Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SSHIP Tweaks - mini-mods compilation by TM (for 0.9.2)

Default Re: SSHIP Tweaks - mini-mods compilation by TM

Quote Originally Posted by tmodelsk View Post
    @greywarden : Thanks for reporting. Same error as Eldgrimr . I'll find & fix this bug, but I need your help.

Could you send me please your campaign_script.txt , as described in a previous to your post, so I could see what's going on.
    Done!

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by greywarden View Post
    Done!
    greywarden Thanks !
    I at once see what's the problem. I think you and Eldgrimr have some older version of SSHIP, I see differences between latest SSHIP campaign_script.txt and your file.
    For ex.: Your file has some script error which is fixed in newest release.

But anyway - I'll modify my app to work with your file & upgrade error handling & reporting & stability.
    I think I will do it today evening.
    SSHIP mini-mods :

How do I have an older version of SSHIP? I'm pretty sure I downloaded it from the newest thread... Can you point me to the right one?

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

The latest version is the one from here. Unless you have downloaded it before June 2016, you should have the latest file
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Eldgrimr's Avatar Biarchus

That's strange. From what I remember, I have the latest version.
    Lifth, do you think it's worth it to reinstall the whole mod, or will the new version be released soon?

Blog Entries

When you start the game, you should see the splash screen mentionning Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project V0.9.2.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If yes, you have the latest version.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Well, then I have the latest version, because that is exactly what I see. Thanks for the help!

Blog Entries

You're welcome

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Give me a while ... I started to check it ... even I'm little bit confused right now ...
    I'm downloading right now fresh SSHIP install and will check it.
    SSHIP mini-mods :

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

I've downloaded fresh SSHIP install from Google Drive link https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WdGWElJdGxUVkk
    I've installed it somewhere - SSHIP Installer it just unpacking files, right ?

Eldgrimr - campaign_script.txt file that you send differs from above latest 'clean version'.
    For example : in Eldgrimr there's some version of Miquel_80 "Select heir Script" from line 454, which is not in clean SSHIP .

Eldgrimr
    do have some customized install ? Do you added by yourself "Select heir Script" ?
    Do you have Steam version ? Or standalone / CD one ?

Another example : vanilla SSHIP "Constantinople JIHAD garrison script"

Eldgrimr file
    ;---- Constantinople JIHAD garrison script
    monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Constantinople
    and IsFactionAIControlled
    and I_SettlementUnderSiege Constantinople
    and IsJihadTarget
    and I_SettlementOwner Constantinople = byzantium

create_unit Constantinople, Contaratoi, num 3, exp 0, arm 0, wep 0
    create_unit Constantinople, Toxotae, num 2, exp 0, arm 1, wep 0
    end_monitor
    Clean SSHIP :
    ;---- Constantinople JIHAD garrison script
    monitor_event SettlementTurnStart SettlementName Constantinople
    and IsFactionAIControlled
    and I_SettlementUnderSiege Constantinople
    and IsJihadTarget Constantinople
    and I_SettlementOwner Constantinople = byzantium

create_unit Constantinople, Contaratoi, num 3, exp 0, arm 0, wep 0
    end_monitor
    as you see this scripts differs on line "and IsJihadTarget " but the Eldgrimr version looks valid (http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/IsJihad...(M2-Scripting))

In Eldgrimr file a lot of lines are prefixed with additional Tab, which has no impact, bu the files differs.

Just it for now
    SSHIP mini-mods :

The only added things I have are from my submod that only edits a few text files, and also Jurand's submods.
    It's probably an issue on my end though. When I get the time I'll reinstall SSHIP and try again.
    Last edited by Eldgrimr; May 20, 2017 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    When you start the game, you should see the splash screen mentionning Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project V0.9.2.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

If yes, you have the latest version.
    That's what I see, but just to be sure I'll try to make a clean install with the link @tmodelsk and you provided. Thanks!

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Eldgrimr & greywarden anyway I'll soon upload version which should work on your versions.
    Sorry for problems, it's hard to predict all configurations. Thanks for support & patients
    SSHIP mini-mods :

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tmodelsk
    Eldgrimr - campaign_script.txt file that you send differs from above latest 'clean version'.
    For example : in Eldgrimr there's some version of Miquel_80 "Select heir Script" from line 454, which is not in clean SSHIP.
    Looks like Eldgrimr has used this minimod from Gigantus
    Btw, note that it will be included in next SSHIP's version.

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Icon3 Re: SSHIP Tweaks - mini-mods compilation by TM

Version 1.1 is ready for download.

Eldgrimr & greywarden - it should work on your sship versions. Thanks for bug reporting, thanks for sharing your experience.

My bug was that I was not expecting additional whitespaces (tabs) on the line beginnings in campaign_script.txt file,
    additional whitespaces (tabs) which are not in clean SSHIP 0.9.2 but are valid syntax of this file.
    I'm curious how they got there, the file is somehow 'reformatted'. Maybe some M2TW versions do it.

greywarden - my clean SSHIP with your campaign_script.txt has CTD from unknown reasons,
    so I'm unable to tell if 'Apply Features' for your version will work 100% in game, just can say that my Application is doing it without error.
    Thanks for your help in bug hunting.

Eldgrimr
    The only added things I have are from my submod that only edits a few text files, and also Jurand's submods.
    It's probably an issue on my end though. When I get the time I'll reinstall SSHIP and try again.
    Eldgrimr - if you have a time & will - we can try to do it compatible with each other. Your modding work could be ok, don't abandon it to easily.
    Maybe it is right now already compatible with my v. 1.1 .
    One of my SSHIP-Tweaks project goals is to have high compatibility with next releases, some user own modifications, ...
    so I'm technically ready for it, just it's hard to predict all possibilities.

Update info : Very important !
    Please run previous version, Restore Backup !!! and than delete whole SSHIP-Tweaks folder and normally download & install new one.

Eldgrimr - as you has doubts about Factions Specifics and Byzantium population penalties - I've made in optional.
    You can completely disable population penalties for Byzantium as on below screen & confirm with OK (important) & 'Apply Features'.

Later I'll post complete change log, because there's some more small changes.
    I wish a good sunday for all of us !

SSHIP mini-mods :

Thanks for the new version, mate! It's all working now. As Lifth mentioned, I forgot to mention that I use Gigantus' submod as well, sorry about that.
    PM me if you want to talk about putting my submod in your tweaks, I've got an update for it coming up soon.

Thanks man! I'm excited to play with your submods.

Any plans to change how reputation works? I'm 50 turns in, never exterminated, sacked, executed, ransomed, attacked allies, broke any treaties, etc and my reputation is already despicable. Only faction i went to war with was scotland, we were allies and they attacked me. Reputation is completely broken and it leads to every faction hating me for no reason.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

tmodelsk's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Post Hoc View Post
    Any plans to change how reputation works? I'm 50 turns in, never exterminated, sacked, executed, ransomed, attacked allies, broke any treaties, etc and my reputation is already despicable. Only faction i went to war with was scotland, we were allies and they attacked me. Reputation is completely broken and it leads to every faction hating me for no reason.
    Sorry, can't help now and in the nearest future. I have no idea how reputation works.
    If someone could make research, do something like mini-mod (even simple one), something like proof of concept, or tell exactly what should be changed in which file -> I can implement it as tweak with credits to this person.

I can say from gameplay experience:
    If you are catholic faction, winning over muslim helps, 2-3 large battles and Pope admires you.
    Also it helps with relations with factions that are threated by muslims.
    Example: me-Aragon wiping out moors armies, Spain (in alliance with marriage) is loving me.
    SSHIP mini-mods :

Quick thought on guilds.
    Rename the Explorers Guild to Merchant Adventurers
    Rename Merchants guild to Mercers Guild
    Remove (if you still have them) Thieves, Assassins, Theologians Guilds
    If you want to add extra crafts there's lenty to choose from : goldsmiths, glassmakers, wool, silk etc. (Not fruits and cereals etc)
    If you feel eneterprising you could make some guilds faction specific.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast