Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] Strong Arms and Swift Steel II (ENDED!)

Default [HS] Strong Arms and Swift Steel II (ENDED!)

Strong Arms and Swift Steel II

Using the Middlebloods Submod
    Created by Westeros Gaming Staff

Kingdom of the Iron Throne
    BerryKnight

Kingdom of the South
    Admin Subbed

Kingdom of the North
    cowcow

Kingdom of the Narrow Sea

Admin Faction
    Belthasar Bolton

This hotseat is a free for all set in the Middlebloods mod. I invite any and all challengers to test their metal in this
    glorious arena of combat. You will be pitted against your adversaries with nothing but your own skill to carry you to victory. Take command of your kingdom and stake your claim upon the histories of man. Seize renown for yourself and the sigil plastered upon the shields and standards of your armies!
    Please post with your preferred faction and we will begin as soon as the hotseat fills up.

Admin Faction

This faction will be used to create mini events.
    For example;
    Faith uprising
    Blacksmith Guild uprising
    Ironborn Raids
    Brotherhood without Banners
    White Walkers
    Iron Bank debt collectors
    Ramsay Bolton revolt

Each Admin faction force will hold ancillaries which can be taken upon defeat.
    For example;
    Chests of Gold
    Lost Valyrian Swords
    Special armor

Sellswords
    Players may now attempt to hire mercenary bands.
    Any player can message the admin via pm and request to hire these mercenaries at roughly twice their regular recruitment cost. The mercs can be spawned anywhere within home regions. However, once the units are spawned in they're prohibited from moving or participating in battles for one turn. (This includes serving as reinforcements)
    If this rule is broken the recruitment cost is forfeited the men will be disbanded and the player will be barred from recruiting mercenaries again. Only one group can be recruited every three turns. Lastly, each group can only be recruited twice per player. The composition of these groups is as followed:

Small Sellsword Band: 4,000 Gold
    1 Armoured Spearmen
    2 Levy Spearmen

Medium Sellsword Band: 8,500 Gold
    1 Armoured Swordsman
    2 Amoured Spearmen
    2 Levy Spearmen

Large Sellsword Band: 11,000 Gold

1 Armoured Swordsman
    2 Armoured Spearmen
    4 Levy Spearmen

The Iron Bank of Braavos
    The Iron Bank will now be open for business.
    The Bank will be run via the Admin Faction, all players can send diplomats & messages requesting loans at their discretion. The details of the loans can be sorted out via messages sent to the admin.
    Warning - Unpayed debts will result in the Bank finding its due one way or the other.

Finances
    Each faction will be held responsible for keeping it's finances under control. If any faction goes bankrupt, the following fines will be issued.
    -2000 = Minor Troop Desertion
    -4000 = Small Stacks of Deserters Begin Pillaging Home Territories
    -6000 = Major Troop Desertion
    -8000 = The Loss of General Loyalty Traits
    -12000 = Faction Destruction

Captured Generals / Agents
    A general can be captured if you have him trapped in a fort/castle you are besieging or could have killed him in battle.
    Princesses can be captured if they are just standing in other player controlled lands where troops could get to them.
    Any captured general/princess can have a ransom negotiated, and the captor may decide to kill them if they wish.

Trial by Combat

Captured Generals can request Trial by Combat, in which the admin will use a random list generator depending on the capability of both generals chosen to represent each faction within the trial. Players will be rewarded for winning trials by combat. For example, if a general loses his trial he may instead be offered service in his captors army instead of death. The probability of his acceptance will be determined via loyalty and standing in the faction. For example, a family member will be less likely than a bannerman to accept.

For Example;
    Two formidable warriors in a trial by combat
    Barristan Selmy wins
    Jaime Lannister wins
    Barristan Selmy wins
    Jaime Lannister wins
    Barristan Selmy wins
    Jaime Lannister wins

One poor warrior vs formidable warrior
    Mace Tyrell wins
    Robert Baratheon wins
    Robert Baratheon wins
    Robert Baratheon wins
    Robert Baratheon wins
    Robert Baratheon wins

Objectives
    Kingdom of the North
    Take and hold Kings Landing or Casterly Rock for 5 consecutive turns = Ice
    Has ownership of the swords Oathkeeper and Widows Wail = Reforged Ice
    Win 7 consecutive battles against Andals forces = Hammer of Justice

Kingdom of the Iron Throne
    Take and hold Riverrun, Highgarden or Dragonstone for 5 consecutive turns = Brightroar
    Take and hold Highgarden or Oldtown for 5 consecutive turns = Dawn

Kingdom of the South
    Achieve 7 Star command with a Hightower General = Vigilance
    Take and hold King's Landing for 5 consecutive turns = Lamentation

Kingdom of the Narrow Sea
    Take and hold Harrenhall for 5 consecutive turns = Rhaegar's Armor
    Take and hold Storms End for 5 consecutive turns = Robert's Warhammer
    Take and hold King's Landing for 5 consecutive turns = Lord Commander of the King's Guard

Neutral Objectives
    Repay Robert Baratheon's debt (20,000 Gold) = Receive a lost Valyrian blade...
    Kill 'the Mountain' Gregor Clegane = Oberyn Martell will offer you his assistance in gratitude. (All factions expect Lannister).
    Send a general to Valyria for 8 turns = Possibility of returning with a dragon or Valyrian gear
    Defeat multiple raiding attempts by the Ironborn = Redrain

Rules
    1. 3 forts per region
    2. 9 forts max per faction
    3. 5 units per fort and each infantry/archer unit must have 50 men and calvary units must have 30 men
    4. No excessive replays to insure victories
    5. No watchtowers
    6. No one turn peace, unless the player has not yet played. (No attacking / entering / forting in enemy territory unless they have already played)
    7. No Princess Stealing
    8. No Building Destruction. (Septs and Blacksmiths may be destroyed, but beware faith or blacksmith guild uprising!)
    9. No diplomat / agent stomping. Contact the Admin to capture agents.
    10. PM/VM the next player that it is their turn. You have 24 hours to play each turn before you are skipped.
    11. No bug abuse! When you think someone has used a bug report it here and the admin will look into it. If in doubt, just ask us. No sailing from a blockaded port without defeating the blockading ships, it is illegal to burn down ports in order to get around this rule.
    Armies must not end a turn be hidden in ships inside of ports. This is because that army would be unreachable.
    No sallying forth in a siege if the outcome is a defeat. This counts towards all sieges including forts.
    12. Heroic victories are 100% banned and illegal. If you get a heroic victory repeatedly, contact an Admin and we may allow it.
    13. Post pictures of battle odds, involved armies, their banners and the results. It is advised to hide everything else, especially the mini map and your finances. (Pictures must be 100% of what is required, no exceptions)
    14. No gifting regions. In addition diplomacy of any kind is strictly forbidden. You're all enemies and there is no cooperation allowed.
    15. No sacking home regions. If you lose a home region and then reclaim it you're barred from sacking or annihilating the population.
    16. Armies defeated by a player (b) that comes after the original player (a)'s turn cannot move next turn, so if Tyrell defeats a Lannister army that army cannot move next turn. - Exception: Reinforcing armies standing in defenses, even if defeated, don't lose movement points. So player 'a' is allowed to move the army that reinforced another while in a fort even if defeated by 'b'. Addendum to the same rule: no sallying out of a fort\castle which has forces which were defeated last turn. This is to make it fair for those who come last at the turn order, because they will not be able to do this.
    17. Armies and agents bribed which have used their movement points that turn may not move any further for the duration of that turn.
    18. This is a free for all so no alliances or NAPs are allowed. Also, any player(s) found guilty of collaborating will be booted from the hotseat.
    19. Due to some potentially sketchy naval AR in this submod naval battles will be required to be 1:1 in odds or better for the
    player initiating the battle. This way we can avoid issues that may potentially arise.
    20. The admin retains the right to make decisions on anything not explicitly covered by these rules.

Last edited by Belthasar Bolton; October 25, 2017 at 08:31 PM. Reason: OP Update

Default Re: [HS] Strong Arms and Swift Steel II

I may make some alterations to the objectives and some of the rules before we begin.

Ghjacobsen's Avatar Ducenarius

Kingdom of the North please

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Tho im not a big fan of ffa hotseats i'll join to help you with the spots put me where you want

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    Tho im not a big fan of ffa hotseats i'll join to help you with the spots put me where you want
    Thanks It seems most people aren't fans of ffa hotseats unless a medal or rep is the reward.

You might want to try actively inviting people rather than waiting on them to come to you Bolton.

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

said I would try to step a bit away from hotseating
    but i'll take stannis

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    You might want to try actively inviting people rather than waiting on them to come to you Bolton.
    I invited at least 8 different people but everyone said no.

Alright we have our four players. I'm going to give everyone until tomorrow to read over the rules and propose changes. After that I will post the starting save and we can begin.
    Last edited by Belthasar Bolton; May 06, 2017 at 06:25 PM.

Could we make it three forts per region? I don't feel like 2 gives much of a strategical advantage

I dont really like the fact that at -2k troops begin to desert.I think we should keep Paras rules for a Dream of Spring:
    -4000 = Troop Desertion

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    I dont really like the fact that at -2k troops begin to desert.I think we should keep Paras rules for a Dream of Spring:
    -4000 = Troop Desertion
    I think it's fine as it is

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Two forts per region is what I suggest keeping. Having three makes certain regions impassable. The finance rules don't really matter. If you're going into debt with this sub mod, you're playing badly

Unfortunately, I had to delete my version of the mod with the changes made to it after some issues arose. So I've made the decision to revert back to the base version of Middlebloods to play this hotseat. I'm going to save the addition of Gerion Lannister for a later hotseat when I can make additional changes to the mod.

I apologize that we haven't started sooner, but I've been busy this week and I'm using what little free time I have today to catch up on everything.

Stark up!: https://www.mediafire.com/?9man9xrt99dc9uz

Please remember that the destruction of buildings other than blacksmiths and churches is prohibited. I'd rather not make people replay Turn 1 for breaking this rule.
    Last edited by Belthasar Bolton; May 12, 2017 at 09:33 AM.

Bolton. Something I learnt a very long time ago, upload your 'edited' files as 1 Data folder for people to download and never expect them to put files in the right places by themselves; somebody always screws up.

BerryKnight's Avatar Kings Guard Commander

Lord Paramount Tywin Lannister looked upon the great shipyard of Lannisport with wonder. Hundreds of merchants and sailors clustering around to barter goods, and trade their wares. The smell of salt, and the gentle ocean breeze struck a cord within the lion that had not occurred before. He yearned for adventure, as his youngest brother Gerion had several years prior. Its my turn.
    Within the hour Twin had commissioned a crew to board his flagship The Lioness, named in honor of his wife. Across the sea Tywin saw adventure, and glory, and an eyrie glow. A smoldering red on the horizon perhaps? Perhaps it was just a dream, but either way, Tywin would sail towards this glow. A blessing from the Seven. They support me even now. With a minor smile, Tywin gazed upon the horizon as the sun rose.
    Tywin's brother Kevan Lannister watched The Lioness departed beyond view. Prior to departure, Tywin had clasped him on the shoulder, and confessed that he would be leaving on an adventure. He needed Kevan to guard the homestead, and keep Joffrey in line. Kevan questioned if the worst should happen while Tywin was away, and the proud lion merely spoke of having faith in him despite what would soon transpire.

Renly up ~ http://www.mediafire.com/file/tuhclk...II_Renly_1.sav

Last edited by Captainnorway; May 17, 2017 at 11:03 AM.

Stark: https://www.mediafire.com/?hatthx29c685dcn

King Robb has seen fit to remove Jaime Lannister of his head. Lord Tywin Lannister departed on his voyage for Essos before hearing of his eldest son's execution, but retaliation will surely come soon for the Starks. Will the decision to execute Lord Jaime cost King Robb his sister's head?

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast