Thread: Just a question

Icon5 Just a question

Will I ever see this mod on Attila total war ?

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Just a question

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Seen my 9 years playing SAJ and my 515 hours in Attila, I think that Attila's units can be super cool but the gameplay is so obscenely rubbish that porting the Mod on Attila's engine would mean killing it, or .. at least turning it into a very different game without even the one hundredth part of the qualities that have made immensely great SAJ.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

That is some good parenting there Diocle, I remember being the same age and getting Rome from my dad. Countless hours spent together marching the legions against the barbarian hordes.

Maybe it's nostalgia but that game, this mod, these mod authors and fans just seem to be the best and never has CA been able to capture this essence that once bonded my father and I all those years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Julianus Flavius's Avatar Campidoctor

At the very least it'd take a massive overhaul of gameplay, the introduction of an AoR mechanic (I believe Radious has figured out how to do that), modification of state titles if that's possible, new skill trees, new religion system (having temples for more than one religion buildable per faction would better reflect Julian's tolerance policies, as well as allowing the player to convert religions easier), a buttload of new units, models, ships etc, pretty much every faction rebuilt from the ground up (basically none of them are historically accurate, with the possible exception of some of the Eastern and German peasant units, which are so nondescript they look like, well, peasants) as well as modification of the start date and climate change system.
    Would it be worth it? Honestly I don't think so. I mean I'd happily play it, and probably enjoy it, and would appreciate the effort put into making it, but I'm just not sure the manhours and scope of the project is ultimately worth it.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    What have the Romans ever done for us?? apart from better sanitation and medicine and education and irrigation and public health and roads and a freshwater system and baths and public order... what have the Romans done for us?
    Some of my favourite quotes:
    "Your god has yet to prove himself more merciful than his predecessors" ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'
    "If you choose to do nothing, they will continue to do this again and again, until there is no-one left in the city, no people for this governement to govern"
    ~ Hypatia, as represented in the film 'Agora'