Thread: Extreme drop of FPS ONLY in Kabula siege battle

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Default Extreme drop of FPS ONLY in Kabula siege battle

The siege battle starts, everything is ok, fps is good as usual. I break the gates, put ladders on the walls, everything still fine. But when the AI sends his units up the wall and we start fighting then my fps drops so hard that it made the game unplayable and i had to quit the battle. So far i encountered this only in Kabula. I think the AI is trying to do something wich drains the processor.

The same thing happened in another mod only when i destroyed the siege equipment of the besieging army, the AI was going nuts because it didn't know what to do next and was ripping my processor to shreds. I think there is an issue or something with the navigation or something in this settlement.

Default Re: Extreme drop of FPS ONLY in Kabula siege battle

There's a known issue with the larger barbarian settlements on the battle map. It's fixed in 2.3, but unfortunately not in 2.2b or the patches, because the files involved are too big.

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    There's a known issue with the larger barbarian settlements on the battle map. It's fixed in 2.3, but unfortunately not in 2.2b or the patches, because the files involved are too big.
    Ah ok, any estimated date for 2.3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by dlcatalin View Post
    Ah ok, any estimated date for 2.3 ?
    When it's ready.

There are some files floating around somewhere with updated barbarian settlements - ask Roma_Vitrix.

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

ok ty

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

I just left you a message on your profile page, dlcatalin, and I also sent you a private message about something else.

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

The second thing worked, it requires a new game. Thank you very much ! I thanked and rep'ed you both

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

It requires a new campaign? That can't be. Mine was most certainly save-game compatible. I distinctly remember adding it halfway through my Pergamon campaign.

In either case, I'm glad that it worked for you!

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    It requires a new campaign? That can't be. Mine was most certainly save-game compatible. I distinctly remember adding it halfway through my Pergamon campaign.

In either case, I'm glad that it worked for you!
    Lol, i tried it once with my old campaign, i saw no improvement so then i started a fresh campaign (not much of a big deal because im like 20 turns into my old campaign). I sieged Kabula in the first 2 turns, then a retard rebel army attacked me ... didn't save ... had to quit game, start new campaign, this time i went and killed the standing rebel army in forest first with "auto_win", then sieged the city again, but another retard rebel army comes from adjacent province and attacks me again, quit game, start new campaign again because i forgot to save again

Started new campaign, used the spy to find all roaming rebels that can attack me in 1 turn time to prevent me from sieging, killed all of them, then sieged the town. My fps was ok so i concluded the problem is fixed and i exited the battle again. Now i started a new campaign again, for real this time, role play and everything, but decided to take Kabula first to make sure the problem is really really really fixed and not just a lucky 1 time. But then i got a CTD ... How do i upload the log file ? Can i paste links here from other sites if i upload it somewhere? It has like 15 mb.

Zip the file, then attach to a post.

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Nevermind, started new campaign (forgot to save again), no more CTD, conquered Kabula, FPS drop was very very lightly compared to before, only at certain times for like 2-3 seconds, but as soon as i got my entire army inside the city and the AI moved all it's units down from the walls everything went smooth.

I wanted to upload the log anyways so you can check if it's a problem somewhere or just a 1 time bug that happened only to me, but it's too big even compressed, i'm getting this :The following errors occurred:

eb.system.log.rar: Your file of 13.34 MB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 10.00 MB for this filetype.

If it's still too big, then you'll have to host it offsite - Mediafire or Dropbox or the like.

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

I can't open that log, it's too big. Can you get one with just the siege in it?

dlcatalin's Avatar Civis

Not anymore, it got overwritten Forget about it, im like 30 turns into the campaign, 0 problems so far.