Thread: General Overhaul for Grand Campaign [Released]

Default General Overhaul for Grand Campaign [Released]

STEAM DOWNLOAD

USE WITH 2D GRAPHICS SETTINGS FOR BEST RESULTS
    TRY IT WITH THE COLOURED UNIT CARDS & UI IF YOU ONLY USE VANILLA UNITS

Content

Here is an overview of what this mod is about:
    • Total graphical overhaul (2D & 3D) of all vanilla generals with background images (both for statesman & commander), based on subculture rather than faction (Rome II style)
    • Added 2D background for all agents (including generals), wives, & kids
    • Added 2D & 3D statesmen uniforms for Attila (when not faction leader), Ybor, & Ollam Ri
    • Bugfixes (Ybor spam for Alamans, wrong matches, etc.)
    • New general graphics (statesman/lower level/higher level/faction leader) for all cultures. As a rule each general has one upgrade at level 4, which creates more diversity in characters.

Total amount of generals per culture beside the starting faction leader for playable characters:
    • 30 barbarian (vs 17 in vanilla)
    • 22 nomadic (vs 17 in vanilla)
    • 22 roman (vs 17 in vanilla)
    • 22 axum & garamantes (vs 17 in vanilla)
    • 22 eastern (vs 18 in vanilla)

Bugfixes
    In this mod I also include a fix for the known Ybor ssue, Ybor spamming at the Alamans, a bug that has been bothering me a lot. I also fixed an issue for the Alamans, Langobards, & Burgundians where a character got a completely different facial appearance when becoming faction leader. This was also very comon for Axum characters. Worst of all, almost all Thanukid faction leaders in vanilla have no arms & legs, which was also addressed.
    Because of the extensive 2D work in this mod, 2D mode becomes very attractive and I suggest you try it out. In vanilla there is a serious bug in the diplomacy screen with it. The picture of the faction leader on the right is mirrored, but the masks are not, with the exception of the first one, which gives a weird glitch effect for several characters. This mod uses a workaround for that, i.e. all faction leaders only use mask 1.

Compatibility
    This mod is pretty safe to use and one can always revert to the vanilla settings without harming the savegame, so no reason not to try it out.
    • Compatible with all mods for the Grand Campaign that do not edit the graphics of characters in the grand campaign.
    • Save-game compatible. Character images will change and in some cases your faction may end up with doubles. No harm to try it, though.
    • Untick in campaign launcher when this mod appears incompatible or is not what you expected.
    • This mod is for the Grand Campaign only. When playing other campaigns than the grand campaign, because it will give problems. I had to cut out the data of other campaigns, because otherwise the mod would be too big. It is already +180MB.

Screenshots
    I have added pictures of the new sets for barbarian factions as an example. Mind that the game uses masks to make some of the grey parts more faction-specific. In-game pics for all cultures can be found on Steam.

Pic1 illustrates the 6 overhaul sets of the vanilla barbarian characters, in which the 17 vanilla characters were divided. From left to right the statesman, lower level, higher level (rank 4), and faction leader. One set has a faction general replacement for Anteans, Sclavenians, and Venedians. The right column shows the same for the northern germanic factions.

Pic2 demonstrates two new sets for barbarians with wolf pelts.

Pic3 shows the rest of the new barbarian generals with uniforms of the previous sets. The first three characters are based on faction leaders of the Alamans, Langobards, & Burgundians, which will now appear as generals in other barbarian factions.
    Last edited by Viking1978; April 27, 2017 at 04:19 PM.

Default Re: General Overhaul for Grand Campaign [Released]

Thank you for the mod. I am having an issue where at turn 35ish I cannot recruit a new general. I have played a lot and so know that it is not an Imperium or financial issue. The "Recruit" button is dark and I cannot raise an army. Fleets still work. Let me know what you think. Is this an issue I can fix or is it another mod I am using (nothing that changes any general appearances). Taking the mod off doesn't fix the problem, and I know all the other mods work fine together. Maybe it is something to do with how you fixed the Ybor glitch? I'd like to know if you think it could be affecting the AI, too, because if not I'll just finish this campaign in castle defense style.

Default Re: General Overhaul for Grand Campaign [Released]

99% sure that issue has nothing to do with this mod. I would not know what it could be. There are already about 1500 users and it is the first thing I hear of it, but I will let you know if I receive similar feedback. For now I haven't heard anything negative yet.
    The only thing I can imagine is that one of the other mods that you are using had an update changing some imperium level details, but that is pure speculation. I cannot help you much at the moment, but if you let me know which mods you are using and whether you use the launcher or modmanager, there is a chance that I can give you an idea where to look with the pfm.
    Last edited by Viking1978; May 11, 2017 at 08:20 AM.