Thread: TheWiseCoffin presents: The Portugese Faction Mod overview.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Default TheWiseCoffin presents: The Portugese Faction Mod overview.

'

TheWiseCoffin presents the latest video on the TWC channel!
    Presenting an overview of the Portugal Faction mod for Shogun 2

Default Re: TheWiseCoffin presents: The Portugese Faction Mod overview.

Hi I'm the creator of the mod and I don't know how to pronounce my username either!

Thanks for the great video WiseCoffin, I consider myself very lucky to have been given the first mod overview on the channel. I'd just like to point out that you can indeed use the trade nodes as the Portuguese faction. The issue arises because Portugal starts with a ship with the ability to trade but not a trading port, (the level 2 building of the port chain) which you need in order to use the trade nodes. All other clans have to build the trading port before they can produce trade ships and so don't have this issue. I wasted many hours wondering why I couldn't use the trade nodes before I figured it out!

Oh, and just to avoid confusion, the mounted arquebusier can only fire when dismounted. Think of them as a mobile arquebusier unit, which can quicky move behind enemy lines once the battle has begun.
    Last edited by mauiaw; April 28, 2017 at 10:16 PM.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Can't wait to try out this mod, love the idea of it and Shogun 2 was one of my favourite TW games!

For anyone, who like my couldn't find a link to the mod because they didn't check the video out on YouTube, you can find it over here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?749051
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Impressive work. How did you turn Goto into a settlement? Also, I don't mean to sound picky or critical, but what's up with the model for the Culverin unit? It looks like one of the Armstrong Guns from FOTS. Engine limitations?

Yeah its the armstrong gun, I haven't looked that deeply but I presumed that if you imported a custom artillery model you would have to animate it, which I don't really know how to do yet. There is a guide somewhere in these forums about how to add new regions to the Shogun 2 map. Adding Goto was a little more complicated because I had to flatten some mountains and add new textures, which required editing the height map and supertexture files.

Quote Originally Posted by mauiaw View Post
    Yeah its the armstrong gun, I haven't looked that deeply but I presumed that if you imported a custom artillery model you would have to animate it, which I don't really know how to do yet. There is a guide somewhere in these forums about how to add new regions to the Shogun 2 map. Adding Goto was a little more complicated because I had to flatten some mountains and add new textures, which required editing the height map and supertexture files.
    Cool. Keep plugging away at this mod; its quite impressive, and its cool that TheWiseCoffin and TWC are publicizing it like this. Have you been in the Shogun II Mod Workshop yet? Maybe you could find someone there to help you make a unique model for the Culverin.