Thread: WOW NEW LOTR MODq

Default WOW NEW LOTR MODq

holy cow this guy has made a whole new mod on lotr aswell you guys should contact him ASAP

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=924001975

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Default Re: WOW NEW LOTR MODq

We need no people who import models from other games (talking about all lotr mods). Besides that the quality is way lower than ours. Not to offend the creator of that mod but we need uniformity.
    Last edited by Mr.Jox; May 14, 2017 at 02:03 AM.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Yeah we know about that guy, and I'm in contact with him at least.

Basically the team view is that we'd prefer to only create high quality models. This of course means the mod takes a much longer time to make, but it ensures that the models look professional and there isn't a large amount of disparity between the visual quality of the models.

And unfortunately snowyussr isn't good enough at texturing or modeling to join the team. I like his work, and I personally think his Citadel Guard have quite high quality models and textures but it's not up to me. In addition the creator of the other LOTR mod on the Attila workshop, "LOTR Galadhrim Elves", can't actual model. He instead ports the models from other games such as Skyrim and tweaks their skeletons so that they work in Attila.

I admire both of their work, and its much better than anything I could do but we prefer to only create really high quality models. It's kind of shooting ourselves in the foot I guess, but hopefully our dedication will pay off in the long run.

TLDR - Neither of the two LOTR mods on the Steam Workshop are high enough quality to join Rise of Mordor, but we like them and encourage them (and I'm not denigrating their work).

Edit: I don't know why the creators of the two mods haven't merged, but it might be because of similar reasons as ours, or more likely because IceTea is away for all of this month.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; May 14, 2017 at 02:01 AM.

oh wow i had no clue! yeah importing is def not ok thanks for your explanation lads, just wanted to help out!

ROM Team, keep doing what you're doing. I've seen you tubers somewhat glorifying these mods and it blows my mind considering just how low quality the models are compared to the Rise of Mordor.

I've been with ya and following this mod since 2015 and there is no reason to forfeit the hard work and great detail for a rushed low quality product.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Member of the Maiar View Post
    ROM Team, keep doing what you're doing. I've seen you tubers somewhat glorifying these mods and it blows my mind considering just how low quality the models are compared to the Rise of Mordor.

I've been with ya and following this mod since 2015 and there is no reason to forfeit the hard work and great detail for a rushed low quality product.
    Agreed!

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Quote Originally Posted by Member of the Maiar View Post
    I've seen you tubers somewhat glorifying these mods and it blows my mind considering just how low quality the models are compared to the Rise of Mordor.
    Keep in mind it's a revenue-driven outlet and that exciting titles ("FIVE BAJILLION MAN MASSIVE EPIC BATTLE CLASH"), positive feedback, and making every mod seem perfect helps drive traffic, clicks, and subscriptions. Not every channel does this but it's common among newer ones with low subscriber counts.
    Last edited by Blick Mang; May 19, 2017 at 02:19 PM.

Alkar's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Blick Mang View Post
    Keep in mind it's a revenue-driven outlet and that exciting titles ("FIVE BAJILLION MAN MASSIVE EPIC BATTLE CLASH"), positive feedback, and making every mod seem perfect helps drive traffic, clicks, and subscriptions. Not every channel does this but it's common among newer ones with low subscriber counts.
    Lots of strategies out there for newcomers and that's definitely one of them.

Of the Lore of Middle-earth: Click Here and Here

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Gamersville101 View Post
    holy cow this guy has made a whole new mod on lotr aswell you guys should contact him ASAP

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=924001975
    Unit packs aren't really that much fun without the whole LOTR spectrum imo