Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SSHIP Tweaks - mini-mods compilation by TM (for 0.9.2)

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: SSHIP Tweaks - mini-mods compilation by TM

I think this should be stickied on the SSHIP page
    Quote Originally Posted by tmodelsk View Post
    Some alternative solutions - which smoetimes worked for me, on my system, or could work for you:
    1. Power mode - change it to Maximum Performance. Windows 10 by default is set to balanced performance !!
    2. Run game in Windows 7 compatibility mode, on my Windows 10 running without it slows down turn time
    3. do not install many mods - I mean do not have many (more than 10?) subdirectories with mods in /mods/ directory. On my system it caused end turn slowdown - game somehow is 'indexing' all files on startup, even if then it will use only one mod. It was my discovery
    4. After game start - Alt + Tab to desktop, run Task Manager and boots priority for medieval2.exe process .
      It has no impact on my system, but I know some games (mostly old single threaded ones) which gain performance boost after such trick.
    5. Restarting game after some amount of turns (lets say ~ 20) also helps. But IMO doing it too often can sometimes influence (badly) campaign AI (other AI decision after restart, in favour of player, then before game restart).
    6. Disable anti - virus when playing. On my system (Windows 10) - scanning system (ex automatic one lauched by Windows itself at night) while playing causes turn slowdown.
    7. After launching the game check in Taks Manager if your system has enough free ram memory.

Point no 5 is surprising - why would such an effect happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Point no 5 is surprising - why would such an effect happen?
    This is actually a known thing, the AI recalculates its decision/strategy when you reload the game. Since in part it depends on using an RNG as well, it might just happen to not blockade your port (thus ending your alliance and starting a war, thus leading it to invade your coastal areas) because the "blockade player's port" was a 40% chance and it rerolled.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I won't stick it for the simple reason that not everybody uses Windows 10. In addition, I think that it might also depends on your computer performances.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I won't stick it for the simple reason that not everybody uses Windows 10. In addition, I think that it might also depends on your computer performances.
    Even if it applies only to a part of the players, I believe it'd be useful. toto95best wouldn't have a reason to ask here, he'd just read it from the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by Alavaria View Post
    This is actually a known thing, the AI recalculates its decision/strategy when you reload the game. Since in part it depends on using an RNG as well, it might just happen to not blockade your port (thus ending your alliance and starting a war, thus leading it to invade your coastal areas) because the "blockade player's port" was a 40% chance and it rerolled.
    I understand point 5 as "save - close M2TW - run M2TW - load". It's not a reload to get different odds that it was before (and to redo the blockage decision in your example). So there's no reason for systematically worse decision of the AI in future. And why doing it too often would have long lasting consequences?

Quote Originally Posted by tmodelsk View Post
    End turn slow down in my tweaks collection is caused by a few tweaks which use 'script monitors'.
    So you can try to switch off those tweaks (listed below), or some of them.

Some alternative solutions - which smoetimes worked for me, on my system, or could work for you:
    1. Power mode - change it to Maximum Performance. Windows 10 by default is set to balanced performance !!
    2. Run game in Windows 7 compatibility mode, on my Windows 10 running without it slows down turn time
    3. do not install many mods - I mean do not have many (more than 10?) subdirectories with mods in /mods/ directory. On my system it caused end turn slowdown - game somehow is 'indexing' all files on startup, even if then it will use only one mod. It was my discovery
    4. After game start - Alt + Tab to desktop, run Task Manager and boots priority for medieval2.exe process .
      It has no impact on my system, but I know some games (mostly old single threaded ones) which gain performance boost after such trick.
    5. Restarting game after some amount of turns (lets say ~ 20) also helps. But IMO doing it too often can sometimes influence (badly) campaign AI (other AI decision after restart, in favour of player, then before game restart).
    6. Disable anti - virus when playing. On my system (Windows 10) - scanning system (ex automatic one lauched by Windows itself at night) while playing causes turn slowdown.
    7. After launching the game check in Taks Manager if your system has enough free ram memory.

### Tweaks that use 'script monitors' an can cause end turn slowdown : ###

• Garrison Script - Raising garrisons on siege - heavy impact, a lot of 'heavy' monitors.
    • Garrison Script - no unguarded settlements - medium impact, 200 small monitors
    • Army Costs - medium / heavy impact - monitor is launched at end turn for every named character, so the more game progress (more turns), so more characters, it's possibly more slowdown
    • Assassins number limited - small impact
    • Maximum treasury limited - small impact
    • ...... - I need to check, I'll update this post if I remember or check something more.

Thank you very much! I've done all the changes you suggested, with the computer advices now I have faster turn times of about 4,5 seconds, with the sship tweaks advices unfortunately I don't see big changes in the speed of the turn, I've tried to remove merchants too but it doesn't affect. PS I have windows 7

marcp's Avatar Libertus

Heya tmodelsk,thanks for all the work you have done with this mod/manager. I'm giving +Rep for certain. I have really gotten back into SSHIP again and,,nothing against the mod or team but I do like some of the features here and make the mod more entertaining for me. I am a bit curious as to which mods/tweaks you use yourself? I am definitely turfing the merchants as I have never liked that agent/part of M2TW. I also am really eager to find out how some of the various other tweaks will play out. I like SSHIP, I really do but it feels a bit unbalanced to me in certain respects...I have high hopes for the faction fate and bonuses. I am also a huge fan (weird terminology for warfare of Aragon/Castile and am planning to play a Reconquista type campaign on my first go with your collection of tweaks.

Addendum, concerning turn times, I have read that turning off campaign shadows will help as well as AI movement. I have an i7 rig and dedicated gp so I am not too often hit with long turn times. I do believe it to be a hardware related thing in general. There are all types of OS services that one should/could turn off that are unused or even unnecessary for their computing life.
    Anyways, great idea and work...much appreciated.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; November 30, 2017 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Illegal application reference removed

marcp's Avatar Libertus

Well, unfortunately I have a problem utilizing this mod tool. I have the files installed properly...AFAIK, and I am unable to have the java.jar execute the installs. After selecting a couple of options I had wished to try I pressed apply. I had no conflicting mods/tweaks but rather this line (unhandled exceptionC:\program files\SEGA\m2tw\mods\SS6.3\tweak-mysettings. (accessdenied) class.java.io.file not found exception. I have been installing mods and doing a bit of tinkering with game mod/hak files for a while but I know very little java commands and not familiar with shell. Not sure at all what I did wrong...maybe my DL was/is corrupted?

Any help would be appreciated TM. I'd really like to try some of this content.

Thanks,Mars

Civis

I can't decide which one is these 4 AI's is best ? I prefer more battles, so basicaly aggressive AI is my choice, but none of them specifies where they are focused on. They all seem to be equal for me. None of them recruit loots of unit stack and provoking Wars.
    so is it Vanillas SSHI,P Quieter, Skynet or Beemurgcarl Is most aggressive and War preferring AI ?

Thanks for such effor.

but
    "Unhandled Error: .\..\data\descr_faction_standing.txt (Access is denied), stoppedException: .\..\data\descr_faction_standing.txt (Access is denied)"

Hello !
    I'm unable to get the Java file to work on both my Mac or Windows (I'm using Parallels Desktop) so I would like to know if there is another way to download some of these files ?
    Thanks and greetings, amazing work !

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Aerys IV le Grand View Post
    Hello !
    I'm unable to get the Java file to work on both my Mac or Windows (I'm using Parallels Desktop) so I would like to know if there is another way to download some of these files ?
    Thanks and greetings, amazing work !
    No, there's no separate download, only SSHIP-Tweaks java app.
    SSHIP mini-mods :

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado Outlaw View Post
    Thanks for such effor.

but
    "Unhandled Error: .\..\data\descr_faction_standing.txt (Access is denied), stoppedException: .\..\data\descr_faction_standing.txt (Access is denied)"
    Sorry for such late answer, I was not here on TW Forums for some time.
    You have (a) installed in wrong folder or (b) SSHIP-Tweaks app can't read mod files (no read permissions).

In case (b) You need to run SSHIP-Tweaks.jar in 'Run as administrator' mode, or install M2TW or whole Steam outside Program Files (this is preffered install anyway from other reasons).
    SSHIP mini-mods :

Ok I will try to find a way to get the java file to work then

thanks for the very quick answer

Hey, what are the recommended difficulty settings for Campaign and Battle to get the most out of these tweaks?

I always play Hard/Hard as I don't like ridiculous AI battle moral and fatigue bonuses on VH BAI, nor do I like AI stack spamming which usually occur on VH campaign

Is H/H also the recommended option for SSHIP?
    Frei zu sein, bedarf ist wenig, nur wer frei ist, ist ein König.

Current Hotseat:
    Britannia: The Isles of Chaos

Some really nice tweaks here.
    However, I selected the "no merchant" option, yet I can still recruit them. Weird.

Also, how do I revert back to vanilla SSHIP? By just unselecting all options?

Cheers.

Current Hotseat:

Quote Originally Posted by Der Böse Wolf View Post
    Some really nice tweaks here.
    However, I selected the "no merchant" option, yet I can still recruit them. Weird.

Also, how do I revert back to vanilla SSHIP? By just unselecting all options?

Cheers.
    You must download older wersion 1.1 not 1.3 because remove merchants doesnt work on 1.3.
    There is restore backup option you must run before change the tweaks version.

Quote Originally Posted by Grathus View Post
    You must download older wersion 1.1 not 1.3 because remove merchants doesnt work on 1.3.
    There is restore backup option you must run before change the tweaks version.

Ok Thanks. I chose to go for the "Merchant Nerfed" option which works well in version 1.3

However, I have a question regarding the BeeMugCarl AI.
    Here are the features in the wiki.

As you can se, BeeMugCarl added a "a new and improved battle AI (watered down version of GRBAI)

But since it is crossed, does this mean that with these tweaks, the Battle AI was not touched and is still Vanilla SSHIP G5RBAI? If so which version of G5RBAI is it?

Features:

Copied from original BeeMugCarl TW Thread:

• Smart Defensive AI. will defend key cities and sue for peace when losing or outnumbered.
    • Attacking with more than one army at once and at multiple points.
    • Supports Allies with force.
    • Less pesky declarations of war from naval blockades.
    • Aggressive Rebels that WILL fight you and won't leave their cities unguarded.
    • A new and improved battle AI! (Watered down version of G5RBAI) THIS WAS CROSSED IN THE WIKI PAGE
    • Tiny little file size and high compatibility. you really have no reason not to try this out!

Current Hotseat:

What the hell is wrong with AI assassins?? I am using Tmodelsk "Limited Assassins" tweak and still I got 5 FM members assassinated one after the other. In one turn, I got my FL assassinated and the new FL also assassinated.
    On every end turn there are assassins in front of each of my settlements trying to kill someone.
    I have put a spy in every settlement and even an assassin and still my FL got killed.
    This is ridiculous.

I would like to RP but the lifespan of each FL is like 5 turns before he gets killed. Every end turn I sit and hope the AI assassins miss. It's fun to get your FL killed every once in a while, but there are attempts EVERY turn on multiple cities. And this with the "limited Assassins" script!

My assassin kills one enemy assassin each turn but I can only have one assassin and I can't keep up.
    It's becoming: Assassin: Toral War.

I think the tweak should be even more restrictive.

Current Hotseat:

Civis

For me, its no longer possible to Run As Administrator .JAR files on Windows 10 build 1803, last 06 patch

Hey there! Sounds like a very great mini-mod, I'm actually trying it out right now! But I was wondering, as it is something that trouble me since the beginning of time, will you ever add a re-emergence script? I like to conquer and all, but what I would better like is like the roman empire, more my empire grows and more unstable it becomes, so I'd really like to have to fight re emerging faction. And also to make the unstability of my empire earlier (not just when I'm already at 45 settlements or more, more like after 15-20 let's say?). Anyway, waiting for your feedback about this, i know there is some thread speaking about shadow faction or something, making it instead of having rebel emerging, it's the dead faction. Anyway, thanks a lot for your time and dedication!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast