Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: [GS NB HS] TES Newbloods IV

Librarian's Avatar Ducenarius
    Please get me out of this hellhole of the UK

Default Re: [Gaming Staff NB HS] TES Newbloods IV

I tried to play my turn but my password didn't work, could you clear for me?

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Sent.

Would it be possible to upload pictures in some more accesible way? Direct link to the pictures would be better (right click on the pics to get their url). On mediafire you can also put all pics in one presentation. Select all the pictures, press "view" and use the url of the presentation page.

http://i.imgur.com/dcDpso7.png
    http://i.imgur.com/nnWf3c6.png
    http://i.imgur.com/F30v5NV.png
    http://i.imgur.com/z1PK975.png
    Salida (I find her name funny because that means Exit in spanish, you see it all around) took a squad of riders and skirmished with a pathetic force, no doubt for spying.

https://www.mediafire.com/?6gwsh82oj2ztlns

Your turn. Adversary.
    Last edited by Librarian; July 16, 2017 at 02:50 PM.

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

yooooooo you scared me i thought you shattered my armies lmao

WHEW welcome back mate

Glad to be back

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

Ill think about it next time

twc's attachment system works great for me. click Go Advanced > click the Attachment option (lil paperclip at the top right of the post options) > click Add Files at the top right > choose your files, hit the + button to add more files to the list > click Upload > after the upload, click Insert Inline at the bottom right and all of your images will show up in the message field

Sharnhelm up https://www.mediafire.com/?hhjull01xf7cl8h

--

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

"War is in the air."

The sands and hills surrounding Abibon-Gorah were covered with the engines of war. Towers, rams, ladders beyond count. Ditches as deep as moats, stakes of rows that seemed almost to outnumber the men they protected. The citadel itself held a paltry garrison, but King Kameron expected Fahara'Jad to appear on a northern coastline any day. He waited. And waited. The weeks wore on, and the King grew impatient. It began to affect his judgement, and his men took note. Their attempts to assuage their King's spirit only served to agitate him, and soon they left him alone.

Another week passed when, finally, word from a spy in the north arrived; Fahara'Jad was camped along the Bjoulsae with many of his veterans. The King was enraged; men from the next camp over could hear his fury. Kameron put on a show that his honor had been insulted, that Fahara'Jad's refusal to face Kameron in the field was the greatest disrespect. He spat and raved until his face was red, and then suddenly he went quiet, took a seat, and laid in his cups for the rest of the evening. One by one his commanders took their leave, eager to escape the mood of the tent. Only Sai Sahan, Commander of the Dragonguard, remained, stark and silent as he had been all night.

"Sit, Commander. Have a drink."

Sahan curtly nodded and followed the order. It had been some time since King and Commander had been alone together. They enjoyed themselves for a short time, joking and catching up. By his fourth drink, Sahan sobered up. "You were right, my King."

"Only half. I thought the Aldmeri would invade. I did not expect it would be at Fahara'Jad's invitation."

"He expects the Dominion to accept fealty? How long would that last?"

"No. He has forsaken Redguard sovereignty to spite me. Perhaps he expects Bangkorai to help drive the elves from our shores after the war in the north is settled. I do not know. What I know is that he would prefer to doom his people than see the Redguard united under another banner. No matter. Get some rest. At daybreak, you will storm the citadel with the vanguard. The rest of the army will rest and prepare for the elves."

"It will be as you will, sir."

"Sahan."

"Sir?"

"When you have taken control of the castle, loot everything you can."

"My King..."

"This is no longer a dispute among Redguards. The Forebears are our mortal enemy. Those who accept their protection, who relinquish goods and gold and grain to our enemy, will relinquish those same things to me. This is the greatest stronghold the Forebears hold; I will not fight this war at a disadvantage. Sack the castle. Put any prisoners to the sword. Kill any smallfolk who resist or show signs of disorder. Those are your orders."

"Yes, my King."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fight2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	120.4 KB 
ID:	347191Click image for larger version. 

Name:	result2.png 
Views:	11 
Size:	481.6 KB 
ID:	347192

--

Shortly after the sacking of Abibon-Gorah, news arrived that shed light on the truth of the situation on the Redguard civil war; the Elves were nowhere to be seen. Only minor Aldmeri patrol fleets and trading vessels were reported in the vicinity of Hammerfell seas. However, the Crown fleet had been decimated in battle by Daggerfall. When the King heard the news, he broke in to laughter. His generals laughed with him, nervously, not sharing in his apparent lust for a fight with multiple enemies. Only Sai Sahan knew the relief that was running through his King's body; it ran through his as well. The men were anxious, nervous, perhaps even afraid. But they would be led by the renewed vigor of the King. Sahan would remain behind to safeguard the King's greatest prize in the civil war.

Scouts reported that Prince Casimir of Daggerfall had taken an unfortified position just outside Sunhold. Kameron organized the entirety of his cavalry and the rearguard of his infantry and marched northeast through the desert; upon his arrival, he sent the worst of his cavalry to initiate a skirmish while his scouts kept an eye on Forebear activity along the castle walls. When the Forebears made no move to assist the Prince an all out assault was ordered. When the battle was done, Prince Casimir lay among the slain. Reports say that after taking an arrow to the thigh, and then his right lung, the Prince fought on until he was lanced by a knight. The King released a handful of survivors to deliver back to High Rock the body of their Prince and his knights.

Name:	fight1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	168.8 KB 
ID:	347193Click image for larger version. 

Name:	result1.png 
Size:	560.1 KB 
ID:	347194

Shortly after the battle, the final third of the King's invasion force arrives along the road to Sunhold. The King sends an envoy to the Forebears offering peace, a brief reprieve from battle so that King Fahara'Jad might take the wise course of abandoning his defense of Wayrest to personally lead his forces in the decisive conflict for Redguard supremacy. Meanwhile, the King prepares himself for the Forebears expected declination of peace and the bloody counter-attack that will surely follow Prince Casimir's death. A small price to pay, Kameron assures his men, for the message they have sent to Daggerfall.

--

Word of the King's successes in the west quickly spread to the eastern borders of the Crown. At Fort Riverpoint, just southeast of Hallins' Stand, Dhakir at-Nimr, recently adopted in to the royal family, stands at council with General Am-Shadal the Lucky, charged with the protection of the Crown's heartland while the King is campaigning. Scouts report that the Forebear army at Hallin's Stand is marching to Hammerfell, so Am-Shadal orders Dhakir to take most of the army, set up camp in Wayrest territory, and retreat if the Forebears return.

As the Forebears arrive back at Hallins' Stand, Dhakir prepares for the march back to Fort Riverpoint before receiving word that Wayrest has marched a second army south, to the east of his position. Dhakir, sensing the window to take Hallin's Stand closing, disregards orders, risks encriclement, and attacks. Upon their arrival, the Wayrest garrison immediately sallies out to take up a position next to the Forebears. A bloody contest ensues, but the alliance cannot withstand the might of a unified Redguard front. The garrison and its reinforcements are smashed. The Forebears flee the city while the Wayrest garrison prepares itself for the coming assault.

Name:	fight3.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	168.7 KB 
ID:	347195Click image for larger version. 

Name:	result3.png 
Size:	599.2 KB 
ID:	347196

The Forebears are caught twice in their retreat, losing one of the generals, but peskily managing to escape complete destruction.

Name:	fight4.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	347197Click image for larger version. 

Name:	result4.png 
Size:	541.7 KB 
ID:	347198

Name:	fight5.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	347199Click image for larger version. 

Name:	result5.png 
Size:	552.6 KB 
ID:	347200

TLDR

Abibon Gorah sacked, Prince Casimir and his army are dead, Forebear army at Hallins' Stand defeated multiple times, Wayrest army at Hallin's Stand defeated while reinforcing the Forebears, King Kameron offers terms of peace to King Fahara'Jad at the price of 1,000 dragons per turn for the duration of the peace. The Forebears may dissolve this peace at will, while the Crown must honor it for at least ten turns. The King offers the men responsible for the defeat of the Forebears in the ambush outside Hegathe as hostage; he and his son will stay at court in Sentinel for ten turns (i'll park their two units next to Sentinel alone) , or return to Hegathe should the Forebears choose to dissolve the peace before ten turns and honor the safe passage of the Hegathes.
    Last edited by cowcow; July 17, 2017 at 05:05 PM.

Gaming Emeritus

Nice turn and RP

However, are you sure you havent broken these rules in Hallin's Stand?

4)
    Yoyo armies\forts bug
    : no attacking an army which the bug has been used on multiple times. You can see when this bug occurs, as the enemy army enters the fort and then leaves it.

-Not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny its garrison participation in battle.
    - You are not allowed to besiege a settlement to deny enemy retreat into it.

Gaming Emeritus

Nvm, forgot Hallin's Stand actually belongs to the other faction anyway. However, your pics doesnt show where did the forebear army retreat? (Which is what created the confusion...)
    Last edited by Jadli; July 22, 2017 at 12:07 PM.

here's the retreat routes of the forebears with the armies i used

Name:	retreat.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	297.1 KB 
ID:	347327

Gaming Emeritus

This retreat routes deny every medieval mechanic about defeating armies I know, but I tested it myself and got the same routes. So no problem here. Thank you for help!

Fahara'jad has a full stack directly north of Hallins' Stand along the Bjoulsae, so the 2nd and 3rd retreat routes must be directed towards him. But that first one, I don't think I'll ever understand lol

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Sharnhelm subbed. Direnni Tower captured with overwhelming odds. Discussing something internally with Jadli before Daggerfall save is posted.

Edit - while subbing, I noticed that Wayrest demolished the shipwright in Direnni Tower even though it was under siege. FYI, demolishing buildings in a besieged settlement is never allowed in hotseats. Due to an oversight, however, there was no rule specifically prohibiting it in this hotseat. So although I have restored the shipwright for Sharnhelm's use, no gold will be deducted from Wayrest.

New building destruction rules have been added to the OP. Jadli, I am sending everyone a VM to notify them of this so there will be no excuses.

Daggerfall:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwL...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by joerock22; July 23, 2017 at 09:13 AM.

Arglaxx's Avatar Libertus

Wayrest up, nice job for both Orcs and Crowns, I guess I went in like a rooster without a head, shame on me.

https://www.mediafire.com/?gzt73zh203xn9ji

I apologize, But I Cant participate in the game Any longer (at least next 5 weeks).
    Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by lekseus View Post
    I apologize, But I Cant participate in the game Any longer (at least next 5 weeks).
    Sorry.
    Are you leaving or having a sub?

Gaming Emeritus

I think I have a replacement (or two), so we will use that. Also, sorry for not subbing Wayrest yet, I didnt know he is that late. If its not played in few hours, Ill sub ( would be useful if you guys sometimes notified admins)
    Last edited by Jadli; July 27, 2017 at 09:05 AM.

I was gonna rat out Wayrest again but then he came online so I just went to bed

LordPureLegacy's Avatar Decanus

I will do Wayrest may we cause chaos to those who challenge us!