Thread: Thank You for a Great Mod

hellcatfighter's Avatar Laetus

Icon14 Thank You for a Great Mod

I just want to express my gratitude for the creation of this mod. After recently finishing my exam for Ancient History in my university, I was instantly struck by a passion to play the Eastern Roman Empire in Total War. Unfortunately, my laptop (I know, I know, uni problems) does not have the specs for Attila, and so I searched for mods on the Late Roman Empire for RTW. And behold, I found this mod.

Thank you to all the developers of this mod, as you all have created a perfectly fine tuned mod that is a very good representation of historical realities in the 5th century. The campaign was genuinely challenging, and I'm proud to say that I lost to the Persians as ERE. I rarely give up campaigns, and this was the first time I gave up on one within 50 turns, when the Persians basically did a Manzikert on me and destroyed both my military and economic capabilities. Huge props to the developers for creating such an immersive mod with an amazing portrayal of both the financial and military difficulties of ERE.
    It might be slightly blasphemous for me to say so, but this mod has given me a better experience than either DarthMod or EB

(And now, if only you fix the autoresolve problem and nerf those blasted Sassanid general units...)

Sorry for the rant, I'll be going back to my Medieval and Early Modern World exam prep now...

Default Re: Thank You for a Great Mod

Quote Originally Posted by hellcatfighter View Post
    I just want to express my gratitude for the creation of this mod. After recently finishing my exam for Ancient History in my university, I was instantly struck by a passion to play the Eastern Roman Empire in Total War. Unfortunately, my laptop (I know, I know, uni problems) does not have the specs for Attila, and so I searched for mods on the Late Roman Empire for RTW. And behold, I found this mod.

Thank you to all the developers of this mod, as you all have created a perfectly fine tuned mod that is a very good representation of historical realities in the 5th century. The campaign was genuinely challenging, and I'm proud to say that I lost to the Persians as ERE. I rarely give up campaigns, and this was the first time I gave up on one within 50 turns, when the Persians basically did a Manzikert on me and destroyed both my military and economic capabilities. Huge props to the developers for creating such an immersive mod with an amazing portrayal of both the financial and military difficulties of ERE.
    It might be slightly blasphemous for me to say so, but this mod has given me a better experience than either DarthMod or EB

(And now, if only you fix the autoresolve problem and nerf those blasted Sassanid general units...)

Sorry for the rant, I'll be going back to my Medieval and Early Modern World exam prep now...
    Thank You for the kind words hellcatfighter. It makes my day to read such words and I really mean that. Hopefully I can come back and tweak a few more things soon. Good luck on your Endeavors. I know the university is quite the grind..
    Last edited by Riothamus; May 14, 2017 at 08:23 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Aram Kurdo's Avatar Tiro

nearly 12 years apart that Rome 1 was much better than theese rome2 & attila an so on its very nice to see in 2018 that people still love to play its mods, i too have my greatest thanks and appreciation for creators of this nice mod/s of IB and after all those years that its unexampled and uncompareable not only for total war mods but for other games too and your works and efforts are much much greater beyond my words even with very less advertisement among other mods for Rome 1 & 2 i have lack of perfection in words to gratitude and appreciate your works specially for eastern cultures in this mod i thank you indefinitly! my Love and Gratitude from Kurdistan for you nice people .
    Last edited by Aram Kurdo; December 18, 2017 at 05:52 AM.
    Racists and Fascists Call You Terrorists, Humanity Calls You "FREEDOM FIGHTER"
    YPJ (Women protection Units) Warriors in Rojava (Kurdistan Of Syria)

You are very welcome. Thank You for such heart felt words!

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod