Thread: How to install Tatw Dac on Linux using PlayonLinux (Steam Version)

Default How to install Tatw Dac on Linux using PlayonLinux (Steam Version)

Hi Everyone

Feral Games released Total War on Linux and Mac. But the Problem still is that custom settlement's dont work. I possible to change the wallanimation ect ect ect, but it sound like a lot of work. I tried it differently.
    So i tried to install TATW DAC using ONLY Play on Linux. I think i got it running. Im still testing, but so far everything works. Im a total noob with Linux. So i you have Improvments PLEASE post them.

Here Is how i done it. I dont go into details, because my english isnt that good. If somebody want to create a more detailed guide, feel free.

Here is how i have done it:

1. Install Playonlinux and Wine, i used the software center.
    2. Start PlayonLinux and install Steam.
    3. Conigurate Virtual Drive which hold steam. Downloade the Wine Version to 2.8 .To do that you have to install it first. You can change it in PlayonLinux.
    4. Install d3dx9 and dotnet35 , playonlinux helps you to install it, you have to give it some kind of permission, the program tells you how to do it. But i had error in the end, and it could not install the last patch, or something lik that. Something with Framewok 3.1 Still it worked.
    5. I Configurated the Wine Version to run with Windows7. Dont know if this is necessary, but it worked.....
    6. I looked up where the Virtual drive is. Its in your /home folder. But its hidden. There you find /home/*Username*/.PlayOnLinux/wineprefix/Steam/drive_c/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common. There is your Virtual version of Medievil 2 Total War. You have to install the .exe files using Wine. Its really easy. Just stick with the instructions Third age and TATW DAC tells you how to do it. Just check the installationpath.
    7. Run the Game and Enjoy.
    8. Total war DAC is the best submod, all thanks to the submod team. They are awesome to create a mod like that.

I trie to help everybody to get Tatw DAC running on there PC. But im no expert.

Good luck and have fun

Best Regads

c.l.
    Last edited by Käpt'n Blaubär; May 15, 2017 at 05:45 PM. Reason: changed wine version

Default Re: How to install Tatw Dac on Linux using PlayonLinux (Steam Version)

I would love to pull back. I have a lot of crashes, and i dont know why. Custome Battles work very well, but the campagne Map crashes very often and i dont know why. Just be aware. Really sorry. Need's more testing.

Did anyone actualy tried this? Could you post your results? Maybe you got something i missed.

I have this strange bug, that some part of the unite is showed and some are not. I install everything on more time and see if it makes a difference.

I use now wine version 2.8

Crashes and bugs are still here. But if i put all the videosetting on low. The problems (all of them) are gone. When i put it back on high. It doesnt work....

Hello

I just wanted to tell,i have given up. I installed windows to play this mod. Maybe somebody else figuere it out what to do and how to run it in wine and linux

Have fun and good luck c.l.

Sorry

Haydn91's Avatar Foederatus

Work also with wine version 3.3 with install d3dx9 and dotnet35