Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 0.91 is out!

Default 0.91 is out!

While the work toward 1.0 version is proceeding fast I and Shaba thought to release this version which is still WIP but it starts to move pretty far from Vanilla game experience.

Be patient for the bugs or inconsistancies you can find as this is still not to be intended a polished product but with your gameplay, support and feedback we hope it will be in a near future.

The difference with Vanilla are
    - a huger map (thanks and credits to the original work by Spurius)
    - 188 provinces with completely revised resources and mercenary pools
    - correct names of cities and regions (revised from precedent version)
    - faction names show dinasties when appropriate, not countries
    - 2 turns for year with buildings time/costs, mission and settlement growths tuned accordingly
    - stronger rebels
    - movement rate increased for all units, ships and agents
    - merchants are a real plus now (Venice players will be happy)
    - less inquisitors around
    - Shaba's diplomatic AI 1.5 beta

Installation:

Just unpack the rar file into your main MTWII directory. You'll need then to setup the mod switch to use the custom files.

Help how to configure mod switching:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=70942
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74955
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=75185

DOWNLOAD LINK
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=944

Default Re: 0.91 is out!

how would i make the map compatable with repmans mod? id use shaba's mod, but i want to include all the fix's and that.

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    While the work toward 1.0 version is proceeding fast I and Shaba thought to release this version which is still WIP but it starts to move pretty far from Vanilla game experience.

Be patient for the bugs or inconsistancies you can find as this is still not to be intended a polished product but with your gameplay, support and feedback we hope it will be in a near future.

The difference with Vanilla are
    - a huger map (thanks and credits to the original work by Spurius)
    - 188 provinces with completely revised resources and mercenary pools
    - correct names of cities and regions (revised from precedent version)
    - faction names show dinasties when appropriate, not countries
    - 2 turns for year with buildings time/costs, mission and settlement growths tuned accordingly
    - stronger rebels
    - movement rate increased for all units, ships and agents
    - merchants are a real plus now (Venice players will be happy)
    - less inquisitors around
    - Shaba's diplomatic AI 1.5 beta
    I like a lot of the ideas, but a note on the on the old English campaign - the text doesn't really fit in the boxes anymore - see below example of faction summary (large file - too lazy to convert at this wtime of day ) http://www.phoenixus.co.uk/files/ima...3-46-25-40.png

I think you may need to cut down some of the faction names or make a compromise on them. I wil give more feed back once I have played it for a while longer and tried a couple of other factions.

Angevin Empire | AD 0.93 | England
    Experimental AAR & Dynasty Log

Quote Originally Posted by Rhisiart_ap_Pedr View Post
    I like a lot of the ideas, but a note on the on the old English campaign - the text doesn't really fit in the boxes anymore - see below example of faction summary (large file - too lazy to convert at this wtime of day )
    Fixed (Actually it should be "of Normandy and Anjou").

Umm...crashing/hanging when making new campaign.

Triple checked it my end it seems correct. Lusted's LTC mod and Darth's mod still work.

"Hearts are the depositories of secrets. Lips are their locks and tongues are their keys."
    - Bayushi Kachiko

Quote Originally Posted by =WM=Aufklarung View Post
    Umm...crashing/hanging when making new campaign.

Triple checked it my end it seems correct. Lusted's LTC mod and Darth's mod still work.
    If it were some of the mod files other users like the one above would have the same starting CTD.

1) SAFER WAY
    replicate all MTW2 /data directory structure and files in /AD directory and then unrar the modded files there. Cons: huge space required

2) SMARTER WAY
    read the linked threads, read them once more and then follow their instructions/advices. Usually it is some video files missing as they're not included in the release (otherway it would require a DVD).

Quote Originally Posted by Re Berengario I View Post
    If it were some of the mod files other users like the one above would have the same starting CTD.

1) SAFER WAY
    replicate all MTW2 /data directory structure and files in /AD directory and then unrar the modded files there. Cons: huge space required

2) SMARTER WAY
    read the linked threads, read them once more and then follow their instructions/advices. Usually it is some video files missing as they're not included in the release (otherway it would require a DVD).
    already did both before I posted ;_;

Also, I didn't mix AD with other mods (although considering the two above, I doubt it would matter much). The errors occured with AD by itself. When combined with the other two it ejects me to the root menu (which is a good thing in this case) instead of forcing me to unplug my PC due to a hang.
    Last edited by =WM=Aufklarung; December 25, 2006 at 07:29 PM.

"Hearts are the depositories of secrets. Lips are their locks and tongues are their keys."
    - Bayushi Kachiko

I'm suffering from these same issues, even with the install that worked for the original AD. Can't pin it down yet.

I've attached my system log, because I can't work out the reasons myself. Got fmv and animations and load screens added. Should be running, no idea why not.

sweet, cheers fellas, shall give her a burn

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri Zhivago View Post
    I'm suffering from these same issues, even with the install that worked for the original AD. Can't pin it down yet.

I've attached my system log, because I can't work out the reasons myself. Got fmv and animations and load screens added. Should be running, no idea why not.
    Your game don't use the correct map, check your files.

I'm uploading a new and cleaner version of 0.91. It'll be up in 5 mins.

Thanks. I unzipped directly from Winrar into M2 folder, in a new folder under the name AD, so I got all the files in. Can't wait to get moving in the new version, Ber.

Sorry for double post. Hmm. Stll getting CTD's everytime I start a campaign, also some of the victory conditions on the campaign screen are missing. Spain, Russia, Egypt, Turks etc and a couple others, have nothing in the win conditions box.

Couldn't start a new campaign either;

[script.err] [error] Script Error in AD/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3875, column 1
    Cannot create a general/admiral character without an army/navy.

Deleted Admiral Arneborg with his longboat fleet (line 3875, column 1) in the descr_strat.txt file

Did that resolve the issue?

I can now start a campaign, picked byzantium and fastforwarded one turn. Guess that solved it for me.

I deleted this entry:

character Jon Arneborg, admiral, male, age 24, x 228, y 286
    sailor 1
    army
    unit longboat exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    But I still have the problem with the CTD!

Try: Delete \data\world\maps\base\map.rwm in your mod directory.

Or try to rename the old AD directory and install the latest AD then, because from the log it looks you use some different map.

I modified the descr_start.txt, but I did not suffer any CTD before, neither I do now. Anyway I'm uploading the new archive with the modifications.

The one who posted here its log showed that its game didn't use the modded map.
    If you're using the old AD you have to delete the file map.rwm in AD/data/world/maps/base but it's still better to delete all the old AD directory.

Another thing. this version is NOT savegame compatible. You have to start a new campaign.

Can you tell us when the new version is upped?

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast