Thread: Someone can explain to me what is the conversion rate of churchs and priests?

Default Someone can explain to me what is the conversion rate of churchs and priests?

Hi, someone can explain to me what is the conversion rate of churchs and priests? I mean...there's nowhere on the internet I can find this information. Each "yellow thing" that a priest have, it means how much power on conversion rate? And a church? And a cathedral?

And someone can explain to me how to read the religion rate conversion in the seattlement screen? What "+ 30%" mean? Or "-15%"? I really can't find anywhere...

Thanks, cheers from Brazil!

UndrState's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Someone can explain to me what is the conversion rate of churchs and priests?

There are some other threads that can give you actual stats , such as :
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nversion-rates

That being said, 1) the "yellow thing" is a Halo 2) yes, the higher it is , the faster they convert .
    I like to Priest-bomb - i.e. produce ( constantly ) Priests , from 1 city ( ups the chances of getting Theologian's guild , which ups the Piety of priest produced in that city ) ; send them all to the closest non-catholic region , accumulate a horde . What this does is create a virtuous cycle where the Priests convert the regions to your religion , your Priests get Piety-boosting traits as they reach higher thresholds of converted people , and then your Priests are more efficient at converting because of their higher Piety . Rince-repeat. Suddenly you are guaranteed the next Papacy because the Preferati are all your men .

Default Re: Someone can explain to me what is the conversion rate of churchs and priests?

I know that the amount of halos you have, faster will be the conversion of the region. The post you have apointed to me speaks only about the fact that neighboring regions impacts in the conversion rate. What I need to know is the exact power conversion rate number of one priest halo, of one church, of one cathedrals, etc. I need to meansure how much do I have to invest in conversion...

And I need to know how do I read the religion information in, for example, this screen:

In this screen, there is a " - 36%" number in the religion stats... what this mean? (btw, I am playing stainless steel, but I cant insert a image in my computer, I don't know why....)

Conversion rate of buildings can be seen in the help text for such buildings, so that doesn't need explaining, except for the fact that they'll affect neighbouring regions as well, which you already state you know. 'Power' of priests is 1% per Piety. Note that most of the good priest traits requires things like 5%+ shift in religion during a turn, so they want/need to operate in gangs, especially in areas where there are buildings/priests of opposing religion.

In this screen, there is a " - 36%" number in the religion stats... what this mean?

That's a text statement of what you see in the visuals-there's 36% more unbelievers than believers in this place.
    Last edited by Bloodly; May 15, 2017 at 01:52 AM.

Silverheart's Avatar Domesticus

The "religion" bar simply shows you how many percent of the population in the region that belong to either of the present religious beliefs - just hover your mouse over them to see the exact percentages. In this screenshot, you can see that your religion (catholicism) is in a clear minority in regards to the combined other faiths (all of which compete with yours).
    Basically the end result of "-36%" means that your religion is 36 percentage units behind the various competing faiths. In other words, you would need to convert 36% of the regionīs total population in order to reach a 50/50 balance between your faith and all the other present faiths.
    Ideally, you'd want that number to say "+100%", meaning complete dominance of your religion.

Personally I would say that a good investment for conversion purposes is to go for five priests, or three priests per region if you need to convert multiple regions quickly (and then have five priests that you send wherever the need is greatest). It may be a bit of an investment - each priest costs upkeep, too - but it's worth it for the speed, and the benefits that you'll get once all of your priests have been active for a couple of years and they all get appointed as cardinals
    Last edited by Silverheart; May 15, 2017 at 09:08 AM.
    Heart of silver, Mind of gold
    Fist of iron and Tongue to scold

Proud to be a Viking!

Ahhnnn.... Finaly I get it...thank you both, you guys were a big help...