Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Assassin's Creed: Origins

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Assassin's Creed: Origins

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    As I have finally gotten used to the gameplay my only criticism is the graphics. My PS4 handled Unity nearly flawlessly so it's disappointing to have so many technical and visual glitches on this. Yeah it is a larger game (I measured..between 40-45 square miles) but the graphics are not nearly as intense as Unity/Syndicate in compensation.
    On PC this is not the case, Origins' graphics are better than Unity and we're getting HDR support in a few weeks as well. Truly this game is meant for Ultra High Def.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Probably means more that they spent more time on it on PC than the consoles, which is different from Ubi's MO.

Again, I got better performance out of Unity, which on my console looked way better and had little to no performance issues. However I haven't had many serious ones since the patch.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

I decided to buy the game over Shadow of War. So far I feel I made the right choice with my money.

It is too early to formulate a fair review. So here are my first feelings after 6 hours of game :

The game has great graphics. The introduction was fantastic. Too bad the stage direction did not keep up. I love the atmosphere of the game. The soundtrack is extraordinary good. So far I visited Siwa and Alexandria. Siwa is a beautiful place. Alexandria is a big place but has an annoying MMO city feeling. The streets are too large, so are the building, etc. I fear Ubisoft will not make a city as atmospheric as Paris during the Revolution. Not before a while.

I still do not like the combat gameplay. It can be fun against a boss or 2/3 enemy max. After it feels terribly gamey.

The story seems like the usual mediocre AC drama. Bayek is likeable. Nothing more. As usual we kill people without reasons. I liked Gennadios' speech upon his death (he is the philakitai tracking Aya for her double murder).

I may sound negative but keep in mind my main interest in the game is the atmosphere. Since AC II my interest in the franchise is to visit different places in different times. In this form of virtual tourism AC Origins feels great so far.

Edit :

By the way if like me you prefer Bayek with his hair and his beard you get it back from the inventory screen. Press LT+Y or RT+Y. You can take his hood on and off from this screen too. Just move the cursor on his outfit slot and press Y.
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; November 05, 2017 at 04:06 PM.

Blog Entries

There are reasons, the story develops a bit more on why these guys gotta die beyond just the fact they are involved in the death of Bayek's son.

But the story overall is kind of weak. Luckily it ends well enough to pretty much redeem it.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

I'm a few hours in, I like the setting, and getting sidetracked. Finding stuff in the game world and taking anything that isn't nailed down is my top priority in games like this. Story is alright, I got past the first Aya memory and

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I was pretty hype when the naval combat made a brief but welcome return
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Blog Entries

Haven't had a chance to finish the remaining 30+ quests yet. Though I have finished the majority of the other extra stuff including the

First Civilization tombs scattered throughout the map

I'm still not sure how I feel about the game. As a historical RPG I think it's hilariously fun and awesome, but its place in the lore of AC bothers me more than it probably should.

Unfortunately, my PC cannot run this game! I've been watching gameplays on youtube, though beside the history itself as well being on Ancient Egypt, so far, I don't like it the way I liked the previous ones. It reminds me a lot the RPG games, which besides The Elders Scrolls, I'm not a big fan. Perhaps, I might change my mind when I got a new PC and give it a try.

"Mankind must establish an end to the war, or the war will establish an end to mankind" - John F. Kennedy

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Me enjoying the game, although my PC can't run it on max graphics ='(
    I have to say though, the default PC keybindings are absolutely atrocious. These are the changes I made if anyone's interested:
    Climb Up - Spacebar
    Climb Down - Left Shift
    Boat Accelerate - Left Alt
    Overpower Attack - Left Shift + Right Mouse Button
    Dodge - Left Alt
    Secondary Interaction - E
    Hippodrome (Chariot) Ramming - Left Mouse Button
    Quests - J
    Gear - I
    Inventory - Y

Here's my screenshots from the campaign. Spoilers abound of course.
    Screenshots of Gameplay
    Screenshots of Cutscenes
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; December 03, 2017 at 12:15 AM.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

A Witcher 3 total conversion mod.

After playing a masterpiece like the witcher 3 wild hunt, i find it forcing myself into playing this.... Not a bad game if only i hadn't experienced the witcher 3 first...i think i would enjoy this game a bit more.

Me enjoying the game, although my PC can't run it on max graphics ='(
    I have to say though, the default PC keybindings are absolutely atrocious. These are the changes I made if anyone's interested:
    This kind of games are meant to be played with gamepad. That is why they have terrible keyboard controls. Generally speaking anyway. I use the xbox one for PC. ( use for the witcher 3 as well.)
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; February 15, 2018 at 03:44 PM.

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Yeah, exactly felt the same. This is why it felt like a mod. Shame on Ubisoft.

Blog Entries

Anyone playing the DLC's?

I finished the Hidden Ones and have been working on CUrse of the Pharaoh's. Good sized DLC's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123