Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26 51 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1584

Thread: DaC - Simple Question Thread

Default Re: DaC - Simple Question Thread

Is there going to be any new CSM in 2.3?

Quote Originally Posted by Goat rider View Post
    Is there going to be any new CSM in 2.3?
    Yes, there will be new CSMs for V2.3.

Since V2.2, I've added two new CSMs which are Erebor and Gundabad.

The CSMs that I plan to complete before the release of V2.3 are:

- Unique CSM for Annon-en-Orod
    - Unique CSM for Litash
    - Unique CSM for Burzakul
    - Update the Carn Dum CSM (mainly the mountain peak)
    - Create a new generic town-line and castle-line of CSMs that are unique to Angmar

And if I have more time, I might make some other updates but what's listed above is my top priority.

Thanks for the answer Elite Dwarf

It might be a stupid Question but how can i change from Bows to Melee Weapons ? I am playing as Lorien and the button to change to Melee Weapons is outgreyed. I cant use my Generals in Melee until they have shoot away all of there arrows.

press and hold left ALT then right click on the unit you want to attack, it works with all range, and that button that you refer to is skirmish mode and it is used for the choice will your ranged units fight in melee if the enemy reaches them or if they will run away before the enemy gets to them

Thank you

In my campaign Dorwinion got destroyed in a mere 35 turns by Rhun. I used toggle_fow to check what happened and it appears that their homeland turned into rebels. They had only lost 1 settlement to Rhun. I suppose all of their generals were slain which caused the faction to be destroyed. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening (in the future)? Such a waste for a beautiful faction like that to be destroyed so fast and easily.

Arachir Galudirithon's Avatar DaC Mod Team Leader

There is nothing we can do. Regicide is a hardcoded core concept of Medieval 2 Total War. That being said, I am hoping to expand family trees in future versions.

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro
    Wishing I was in Northern Virginia while in Beijing

COuldn't you do something like you did with dol guldur?

Can i somehow change the passive gameplay for Lindon so they are actually conquering stuff and not just sit in their homeland regions?

Sir Matthias's Avatar Tiro
    Wishing I was in Northern Virginia while in Beijing

Make their troops less expensive.

I did still nothing has changed, I even increased their income, nothing

How do you make agents and armies move really fast on campaign strategy map between turns (faster than pressing space bar)? For example when I end the turn, I'll have 10 armies moving on map, but I want to save time. I watched some of Arachir's videos and noticed the agents/units on campaign map moving really fast on ending turns. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by skylli View Post
    I did still nothing has changed, I even increased their income, nothing
    Cirdan the faction leader is locked in his movement, if controlled by the AI. So if he leads an army it is stuck next to Mithlond for eternity. But I have no idea, where you can change that.
    Another thing is that you can set a factions behaviour in the descr_strat file. There are two entries, one is the building behaviour:

• balanced - biases towards growth, taxable income, trade level bonuses (roads), walls and xp bonus buildings
    • religious - biases towards growth, loyalty, taxable income, farming, walls and law
    • trader - biases towards growth, trade level, trade base, weapon upgrades, games, races and xp bonus buildings
    • comfort - biases towards growth, farming, games, races, xp bonus and happiness
    • bureaucrat - biases towards taxable income, growth, pop health, trade, walls, improved bodyguards and law
    • craftsman - biases towards walls, races, taxable income, weapon upgrades, xp bonuses, mines, health and growth
    • sailor - biases towards sea trade, taxable income, walls, growth, trade
    • fortified - biases towards walls, taxable income, growth, loyalty, defenses, bodyguards and law

and the other is unit behaviour:

• smith - exactly level
    • mao - biased towards mass troops, light infantry
    • genghis - biased towards missile cavalry and light cavalry
    • stalin - biased towards heavy infantry, mass troops and artillery
    • napoleon - biased towards a mix of light and heavy infantry, light cavalry
    • henry - biased towards heavy and light cavalry, missile infantry
    • Caesar - biased towards heavy infantry, light cavalry, siege artillery

So maybe try to play around with this?

Quote Originally Posted by ilikethegames View Post
    How do you make agents and armies move really fast on campaign strategy map between turns (faster than pressing space bar)? For example when I end the turn, I'll have 10 armies moving on map, but I want to save time. I watched some of Arachir's videos and noticed the agents/units on campaign map moving really fast on ending turns. Thank you.
    Turn off the follow AI movement option.

Thank you it worked.

So I'm playing through a Dol Amroth campaign and I'm just over a 100 turns in things are going well and then I notice Gondor attacking me.... and we are at war and meanwhile I've somehow been allied to the Variags of Khand. So I'm assuming I clicked through an event, what did I miss and why does it happen?

Khand rebelled against Mordor, in doing so they declare war on Mordor, Harad and Rhun and become allied to Gondor and Dol Amroth. It's their 'Blue Wizards' script; they have a 50% chance to side with the wizards and rebel against Sauron.

I don't know why Gondor attacked you, but that wouldn't have anything to do with Khand or their script.

If I'm not mistaken the mod is balanced and recommended to be played on very hard/very hard difficulty, so I was wondering: what are the reasons for that? why that over balancing it on hard/normal difficulty setting, for example?

The game is easy even on VH/VH because of the old AI so there is not much point in balancing it on something that is not chalanging at all(med,easy,hard), and thus making VH/VH even easier ( not sure if that is the right reason but I belive it is )

Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26 51 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 LastLast