Thread: Installation with Europa Perdita

elementall's Avatar Libertus

Default Installation with Europa Perdita

Hello, I'm about to install FoE and Europa Perdita, what is the correct way to position the mods?

Thanks!

Default Re: Installation with Europa Perdita

They should already be named in the correct order, FotE coming before EP.

elementall's Avatar Libertus

Great, thanks!

Hail to the Dev. team and everyone! Congrats for your history enthusiasm and efforts!
    I am planning to try the mod of FoE for an Eastern Roman campaign...(because the vanilla is disappointing aesthetically at least!).

-I am concerned with some discussions stating of [FoE + EP] campaign becoming relatively easy for the Roman Empires....is this true?
    -Is this true for both mods together...or they separably also have this "bug" altogether!?
    -The vanilla campaign in Hard is quite a challenge indeed for the Romans (East + West)....what about these mods ?-
    -Where do the paths of EP and FoE separate? And where do one adds to the other?

EP is mainly focused on campaign and FotE on battles/units.

I have not heard of Romans being easy, for the most part with unit costs the mod should be harder in general.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

This is super late, but so far my East Rome playthrough has been anything but a cakewalk. Yes, you get really powerful settlements and armies, but building your army to the point where you can have more than 1/2 a stack of powerful Palatina units takes a lot of investment, and expansion isn't easy with just limitanei. Also, EP's unique stats for the Romans mean it's stupidly easy to get rebellious generals. I got into a war with the Sassanids and just as I got the advantage, a huge mutiny of my generals occurred. Had to make a separate peace and spend a few years on damage control. So in short... no, it's not too easy. I will say that the Western Roman Empire holds for much longer than it used to, but slowly they get gobbled up by barbarians. Much more satisfying to watch.