Thread: General campaign questions

Eidgeniesser's Avatar Libertus

Default General campaign questions

So I think I have understood the Population and society aspect the mod brings into the game, and I love it.

Besides that I have some problems with/questions about Total war mini-campaigns:
    Does the campaign only last 120turns (4x30)? If so are there TPY mods that work well with the mod?
    Is this mostly a war campaign or does it make sense to invest in my economy? (especially with Athens its hard to get the feel for this)
    Do I just build troops in the beginning to conquer cities or is there an aspect of empire building?

Default Re: General campaign questions

No the campaIgn can last indefinitely.

It is mostly a war campaign. You will face initial economic problems but as you grow, money will be slowly less important if you manage your troops with logic. For example navies are extremely expensive so if you keep then in ports and only use them briefly you save money. Also long sieges could exterminate your economy so either gather money before you go to siege or attack quickly. I never faced problems with money in mid to end games but I was playing sensibly (it is also historic not to face money problems when you own half Greece)

For the initial phase of the game you need mainly troops. Later on though as you strain your human resources you need to replace them fast and in big numbers. To do this you need to invest to appropriate buildings so there is a critical role in buildings but mostly for later phases of the game
    Cheers
    Last edited by Phalangitis; May 15, 2017 at 03:58 PM.