Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: [GS NB HS] TES Newbloods IV

Arglaxx's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: [Gaming Staff NB HS] TES Newbloods IV - WAYREST OPEN!

I'll try to do it tonight if I can, I have final 3 tests in the next 3 days so I am busy as hell and be prepared to sub me if I do not play my turn.

Librarian's Avatar Ducenarius
    Please get me out of this hellhole of the UK

Icon4 Re: [Gaming Staff NB HS] TES Newbloods IV - WAYREST OPEN!

Quote Originally Posted by mupmas View Post
    This turn was a lot more active than I expected it to be. Ended up scouting the west at the end of my turn only to have to reload after getting ambushed in my own territory

The King does not take kindly to insults or belligerence, and his vassals are quick to exact his justice, with or without orders. The ambush force was dealt with.
    Attachment 346106
    Attachment 346105

Upon hearing word of the border skirmish, Dhakir at-Nimr, Rightful Lord of Hallin's Stand, raced to the border to fight any more who dared threaten the King's borders, taking with him nothing more than his personal guard and a group of local horse shepherds. He found Rihad al-Tura there, alone, and slayed nearly half his guard.
    Attachment 346104
    Attachment 346103

For this act of bravery, the King has adopted Lord Dhakir at-Nimr in to the royal family and taken a personal interest in his claim on Hallin's Stand.

Attachment 346102Attachment 346101

The King has dispatched a royal emissary to Hallin's Stand with an ultimatum; accept our payment of 2,000 crowns to cover the increased cost of unit upkeep and cede Hallin's Stand to The Clan of Crowned or King Kameron himself will come to your doorstep to press his royal claim with the full force of Hammerfell's might.

In Sentinel, a baggage train arrives carrying the captured standards and bodies of slain officers from the ambush outside Hegathe. The previously agreed upon trade document, covered now in an X shaped blood stain, is delivered with a short note attached; "The King's road demands its toll."
    This laughable attempt at treachery is pathetic. Those forces were scouts! What kind of ambush, or even invasion, force only sends 500 men? It was not an ambush, because we weren't at war. The only way this could have transpired that you attacked, my friend, the defenseless Rihad at-Tura first, whom was not in cover, for want of good will between brother Redguards. Rihad was simply updating our map information, he had been there for several (turns?), as clearly you know. Our "ambush forces" were mapping the oasis on the border. See here: We are clearly within our border.

What you did was slaughter. I sent you an olive branch, an alliance offer! You return it to me by sending corpses? Beggar nobles do not land on our shores as you did so many years ago and ask to be put back in power. You reward this man for his "bravery"? You create a fake image of your imposter King's petty pride! And then immeaditately degrade your bloodline by adopting the first butcher who would readily kill his own fellow yokudan without a second thought? Such obvious trickery for your own deluded dream and vile ambition!
    I denouce your foul play against your brothers and call all good-honoured friends of the Ra Gada to answer our call to keep our King's Peace. We will not stand for this treachery. As soon as my kinsmen Emeric takes his seat, he shall surely agree! For our alliance is bound by marriage and in his children's veins run the blood of the Forebears! Redguards, we will drive back the invader and settle this feud, once and for all! Take arms men! For tonight, we celebrate our victory! CHARGE!
    For the Glory Of Hammerfell!

King Fahara'jad
    Leader of the Forebears
    True King of Hammerfell
    Last edited by Librarian; June 13, 2017 at 10:51 AM.

cowcow's Avatar Ordinarius

Our King foresaw this sort of manipulation on your part. As it happens, we have a handful of witnesses from a passing caravan who can attest that the ambush took place at midday, while by all accounts Lord Dhakir at-Nimr struck down your general's pitiful guard at sundown.

Your excuse is that your forces are in their own territory; aye, but my forces are in my territory, and the battle took place on my territory. How, then, could I possibly be the aggressor?

(it's impossible for me to provide proof that couldn't have been doctored, but Jadli can confirm the ambush happens when we are neutral.)

Arglaxx's Avatar Libertus

All is quiet on the (North)Western front

Wayrest up https://www.mediafire.com/?mqwkp6o45dwmwn8

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by mupmas View Post
    Our King foresaw this sort of manipulation on your part. As it happens, we have a handful of witnesses from a passing caravan who can attest that the ambush took place at midday, while by all accounts Lord Dhakir at-Nimr struck down your general's pitiful guard at sundown.

Your excuse is that your forces are in their own territory; aye, but my forces are in my territory, and the battle took place on my territory. How, then, could I possibly be the aggressor?

(it's impossible for me to provide proof that couldn't have been doctored, but Jadli can confirm the ambush happens when we are neutral.)
    Ambushes truly happen even if two factions are neutral.

I suppose you are both right, as the forebear army was standing in their terrirory, as Librarian claims, but the battle happened in crowned teritorry, as mupmas claims, due to the ambush mechanics

on a sidenote, how do i change my name on this forum? this was just supposed to be a throwaway account lol

i need a real name

Gaming Emeritus

Hm, not sure if you can. If it is possible, it will be somewhere in "My account"

there's an option for a name change, but it says I don't have permission. who's in charge around here

ArBo's Avatar Senator

I've seen NEMO do it, you could ask him how to get this permission.
    Or, alternatively of course, you could ask Lord Jadli himself for permission, although he'll still have to figure out how the heck to actually do it

Gaming Emeritus

Gaming Staff is unfortunately not in possession of such powers (luckily for you ).

This guy might be able to do it. And if not, he will certainly know someone who can http://www.twcenter.net/forums/membe...gustus-Lucifer

ty for the help gentlemen

now, back to slaughtering one another

Gaming Emeritus

Uh, the last candidate actually changed his mind, so subbing in few hrs. I found another guy, but he needs to install everything etc...

I have a free day today, so It would be stellar if the turn could come today, but the day after tommorrow is fine also.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadli View Post
    Uh, the last candidate actually changed his mind, so subbing in few hrs. I found another guy, but he needs to install everything etc...
    Would you mind asking for their input on my diplomat proposal before subbing?

Gaming Emeritus

Can ask I guess

Subbed. Despite being attacked by multiple factions, Wayrest shall hold. The Siege of Firebrand Keep lifted, the treacherous orsimers were crushed. PICS

Orsinim up! http://www.mediafire.com/file/bx0bk2...Orsinium_4.sav

However, the last defence of Wayrest will fall one Sharnhelm turn...

Admin note:
    Both, Sharnhelm and The Orsimers made a mistake with placing their armies. Orsimers left a pile between their two armies, so I could take each of them alone. You probably thought that in siege battles all armies around the settlement participate? They truly do, but only if I attacked with the besieged army. Attacking a besieging army with another army from outside works samely as a normal battle.
    Sharnhelm did the opposite. Besieged the wayrest fort, leaving the second army north of the besieging army (not next to the fort). If I attacked your army in the same way as I did with orsimers, it would work. However, If I put another wayrest army next to the fort, and then sallied with besieged garrison, only the besieging army would attend the battle (the other one is not next to the fort). Thus I would defeat the army easily. However, luckily for your I chose to get rid of the orsimers.

Also, Orsinium broke the rules, as you have 4 forts with only 1 unit in each of them. Mininum amount of units per each fort is 4. You can punish yourself enough by abandoning the forts, as you lose the money you spent on them. However, you can leave only two, as the other two are filled with the defeated units

EDIT

Hallin's Stand is de iure part of Bangkorai. Neither King of Stormhaven or Bangkorai will accept terms of treacherous Clan of Crowns. King Emeric Cumberland will stand beside his father-in-law in the war to come.
    Last edited by Jadli; June 15, 2017 at 08:05 AM.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Let the brave soldiers of Wayrest stand victorious over the rest of Tamriel once more. Men, CHAAAARGE

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

I will upload my turn later today

joerock22's Avatar Leader of Third Age HS
    Citizen

Those battles illustrate the importance of testing major moves to make sure they work the way you intended. Create a hotseat test game with relevant factions set to human controlled. Then you can cycle through and test the scenario. It doesn't take that long once you get the hang of it. Familiarizing oneself with the admin commands can also speed up the process.

REDBOOSTY's Avatar Ducenarius

Clan Of Forebears up:
    https://www.mediafire.com/?3ajfcmj8u85f0ep

Just one thing Jadil, since this is a newblood HS I dont think its right to sub Wayrest every turn i think that we should try to one more player befor we continue, the longer we play the harder it will be forthat player