Thread: Is there a way to add the hat of an unit to another unit in Empire Total War without merging?

Icon1 Is there a way to add the hat of an unit to another unit in Empire Total War without merging?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there's a way of just change the hat of an unit with the hat of another, in other words, add the hat of an unit to other unit. Can this be done without having to merge? Thank you all in advance.

Default Re: Is there a way to add the hat of an unit to another unit in Empire Total War without merging?

No answers? Come on, someone must know if there's another way without merging, or not.

Default Re: Is there a way to add the hat of an unit to another unit in Empire Total War without merging?

What do you mean by "merging"? You have to delete all parts of the unit with the hat that yo need except the hat, save it in .obj format, open the unit you want, delete its hat, and import the .obj in, then assign the vertices to the Head bone. Save and convert (make sure that the texture for the original hat is copied inside the new model's texture in place of the part with the old hat). It takes an hour or so, it's very quick after a couple of tries. There is no other way.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

With "merging" I was meaning just what you said. Okay, thank you!