Thread: any known issues with Windows 10 15063 / 1703 Creators Update, Warhammer and Realtek HD Sound?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default any known issues with Windows 10 15063 / 1703 Creators Update, Warhammer and Realtek HD Sound?

Hi guys,
    I have inspected a computer yesterday, that I have custom built for a TWC fellow and he expierences a very strange issue that affects only Warhammer*, but no previous Total War. SEGA Support is working on this case since weeks but to be honest not really helpful investigating the matter, just giving the usual first level advices, which did not help so far

I have checked everything and I can reproduce the issue on his computer but while having a quite similar PC my own (Intel chipset differs), the situation is not reproducible on my computer

Problem:

user expierences no ingame sound at all or just some sounds (ambience) AFTER starting any battle.
    Before starting a battle sound is fine in the main menu and loading screen.
    does only affect Warhammer*

What we have already tried:
    no mods involved or subscribed
    Steam game cache verified
    uninstalled sound driver, reinstalled it, but it is different to mine (he has a original Realtek Windows 10 15063 driver, I have the Realtek driver (6.0.1.7910)
    Quite unlikely, his Realtek driver cannot be changed (rollback, updated), we have tried both the one from Asus Support and Realtek itself.
    we tried to alter playback rate (Hz, bitdepht) but no help
    disabled all other playback / sound devices did not help (we tried his screen output or headset)
    both are set to stereo in the driver and headset / screen so there is no loss possible because of that

A rare situation but I am on my wits' end here.

*I cannot get this is only limited to Warhammer as I suspect they use the same framework for sound playback at least since Rome 2.
    Last edited by alQamar; May 04, 2017 at 04:15 PM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: any known issues with Windows 10 15063 / 1703 Creators Update, Warhammer and Realtek HD Sound?

ofc
    we also have renamed the folder in %appdata%\the creative assembly\warhammer
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.