Thread: Rapper (Nicki Minaj) offers to help a dozen fans with college expenses.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Rapper (Nicki Minaj) offers to help a dozen fans with college expenses.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/nicki-mina...lebrities.html

For those of you that don't know that lady... I don't either. I know she's a singer. The end.
    In any case, that singer was holding a contest for fans. One asked for help with college expenses. She obliged asking for good grades. Then others chirped in, asking help. All in all, she promised more than 20K$ to help fund fans.

A nice generous gesture that doesn't seem staged or attention grabbing. She may (or may not) be the attention seeking kind but that gesture seems sincere.

In any case, I still managed to find something I disagree with. In a couple of cases, people asked for a little money (500$) for "books and supplies". She obliged without even asking their college. In some cases she did ask for proof and some of her fans sent photos of bills. But a person going to her and says "500$ for books please!" could well mean "500$ for books please so I can blow my allowance to drink myself under the table in the summer vacations"
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Default Re: Rapper (Nicki Minaj) offers to help a dozen fans with college expenses.

She's not publicity shy.

But if true, I'll accept as an act of generosity.
    Eats, shoots, and leaves.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Rapper (Nicki Minaj) offers to help a dozen fans with college expenses.

My anaconda don't want none unless you got $ hon
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    My anaconda don't want none unless you got $ hon
    ^.^

She's not publicity shy.
    That is one way to put it.

For those of you that don't know that lady... I don't either. I know she's a singer. The end.
    Cant say im connoisseur or even an admirer of her music, or the genre.

But i happen to know of her, because reasons.... Im knowledgeable of general culture... and stuff

At anycase it is a good initiative.

Reasons ^^
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I am not a fan but I will gladly receive her ill gotten gains.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

I liked Super Bass, butt subsequently I found her dialect very hard to understand.

Patrician

It's not the words it's the booty.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Patrician

Not sure what a Jamaican slave frog has to do with this.

Booty call.

Also, about as lyrically understandable.

Patrician

Iggy Azalea is worse.

Pop is way too weird nowdays.

What happened to the times when weird pop was just this anodyne video:

The Vengabus is coming, and everybody's jumping ^^

Patrician

The Vengaboys are beyond weird. I don't even know how to describe them.

Ah The Vengaboys.... at the time there were the Aqua as well.

All weird, but big and "tremedous" in Scandinavian countries tough.

Great album.

At least Aqua had one decent song

And their singer could actually sing.
    Last edited by Kyriakos; June 10, 2017 at 06:02 AM.

Patrician

I dare not click it milord.