Default Ninja's Shogun 2 overhaul mod!

Ninja's Shogun 2 overhaul mod 0.92 Beta

0.92 Launch notes - 02 May 2017

Installing

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=917009734

Sengoku_base_beta_0.91.pack

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...zQyYkI5WElKVkk

Sengoku_patch.pack (IMPORTANT!)

This mod have 2 pack file in it, one is normal mod I can upload to this workshop, and one is patch-type mod that I cannot.
    I made changes regarding balance issue and some data is hardcoded, and it must be patch-type pack file.

You can put this patch typed .pack file in data folder, but it won't show up in mod manager. It is NORMAL AND HARMLESS.
    Delete it manually if you wish to uninstall this mod.

Used data from Ambition mod under permission of author, Hayabusa Sushi.

Thanks to

uanime5 -
    endured and answered my many annoying noob questions, and for many advice and lesson!
    DCinside medieval game gallery, total war gallery

Buildings

- Removed food consumption from markets, replaced with public order penalty.
    Greatly increased income and town growth from markets.

- Increased income from farms.

- Farm value is modified. Reference is 'Taiko Kenchi(Toyotomi Hideyoshi's land investigation)'.
    Kyushu has lower value, and regions of middle Japan has higher value. Taking regions around Kyoto will bring greater income.

- Castle : tier 3,4,5 castles have increased food consumption with more samurai garrisons.

- Dojo : tier 2,3,4 dojos have 1% / 3% / 10% military research speed bonus.
    Every tier 2 Encampment buildings have 2% military research speed bonus.

- Market : tier 2,3,4 markets have 1% / 3% / 10% civil research speed bonus.

- Nanban : Nanban port(tier 3) has 3% all research speed bonus and 500 income.
    Nanban quarter(tier 4, christian building) has 15% all research speed bonus and 1500 income.

- All tier 4 buildings(except stable chain) now do not require any resources.

- Nanban contact event will occur earlier in following regions : Owari, Settsu, Kawachi

- Converting to / Renouncing Christian faith do not lower Daimyo honour.

Faction Rework

Tokugawa
    'Mikawa's Pride'

* Unbroken (+1 morale to all units)
    * Mikawa Bushi (+2 melee defence to all land units)
    * Kisho ninja / metsuke bonus are same('Kisho ninja' unit name changed into 'Iga ninja')

Oda
    'Tenka Fubu'

* Ashigaru bonus is removed from the game
    * +5% to income from farms, +5 to town growth
    * -5% to cost and upkeep of all units
    * (Hidden bonus) Oda have unique tier 4 market : Rakuichi-Rakuza

- Oda Nobuhide(faction leader) : replaced Impolite(-20 to diplomatic relations) trait with Bloodthirsty(-1 to enemy morale)

Chosokabe
    'Merciless Ruler'

* Extortion (+10% to tax rate)
    * Bow bonus is same

Date
    'Patron of Culture'

* Patron (+15% to all research speed)
    * Charge bonus, Nodachi bonus are same

Hojo
    'Defender of Kanto'

* Lord Ujitsuna's will (+1 to public order)
    * Siege unit, castle cost bonus are same

Uesugi
    'Dragon of Echigo'

* Warrior monk bonus is removed.
    * Uesugi now have superior Yari units.
    * Kanto Kanrei (+15% to campaign movement point)
    * Avatar of Bishamonten (+2 to melee attack for land units)
    * Trusted Daimyo (+20 to diplomatic relations)

Note : Uesugi Kenshin was faithful man, but he never actually deployed warrior monks on the battlefield.
    In history, he was actually harassed by Ikko Ikki warrior monks, causing troubles from Etchu and allied with his rival, Takeda Shingen.

Mori
    'Master of scheme'

* Master of scheme (+5% to ninja action success chance)
    * Ship bonus is same
    * +15% to trade income

Takeda
    'Dreaded warlord'

* Dread (-1 to enemy morale)
    * Unreliable Daimyo (-20 to diplomatic relations)
    * Cavarly bonus is same

- Takeda Shingen's Bloodthirsty(-1 to enemy morale) trait is replaced with Cruel(+1 to public order)

Otomo, Shimazu, Ikko ikki faction trait were not changed.

DLC units

* Tokugawa Mounted gunner is now Date unit.
    * Date Bulletproof samurai is now Tokugawa unit.
    * Takeda fire cavalry : unit name changed into 'Red Battalion'. They have limited unit number in campaign, and had their stats changed.

Note : Akazonae(赤備え) is their name in Japanese. 'Aka' means red, and 'Sonae' is a name of military unit(like 'battalion' or 'company' in modern era) in Sengoku Jidai.
    They were dreaded special unit with red armour, and this does NOTHING with fire. They did 'attack like fire' though.

Units rework

Overall

* All units have slightly faster charging speed, and charge distances are slightly increased.
    * Banzai : increased speed bonus.
    * Whistling arrow, Warcry : removed from most early / mid-game units. Added to most hero units.
    * Rapid advance : Doubled speed bonus. Charge bonus is slightly increased. (They had this. value was '1' tho!)

Ninja

* Kisho ninja is now 'Koga ninja', and Tokugawa / Hattori kisho ninja is now 'Iga ninja'.
    * Kisho training is now 'Nobushi Training'.

* Removed fire bomb from normal ninja.
    * Ninja is now swift and deadly stealth unit, with great charge speed and running speed, weak armour and melee defence.
    * Ninja can move in stealth with same speed as walking.

* Hattori Iga ninja : more deadly charge bonus, but weak in prolonged melee.
    * Tokugawa Iga ninja : not as deadly as other ninja when charging, but capable of prolonged melee.

* Only 2 ninja units are recruitable in campaign.

Note : There is no such word like 'KISHO' in Japanese. (Probably meant 'Kishu', which is another name for Kii province.) Who the hell made this fake word and forced it?

Monk remake

* All Warrior Monks now have lowered attack skill with even higher morale and faster overall moving/charging speed.

* Naginata Warrior Monks : replaced Warcry skill with Banzai. Have high charge bonus.
    Now, their melee skill is slightly weaker than samurai.

* Bow Warrior monks : removed whistling arrow skill. Reduced range.

* Matchlock Warrior monks : cheaper and coming earlier, they are very effective gunpowder unit. See Ikko Ikki

* All factions except Ikko ikki needs 'scholar' art in civil tech to recruit warrior monks, and have limited recruitable unit number.

* Warrior monks are now recruitable in tier 1 temple, and no other building is required.

* AI factions won't recruit warrior monks except ikko ikki.

Note : No clan except Ikki deployed Warrior monks in battle. They were mostly tenacious, nightmarish guerilla rebels for feudal Daimyos.
    I didn't like the concept of warrior monks as strongest infantry units at all. Now, Ikko ikki will be only faction with warrior monks as backbone of their military.
    I'm trying some concepts, but most likely, I will make them as tenacious, resilient meat shield with average attack/defence skill and weak armour.

Except Matchlock monks. I'll explain it in matchlock / Ikko rework.

Remember that I'm not trying to remove them from the game: I'm thinking about how can I make them as more tenacious and annoying foe, as they were in history.

Matchlock remake

* All matchlock units now have greatly increased range and accuracy, same as bow.

* Matchlock unit costs / upkeeps are greatly increased.

Note : I always felt matchlock is seriously underpowered. They are great in siege battles, but siege of S2 is broken anyway.
    Now they have proper value. You will want to do anything to secure and produce them, like daimyos did in history.
    (this struggle for matchlock is also depicted in many Taiga Dramas, check it out!)

According to book regarding weaponry and martial arts, written by 'Kamiizumi Nobutsuna' the legendary blademaster and samurai, bow and matchlock had almost same effective range.

* All faction can recruit Imported Matchlock Ashigaru in trading ports.
    'Strategy of defense' art is needed, and they take longer and more expensive in cost/upkeep. Can only recruit 3 units of them.

* Stronger matchlock units have slightly longer range and some skills like vanilla, but now they have limited melee capability.
    Ashigaru will rout if melee begins, but Samurai will stand and fight.

* Matchlock warrior monks : Only Ikko-ikki can recruit them.
    Same as Imported Matchlock Ashigaru, they can be recruited in early game(tier 1 Ikko temple, 'strategy of defense' art)
    Their stats are almost same, but they are cheap and create time is shorter.

Note : Monks of Negoro-dera(temple) were first to adapt and produce matchlock in mainland Japan.
    I couldn't give Ikko ikki 'attack by fire' from the start, can I?
    Ikko ikki now have early gunpowder unit, which is great early game advantage. But they can't recruit late gunpowder unit.

Balance issues

* Yari Ashigaru : vs cavalry bonus is halved. Charge bonus is slightly increased.

Note : Yari Ashigaru was very basic infantry unit, but it was pike unit and I felt it's wrong.
    Now, they are effective meat shield. I'm considering buff of their melee capability.

* (removed) Naginata Samurai : Replaced their weapon with Jumonji-Yari, and renamed to Jumonji-yari Samurai.

Note : There were two problems : Naginata is mainly weapon for women defenders of castle, or warrior monks.
    Also, Naginata Samurai was too overpowered and omnipotent.

* (New unit) Jumonji-Yari Samurai : Slow heavy infantry with average melee skill and high armour/defence skill/crazy high anti-cavalry capability.
    tl;dr: became Heavy anti-cav tank (from heavy omnipotent inf)

* Nodachi Samurai : With higher melee defence skill and buffed Banzai ability.

* Yari Samurai : Slightly increased armour, melee defence, melee attack and greatly increased charge bonus. With greatly buffed rapid advance ability.
    Still losing Katana samurai(even with successful charge), but now they are backbone of infantry army and most reliable anti-cav infantry.

* (New unit) Fudai Samurai : Filling empty 3 tier dojos, which providing no new unit but only higher exp.
    Recruitable in 3 tier Katana/Yari/Bow Dojo.

They can inspire near friendly units, have some abilities and higher stats, but with limited men and can only recruit 3 each.

* Ronin : Cheaper cost with higher upkeep. Yari Ronin now has rapid advance.
    Now Ronin units have far better stats than original samurai units, but they have lower morale and rout easily.
    Treat them with care, so they can deal maximum damage.

* Equipments : Adjusted accordingly, considering social status of units.
    For example, Yari Ashigaru doesn't carry overly fancy Jumonji-Yari(Cross-shaped spear), or change their weapon in close combat.
    Ashigaru units don't carry Katanas anymore. (Wakizashi short swords, maybe?)

* Agents and generals get 3 skill points in every level, and get 4 skill points when they reach final level.

Ikko rework

From great nerf of Naginata monks, Ikko Ikki became weakest faction. Wanted to help it.

Buildings

* Ikko temples have some incomes, little more than Stealth chain.
    and their research bonus now applies to ALL arts.

Note : they are 'mandatory'! makes Ikko very weak in economy. must change.

* Ikko Yari Ashigaru, Loan Katana Ashigaru have cheaper cost/upkeep.

* Ikko units now have more uncanny high morale, while Ronin units have lower morale.

Note : Not important, but considering removing Sashimono flags from ikko ashigaru and monks, to make them look more like rebels.
    Probably will be applied in 0.93.

--- I know Hojo can't recruit Koga ninja now. will fix it in 0.93.
    Last edited by Torment1234; May 02, 2017 at 07:49 AM.

Default Re: Ninja's Shogun 2 overhaul mod!

What does "Fudai" mean? I've seen it in a couple of mods now, but I have no idea what it means.

Fudai(譜代). Maybe you can find it in dictionaries.

As you know, Samurai in Sengoku jidai were not necessarily 'regulars' of the clan.
    They often changed the clan to serve if they see problem in leadership, or sometimes, even planned overthrowing liege lord.(Saito Dosan, Ukita Naoie, Matsunaga Hisahide)
    They used stuff like Kanjo(certificate of military merit) from former masters to find a job in other clan.
    (If you interested, early episodes from Taiga Drama <Furinkazan> is about old, crippled Samurai having hard time in finding a job)

But Fudai were 'regulars' who served certain clan for generations.
    They usually had higher rank in clan's business and allowed to have more land, men and privilege, or participate in clan meeting. (or sometimes, treachery)
    Some Fudai Samurai even refused to be awarded with Kanjo because it was needed in reemployment activities.
    (New members from other provinces were called 'Tozama外様')

FYI :
    Let's see 'Three heroes of Sengoku Jidai' and their Fudai.
    Oda Nobunaga : Shibata, Sakuma, Hayashi...but as his clan expanded very rapidly, he treated his Fudai clans very poorly and even kicked out few.
    He was killed by Akechi Mitsuhide, a new member to the clan, and many historians think Mitsuhide killed Nobunaga because he felt his position is threatened for these incidents.

Toyotomi Hideyoshi : Was legendary self-made peasant. Of course, he had no Fudai clans to support his regime and it was his biggest weakness.
    He improvised some Fudai clans('Seven Spears of Shizugatake') to serve his clan, but was not very effective.

Tokugawa Ieyasu : Known to have many faithful Fudai clans like Sakai, Honda or Torii.
    These 'Hatamoto clans from Mikawa era' later became backbone of Tokugawa shogunate.

tldr : underlined.

0.93 PATCH NOTES (IMPORTANT!)

3 MAY 2017

Updated - Expanded Japan mod : Ninja version

I had to combine two mods because there were some keys they share, and they were very important.
    Now compatible with my overhaul mod. I told author I'm gonna make few changes and upload it with credit, but if he says no, I have to remove it from the Steam Workshop.

Players don't want Expanded Japan mod - Do nothing but keep subscribe this mod. Updated without EJ
    Players WHO WANT Expanded Japan mod - SUBSCRIBE COMBINED MOD.

Combined mod takes longer to load, and it's normal.

!!! AND DO NOT FORGET DOWNLOADING UPDATED PATCH MOD FILE !!!

Mod file

- Hojo now can recruit Koga ninjas properly.
    - Increased Yari Ashigaru's melee attack by 1, for their vs Cav bonus is halved.
    - Ikko monks now have 18 movement points.
    Note : For some reason, only Ikko monks had 10 movement points, when missionaries and monks had 15.
    Ikko monks were known agitator of Ikki revolt, so I buffed their movement point even higher than other religious agents.

- Changed following general trait effect : Bloodthirsty(now with charging bonus) Impolite(with increased general's influence radius)
    Note : For compatibility issue. I couldn't make change in startpos.esf. SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS DAMN FILE!

- Takeda Fire Cavalry : Unit name changed into "Red Battalion" (didn't applied into game properly)
    Limited to 2, they became stronger hero-like unit.

- Annoying traits : Now Womanizer and Noodle trait will INCREASE movement point for 3%. WE HAD ENOUGH.

* AI update

- AI will recognize how deadly matchlock is.
    - AI will recruit more matchlock in late game.
    - AI oda will try recruiting matchlock, even in early game.
    - AI will NOT recruit warrior monks except Ikko Ikki, now putting even more value in them.

Patch file

- Slightly increased Ikko temple's income in early tiers.

- Historical Arts : Changed tooltips and name for few arts in more sengoku-like way. Thanks to Japanese High School textbook.
    (I hated TODOFUKEN, which is MODERN administrative system after goddamned BOSHIN WAR!)
    Effects are the same.

Sobujirei : Edict by Hideyoshi, ordering all Daimyo to stop civil war immediately. He attacked any clan made war on their own after this edict(Shimazu, Hojo), effectively ending Sengoku Jidai.
    Yasen : War tax imposed by Nobunaga to Sakai merchants for his war effort.
    Erizeni : Currency with flaws. or, "Bad money." Ashikaga Shoguns and Daimyos banned it.
    Kenbu Shikimoku : Law declared by Ashikaga Takauji, the founder of Ashikaga(Muromachi) Shogunate.
    Bunkoku Law(Bunkoku-ho) : Laws made by feudal clans in Sengoku Jidai after Ashikaga clan's authority is gone. Takeda or Imagawa is known to have well-made Bunkoku laws.
    Abolition of Gateway : Policy of Oda Nobunaga contributed to economic growth.
    Chigyo : Fiefs of Samurai.
    Kenchi : Land investigation, mainly for taxation and conscription purpose. Taiko Kenchi by Hideyoshi is most well-known and largest Kenchi.
    Azuchi-momoyama : Late Sengoku Jidai with significant cultural advance(especially in architecture).
    Matchlock production : It's about domestical production of matchlock in Japan, isn't it? (Monks of Negero-dera was first to do it!)

- Changed Takeda trait name - 'Tiger of Kai'
    Last edited by Torment1234; May 03, 2017 at 01:24 AM.

I FINISHED COMBINED MOD. For some reason, it says "Failed to save Sengoku_base_EJ.pack in the Steam Cloud!".
    As soon as it's done, you guys can have my mod now with EXPANDED JAPAN MOD! and make sure you download PATCH FILE TOO!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...zNMTUlVeEtIZXM

Until Steam Workshop issue is solved, Download Combined mod via Google Drive. Unzip in data folder.

Problem solved
    Last edited by Torment1234; May 03, 2017 at 11:20 AM.

0.93 with Expanded Japan mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=918231226

I found out failing upload was caused by mod file size. All those various new Daimyo model files from Ambition mod were too big to upload.

I removed everything except ; Oda Nobunaga, Takeda Shingen, Otomo Sorin, Hojo Ujiyasu, Uesugi Kenshin.
    I had no choice to upload it on Steam Workshop.

Ieyasu was a baby, Masamune did not even exist, and other Daimyo's costume is not that bad with default model.
    I feel sorry for that cool new model and items though...I do. I mainly kept models for Daimyo who were actually adult in 1545.

6 May 2017 patch notes

EJ / Original mod

- Increased Yari Ashigaru melee attack by 1.
    - Removed Sashimono flags from Ikko ashigaru units and warrior monks. Rebel having Sashimono? Damedesu!
    - Lowered Ikko Matchlock warrior monk melee attack by 1.
    - Imported matchlock ashigaru has same number with normal matchlock ashigaru, for they were too underperforming.

- Couldn't remove Oda Ashigaru from startpos. Now they have same stats with normal ashigaru.

AI change :

- AI will trade more often, especially for minor factions.
    - Major factions will try to expand more.
    - Major factions will be more reliable allies.
    - Major factions will try retake their lost lands more often.
    - Major factions will develop their settlements and research technologies more.
    - Minor factions will defend their region with little more resilience.

Diplomacy rework :

- Alliance : Grow stronger over time. Bonus starting from 40, reaching 100.
    - Realm divide : Alliance won't betray you in Realm Divide. Penalty starting from -10, reaching -75.
    - Marrige : Starting from 100, reaching 35.

EJ mode : We have serious expansion penalty in this mod. (Which I like very much)
    Realm divide penalty should be significantly lower, and bonuses should be higher.

- Alliance : Grow stronger over time. Bonus starting from 40, reaching 130.
    - Alliance broken : Penalty increased by -10, now -50.
    - Realm divide : Alliance won't betray you in Realm Divide. Penalty starting from -10, reaching -50.
    - Marrige : Starting from 100, reaching 45.

- Also, greatly lowered fame values needed for realm divide in EJ mod.
    I think it was too high, even in that campaign map.
    I'm still testing its value, so please let me know if it is too low or still too high.

Forgot to mention it in former patch :

- Holy site building chain has Naginata Warrior Monks garrison.

Patch mod

- Diplomatic relation penalty by religion between Ikko and Catholic reduced to -40 from -80.
    - Added 1 repression to 'Bunkoku Law(Secret police)', lowered same value from 'Sword Hunt' by 1.

- Now, 'Strategy of Attack' enables Banzai ability instead of 'Sword Expertise'.
    - Strategy of Attack : Increased charge bonus by 1, now 3.
    - Form : Increased run speed bonus by by 2%, now 4%.
    - Horse mastery : Increased campaign movement point by 2%, now 7%.
    - Sumo Tournament : Removed food consumption.

Note : Sword units were underpowered in open field, and biggest reason was that Banzai is coming too late.
    Also, I always found myself researching defence chain first. I think bonuses of attack chain is not enough.

- Adjusted research bonuses by buildings.

Tier 2,3,4 Dojo now have 3/6/20% military reseach bonus.
    Tier 2,3,4 Market now have 2/5/10% civil reseach bonus.
    Tier 2 buff encampment buildings now have 4% military reseach bonus.
    Tier 3 Nanban trade port has 10%, and Tier 4 Nanban quarter has 25% to all research bonus.

Note : Usually we build Dojo only in fortified settlement with region specialty buff. Bonus had to be higher.

- Nanban contact : Now happens in every region in far more early, east or west.

Now, major factions make more reliable allies, and alliance grow stronger over time.
    You can choose your ally very carefully in early game, and help them in time of war.
    Long-lasting alliace will stay even in dreaded realm divide.

Also, I don't believe removing realm divide is real solution. It's values were wrong, but it is good challenge.
    I love FotS styled realm divide - You and allies versus enemies.

6 May 2017 HOTFIX

I found some bugs and issues, but AGAIN, upload is failing for no reason this time.
    File size is decreased, should be no reason to fail but it's failing. Sweet Jesus...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...FVzVlQxTUFEcXM
    EJ version with hotfix

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0...0YxMFRYOTJMaFk
    Normal version with hotfix

Patch mod with hotfix

Until then, use these updated files. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Bugs

- I haven't updated changed skills yet. I changed following unit abilities :
    Koga Ninja : Blinding grenade is removed.
    Naginata Warrior Monks : Banzai is replaced with Rapid Advance.

- I have accidently put test values for Oda tier 4 market, Rakuichi Rakuza. It takes 100 koku and 1 turn to build it...
    Now it takes 10,000 koku and 7 turns to build.

- Koga ninjas didn't have total unit cap as it should be. (only 3 ninjas can be recruited) Fixed it.

To fix this, I need to upload mod files but I cannot, for now...

I think I should upload new, completed 1.0 version and remove old version to solve this.
    Completed 1.0 version will come in next month, probably.

In 1.0 version :

- Renaming Clan : Hattori to Iga Ninja.
    - Renaming Clan leader : Hattori Yasunaga to Momochi Tanba.
    - Will Rework Hattori Clan into unique faction like Ikko Ikki. Their units won't be just normal units with stealth.

Note : Hattori Yasunaga was first 'Hattori Hanzo', but he left Iga to find a master to serve,
    and became vassal of Matsudaira(Tokugawa) of Mikawa. Hattori WAS NOT a Daimyo of Iga.
    Actually, Iga didn't have ruling Daimyo. Iga was ruled by the union of powerful (Ninja) clans called 'Sokoku-Ikki' or 'So'.
    They have been eradicated by Oda Nobunaga's brutal invasion(2nd Tensho Expedition of Iga).

Momochi Tanba is most well-known of those leading Ninja leaders. He was not technically 'Daimyo', but anyone is better than Hattori, who just WASN'T there.

- Faction Hero units : Each clan will have unique Hero units, available from the start and comes with very low cost/upkeep with 1 unit cap.
    I'm still working on it. Here are some example of completed and tested Hero units.

Oda : Mori Nagayoshi's Berserker - Yari unit with fearsome charge and melee attack. Has very good melee attack and hit point, but weak in prolonged melee.
    Hojo : Fuma Ninja - Unique Ninja unit. Only they can use fire bomb(comes with more firepower!) in early Ninja units, but Hojo can't recruit normal Koga Ninja.
    Ikko Ikki : Jenjubo's Sniper - Matchlock snipers deadly firepower and great accuracy, but very low ammunition. Can move and fire in stealth. Very vulnerable in melee.
    Shimazu : Sutegamari Ambusher - Suicidal Sword unit with stealth, great charge, deadly matchlock fire and very weak defence stats.
    They are suicidal warriors who deal great damage to single incoming attacker unit with one deadly matchlock fire from stealth and charge in.

- Battle : Thinking about decreasing few morale penalty, or increasing base hit point.

Any feature added, I will write that up in here.

mhawari's Avatar Miles

Oda should have kazumasu's the sniper.

Hmm, one basic principle of my mod is 'historically right' as long as it doesn't mess with fun. And I just realized Nagayoshi wasn't a guy from 1545.
    I will probably fix that name.

Also, I did not stop making this mod, but whole data was kinda messy when I looked it up after long Rome 2 rework job since I was modding noob, and S2 modding efficiency is not as good as Rome 2.

I will do Rome 2 1.072 version first, and then FotS rework 1.0(Almost done), and S2 1.0 in the future.
    It needs A LOT OF polishing and debugging. It could be in August or later and some feature can be removed, but I will not abandon it.

1.0 Preview

Campaign

- Startpos : I found many critical errors from the 'Starting position' file. It will be basically Vanilla Shogun 2 Campaign with few Immortal Generals.

- Faction Traits : I had no difficulties changing Rome 2 Faction traits or even FotS, but Shogun 2 Faction traits are very hard to make the change I want.

Uesugi - Will be Yari specialty clan with great campaign movement range bonus for Armies.
    Takeda - Trying to make Shingen's fear effect from his personal trait('bloodthirsty') into global effect applied to every battle, and give Takeda great diplomatic penalties(it's historical). Not working just yet.
    Oda - Will have overall Economy specialty(upkeep, farm income, growth, unit cost...) and unique tier 4 market. Ashigaru specialty will be removed from the game.
    Hojo - Will have some public order faction trait.
    Otomo - Otomo Sorin became Christian in 1550s. It is not historical at all, but I will not touch its faction trait. It is too unique and good, solid concept to be modified.
    Mori - Will have Agent action and trade specialty. Navy traits are same.
    Tokugawa - Will have defence stat bonus for all land units. Ninja trait is same.
    Date - Will have research speed bonus. Nodachi trait is same. I'm thinking about reworking crazy Northeast Japan map.
    Chosokabe - Will have tax rate bonus. Bow trait is same, but its farm income trait will be removed.
    Shimazu - Nothing to do. I guess...
    Hattori - Will be 'Iga Ninja' clan, and will have unique units in future, not just normal units with higher cost and guerrilla deployment.
    Ikko Ikki - Will have reworked units and better buildings.

- Religions : Will have smaller impact on diplomacy.

- AI personalities : Each faction will have historically correct personalities. For example, the Takeda will have very low reliability, and the Uesugi would be very trustworthy ally.

Battle

- Unit rework :

Cavalry - Yari Cav would be like the 'Shock Cav' in other series. Lower acceleration, lower running speed, and more unit mass(not historical, I know).
    Katana Cav will be best choice in chasing down routing enemies, even including cavalry units.

Warrior monks - Abilities like Warcry and Whistling arrow will be removed from them.
    They will be numerous, tenacious fanatics with high morale and average stats, not elite units. Ikko Ikki will be only faction uses them as the bulk of armies.

Yari Ashigaru - Will be more like spear levy. I think basic unit shouldn't be pike infantry. Their anti-cav capability will go to Samurai.

Naginata - It is not a weapon for Samurai. Naginata Samurai will be replaced with 'Jumonji-Yari Samurai' with fearsome anti-cav capability and long range.

Matchlock - Slightly weaker than beta, but still ultimate weapon.

Siege weapons - Rework can be done. I think they are seriously underpowered.

- Stealth rework : Only few units will have stealth detecting capability. Other units will only find stealth units in very close range.
    Stealth units will have very fast moving speed, even in stealth('crawl speed').

- Ninja rework : They will be deadly ambushers with no bomb. The fake word 'Kisho' will be removed from the game!
    They will be Iga or Koga.

- New 'heroic' units : will be added in future patch.

- AI will recruit less navy, more armies.

1.0 will come after FotS 1.0, which is more simple and almost done.