Thread: [OLD] PREVIEW THREAD: Retexturing and Customization

Default [OLD] PREVIEW THREAD: Retexturing and Customization

Hi guys!

Ok it's time a start previewing things here too, not just on ModDB.
    From now we will start a new preview series focused on texturing and customization of units.

Pics will be shown for all new retextured generals/captains and the new textured BG units.

I'll upload one faction each couple of days, all together would be too messy.

Series I: the Sleeper Brotherhood --> retextured general/captain/BG

(The method used is got via GIMP, expoliting its effects for poligons sharpening and texture enhancing...)

The GothicTW Team

Default Re: PREVIEW THREAD: Retexturing and Customization

Guys, hola!

ok I'll speed up a bit the previewing of new generals/captains/BG... Otherwise, too many preview pics and you may get bored, I know

Here, in these six pics (uploaded on ModDB as well) you can see the new retextured BG units for Silverlake/Setarrif and Stewark, plus the new skins for the generals/captains of these factions...

Mmh, here on TWC the pics uploaded have been resulted to be a bit blurry, but on ModDB you have the best visual for these new skins.

I'll continue previewing the other new models regularly...

The GothicTW Team

Guys!

Here in this one pic preview you can see the new "captain" for both goblins and undead, plus the new retexture for the goblin BG.

The undead captain is the one with sabre+shield, while the goblin one is that greenish thing covered in blood (he will be taller and stronger than the tiny goblins ahah).

Of course, the goblins will remain unplayable, would be too weird to have a campaign with them! xDxD

Other models are ready as well, I'll preview again soon.

The GothicTW Team

Guys,
    sorry if I'm putting a lot of pics but I have to, in order to show the new textures...

Here in this Texturing Session we have:

1) textured Onar mercs general
    2) textured undead general (it will be a spear-armed specter)
    3) textured general of Wanderers
    4) textured captain of Wanderers
    5) textured goblin general (bigger and with chainmail, the best armor for goblins)
    6) textured Onar mercs captain

Other new retextured models will follow...

The GothicTW Team

Guys!

Ook, in this intermediate preview among the texturing sessions, we have the lizardmen (they appear in Gothic II) and a new goblin kin, the Hobgoblins (bigger and stronger than their lesser brothers)... All of them belong to the Goblin Tribes faction. You'll see their battle models when you play the game (not previewing them).

Hence, now, what will they do?
    They will play an active role during the campaign (done via "invasions").

The first one will figure the lizardmen when the Dragons hit the Valley of Mines. In Gothic II the lizardmen were the foot soldiers of the dragons, here in GothicTW will be the same... While the militiamen of the kingdom wait for the arrival of the Dragon Hunters in order to be rescued, the lizardmen will cause harm to the Valley and to the inner parts of Khorinis.

Then....

A second invasion system will take place later on, and in this case the lizardmen will be supported by the new hobgoblins and the Gargoyles. The invasions will be numerous and, in particular, these armies will predilect the human player (ahah, we like to offer challenge!)
    You won't be able to predict when and where they're gonna hit, as everything will be on a randomized system. So, they may cause you a lot of nuisance if you are not prudent enough.

This idea was to give even more randomness and unpredictability to the gameplay.

Hence, I'll go ahead previewing the texturing sessions soon...

The GothicTW Team

Guys!

just got the new "rpg weapons system" from my team-mates, as well.

Here, I'll explain everything in detail as the structure behind is a bit complex.
    This weapons system will reproduce the "rpg elements" of the Gothic series.

Hence, according to the "way" chosen for your general, he will specialize in 1h weapons or 2h weapons (if he gets the 1h he may get a 1h shield too, whereas for the 2h is not possible, but they are stronger).

Moreover, according to the "way" and the weapons acquired, the character will develop a specific set of amulets/bracelets/rings and other items.

With this new system we finally reproduce the "rpg characterization" of the hero in the series.
    I'll preview soon with all the due explanations, so you'll understand

The GothicTW Team

In this one-pic-preview I explain the mechanics of the new implemented weapons system, based on RPG simulation. What is important here is not the pic itself, but its explanation.
    For anyone interested, please just take a couple of minutes to read.

What does RPG weapons system mean?

As you may have seen, in GothicTW any character must choose his "way" (life's path). Namely, he can develop skills as:

a) Warrior --> offense
    b) Strategist --> defense
    c) Behavioural --> public order
    d) Governor --> money

According to the path chosen for your character, he will develop a specific set of armors, weapons, amulets, rings, items, etc.
    In the pics here, for ex., Ethorn is specialized as a "Commander" and follows the "Warrior Path". Hence, this means he will develop skills and items which are triggered toward offense. Being a special character, he already starts with his own weapon --> a 1h weapon, this means he will get the chance to associate a shield with it (in case he had a 2h weapon, the shield wouldn't appear). For normal characters, the items will be acquired during the campaign according to the deeds they do. (In the pics you may see the conditions for getting a certain item, usually each of them has two, three or more conditions available to be triggered).
    As he chose the offensive way, the triggerable items will be focused on offense as well. Hence, he may become a great attacker, but he will get penalties for defense.
    Moreover, the idea is to support the development of these traits/ancs exploiting the abilities of your hero.
    When he finds new articles and materials, he will be able to craft new things in a settlement. Once done, he can pass the new crafted components to a character. Getting such things, the character in question will be likely to receive a set of additional items which are focused on the "nature" of the article he acquired from the hero.

These mechanics, therefore, simulate the "rpg characterization" of the main hero in Gothic/Arcania series.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Try posting bigger images, I can see very little in this, but overall it's a good job.

Ahaha, you wanna see how it looks like, eh?
    For that there are always the download links in the main thread... xD

Just kidding, I'll put other images as long as I proceed with new previews.
    Thanks for the advice!

Guys!

ok in this new preview (7 pics) we have the new retextures for the generals/captains/BG units of Myrtana/Thorniara, Nordmar and Raven's Old Camp.

Plus, you'll see a pic with covered text. It is the latest anti-money script we implemented. Essentially, it will make sure that during the campaign the human player will never generate big amounts of money, even when the faction becomes stronger. It's based on a random generator, so the event each time will tell you the sum of money that has been lost while the profits were destined to the leader's treasury.

It may result to be a bit drastic for someone, but we believe it will give you a nice challenge throughout your campaign.
    So, next I'll show the last remaining models for the BG/cap/gen (they're already ready)...

The GothicTW Team

Guys,

just quickly to show the new models that will be used to create differentiation between several units of Silverlake and Setarrif, so that each faction will have its own roster. Basically, here we go a bit off-lore as in Arcania they are "twins" and have the same warriors, but more differentiation is always a good thing (here almost finished, apart from the cards).

So, the gen/cap skins will come next.
    The GothicTW Team

Guys!

New preview uploaded on the official ModDB page:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/gothic-tw-...les-of-myrtana

Not gonna preview here as there are many pics and takes time to upload here on TWC. You can see pics and description by clicking on the link.

The GothicTW Team

Guys!

New preview uploaded on the official ModDB page:

Again, not gonna preview here as there are many pics and takes time to upload here on TWC. You can see pics and description by clicking on the link.

The GothicTW Team

Guys!

Well, that was not expected, but actually we managed to finish everything before the expected time.

So, here in these ex. pics we have the new roster for Thorniara (and they get the support of the Myrtanian rebels too, of course) and a pic where you can see some examples of the new skins for the characters.

It's impossible to upload all of them, as we retextured tons of characters (kings, heirs, gens, agents, ships, etc.)
    As well, we retextured many other units for the battle maps, but again it's impossible to preview them all.

Instead, it's time to proceed with the new 2.5 release.
    Finally, this version is to considered final for the time being. Basically, we run out of ideas by pouring everything we wanted from the Gothic series and Arcania (plus some little inspiration from other series too, like Dragon Age and Dark Souls).

Of course, we don't want to terminate the project here as it would be too sad.
    Hence, for the future (and here we need to talk about the long-term period) we're gonna keep the special campaign Valley of mines and further customization for battle map settlements.

For the rest, frankly speaking guys, together with the new version you'll find all the ideas and features we wanted from the original games.
    Regarding the download links, again I'll put four sources: Google Drive, Mega, Depositfiles and Mediafire.
    I'll do that as soon as I find time, meaning by tomorrow you should have the new 2.5 article with the downloads.

Last but not least, we're always happy to hear from you. So, if there are, I don't know, other ideas that you have for the mod and comments you want to make, please refer to the TWC page here (to keep order):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...CUSSION-THREAD

here on TWC, of course, now I'll cease activity, but I'll continue to monitor the pages and answer to you.

The GothicTW Team

Hi again guys,

I take the occasion to invite you seeing some previews about the future content.
    As always, here the TWC page is just for support activity, please refer to the official ModDB page with regularity to see everything about GothicTW.

The GothicTW Team

Same preview as on ModDB...

################################
    Hi again guys,
    time to refresh again the page with some new content.
    As in the preview title, you can see the concept used for the ui cards of the circles of magicians (from I to V circle), an example of the new retexture for these units and, finally, a screen taken from the .txt files to show you some innovative character traits that we're inventing for the mod (based on rpg ideas/simulation)...
    See you!
    #################################

Great work on the textures! I have no Idea what the wall of text is but im sure it will help making the adventurer worth something gameplay wise

Ah, gosh, I didn't notice the comment. Thanks man, and other textures will follow as well (already in my store), the concept and inspiration for those will be close to this one.

And the text wall, ahah, it's about innovative traits that we ideated for the mod (ready as well). They will strengthen the rpg footprint of the mod even more, you'll see

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Default Re: [OLD] PREVIEW THREAD: Retexturing and Customization

A little gift from me to the mod, this is a pointed heater shield, the textures are not mine, though I did touch them a bit.
    I made the mesh though.
    I assume they will be included in the next update.

This is a milkshape preview:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ms-screenie.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	106.2 KB 
ID:	347144

The milkshape file includes one flat and one curved piece.

Default Re: [OLD] PREVIEW THREAD: Retexturing and Customization

Thanks a lot Pal, you works are always superb!!

Yes, I'll keep the new models for the future