Thread: Question about Multiplayer

Default Question about Multiplayer

I bought Shogun 2 the moment it was released but i had never tried playing multiplayer, until now, so i decided to give it a try, i prefer the Sengoku period so i always play with my Sengoku Avatar, the first 3 matches i played were ok as i was fighting against armies of the same period but today after the game began, i noticed that i have to fight an army from the Boshin era! i did play until the end and managed to do some damage but it wasn't a fair battle at all, since my samurais were decimated by the enemy revolver cav, now is it possible to select the era before playing an avatar conquest match? also i have the latest version of the game(steam) and both fall and rise of samurai DLCs but whenever i try to join an online campaign it tells me that my version is not compatible?

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Question about Multiplayer

For the first issue, if.you want to play against same era armies, when you press the battle button and the window tha says 1v1, auto-team land, naval, siege battle pops up, there is a box on the down left corner that writes 'Allow mixed avatars' Untick it.
    As.for the campaign part, first try disabling any mods you have and then try verifying Game Cachee through steam properties. I hope you are trying to play MP campa8gn with a friend of yours cause y9u ll need a lot of patience till you manage to get thi gs started

Default Re: Question about Multiplayer

Quote Originally Posted by Christonikos View Post
    For the first issue, if.you want to play against same era armies, when you press the battle button and the window tha says 1v1, auto-team land, naval, siege battle pops up, there is a box on the down left corner that writes 'Allow mixed avatars' Untick it.
    As.for the campaign part, first try disabling any mods you have and then try verifying Game Cachee through steam properties. I hope you are trying to play MP campa8gn with a friend of yours cause y9u ll need a lot of patience till you manage to get thi gs started
    Thanks for your answer! actually i was trying to join online campaigns that were open and without password, but i guess that's not how it works xD