Thread: Few questions regarding Attila´s campaign map and its moddability

LordKainES's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Few questions regarding Attila´s campaign map and its moddability

I´ve been digging into Attila´s campaign map and I found some details I don´t like...

1-No walled Jerusalem... are you able to solve that? could you change it? I think for the republican period, Jerusalem should be the capital of Palestina.

2- Greece is quite empty, specially south... it is possible to add new regions??? I miss Athens...

3- And the last one, Sicily... would be nice to have at least 2 cities in the island with Syracusa as the capital... and of course being Sicily a province itself (Sure this one its completely impossible hehe).

You know in Shogun 2 it is possible to add new regions... but in Rome 2/Attila I´m not quite sure... since the system has changed.

Thank you in advance!!!

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Few questions regarding Attila´s campaign map and its moddability

You can't edit map in last few TW games.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

We can't edit those things, hence why we changed the time line to where Sicily, Greece and illyria weren't as important anymore
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

I imagined... so making Jerusalem walled city at least, impossible right?

Quote Originally Posted by LordKainES View Post
    I imagined... so making Jerusalem walled city at least, impossible right?
    I believe we can, and are, looking into doing this.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Maps-Released
    Vespasian's own: Up the Augusta! For Cato!

AE: Battle Balancing and BAI.

Quote Originally Posted by Petellius View Post
    I believe we can, and are, looking into doing this.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Maps-Released
    Hope that... being not moddable the Province system, at least, that you could change which city has walls...

Thanks Petellius!

SenseiJT92's Avatar Decanus

Should have used the IA map from Rome 2... it's portable, and has more provinces than the Attila map (I counted).
    Previously taylorj2, Allu X, Grandmaster Ryu, Dauntless Commandant & Sensei Kiisu

Creator of the "Perfectly Polished" sub-mod for Stainless Steel (M2:TW), contributing to LOTR:TW (R:TW) and many other modifications over time, now long-forgotten

Original join date, Feb 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by SenseiTJ2 View Post
    Should have used the IA map from Rome 2... it's portable, and has more provinces than the Attila map (I counted).
    You say that it's portable. Is it? Can you please show us how to port it?
    modificateurs sans frontičres

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Quote Originally Posted by Causeless View Post
    You say that it's portable. Is it? Can you please show us how to port it?
    I hope he's right, the rome map certainly had a fair bit more to it.

Having Rome's provinces would indeed make more sense in this time period.

Pretty sure the guy has no clue and is just speaking garbage. He's ignored me here and ignored my PMs on the matter of porting the map.
    modificateurs sans frontičres

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Porting maps would be a time consuming and risky proposition for a mod that already bit off quite a bit and has struggled to release. It's always something I wanted to explore down the road if I ever have the time, but it wasn't a smart idea in my view when starting the Attila project.

In terms of adding walls - it is possible. We can do custom battle maps. We *should* be able to get siege options and such displayed and into the right battle map in campaign. And Mitch already removed walls from the campaign map in Rome II. The last part is a sticking point as it's not an easy process and involves manually editing the startpos after decompiling it. Then guess work.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by ABH2 View Post
    And Mitch already removed walls from the campaign map in Rome II. The last part is a sticking point as it's not an easy process and involves manually editing the startpos after decompiling it. Then guess work.
    What do you mean by this?

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...tpos-esf-Files

With this, you can decompile a startpos file and recompile it. It gives you quite a bit more flexibility than simple esf editors or the AK. Mitch manually edited the wall information for Sparta after CA released WOS on Rome II removing its walls.

UMCenturion's Avatar Ducenarius

I have confirmed, with a custom map of Jerusalem, it is walled and the campaign map treats it as a walled city. No need to worry on that.

FYI - all of our cities will be walled, minor and major, at least to start off. Future releases of the mod will have the integrated feature to transition cities from not walled to walled and vice versa, but the first step is getting cities in place that are true to the era, but not necessarily the time-frame of the how far along a city is in the construction que, if that makes sense.

Mod Lead - UI/2D Art - Custom Map Editing

That's fantastic News, can't wait to view the settlements! When will you show pictures?