Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Expanded FOTS map with Korea, Outer Manchuria and Far East Russia

Default Expanded FOTS map with Korea, Outer Manchuria and Far East Russia

Hi guys,
    I created a brand new campaign map with Korea, Outer Manchuria and the Far East Russia for Fall of the Samurai (that will be used later in my mod Total FotS). I also added some new regions (lik 9 or 10) to Vanilla Japan map. I added all my raw data, for everyone that is interesting in building there mod with the Total FotS map.
    Some clans have their regions changed (Tsu owns all new territories), but you can change it they way you want in Tweak.
    Not everything is perfect, but you as a modder can make it your own mod.
    This is just the RAW data, my mod will be totally different with the new map.
    What i only ask is to give me credit for it if you use the new campaign map in your own (released) mod.
    Pics:
    Click to view content: 

Link to the map and data.
    Included is the db XML files (for Tweak), 2D map for heightmap and supertexture (PSD file for Photoshop), 3D map for 3dsmax (2010 and 2013 version), Border/Roads/Rivers splines and CS2 files (for Tweak).
    Enjoy!
    Last edited by izzi; November 11, 2017 at 11:17 AM.

Civis

Default Re: Expanded FOTS map with Korea, Outer Manchuria and Far East Russia

I have tried your map a little, and it looks good so far Have not experienced any crashes yet.
    I have played with vanilla game and this map.

Is it possible to combine this with your TotalFotS mod?

If so, could you please tell me how?

Regards

Trym

Quote Originally Posted by Trym View Post
    I have tried your map a little, and it looks good so far Have not experienced any crashes yet.
    I have played with vanilla game and this map.

Is it possible to combine this with your TotalFotS mod?

If so, could you please tell me how?

Regards

Trym
    This will be added to the main mod (with some changes that fit the mod). I just released as vanilla for other modders that like to build their own mod based on the map.
    Last edited by izzi; April 29, 2017 at 11:25 AM.

Civis

Ok, I try a vanilla run then

Thank you for all your good work! Its really appreciated.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

What about forests and rivers tho?

Quote Originally Posted by LinusLinothorax View Post
    What about forests and rivers tho?
    Forests can't be added (yet), because it looks like the tree converter for STW2, doesn't work for FOTS. So, it's not in my power to change that. Rivers are already included in the game.

Wow, this looks amazing. Cant wait to see it in the new Total Fots version . I assume more factions are going to be added? I'd love to see a playable Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Storander View Post
    Wow, this looks amazing. Cant wait to see it in the new Total Fots version . I assume more factions are going to be added? I'd love to see a playable Russia.
    Added, yes, playable all, not really. There is a way that many clans/factions can be playable, but that will be plan for a future mod.

hi i have downloaded the mod but it doesnt work. i cant click on it on mod manager and with just vanilla it is just the normal fots map. can you maybe help am i not doing something or?

Quote Originally Posted by kage yayuu View Post
    hi i have downloaded the mod but it doesnt work. i cant click on it on mod manager and with just vanilla it is just the normal fots map. can you maybe help am i not doing something or?
    Than the mod.pack is not installed in your data folder.

bk2-modder's Avatar Libertus

The download now links to an empty folder. Do you think you could reupload it?

Quote Originally Posted by bk2-modder View Post
    The download now links to an empty folder. Do you think you could reupload it?
    I will. Just give me time, because I need to see where I put those files. So I don't upload the wrong ones.

I re-uploaded the brand new campaign map.

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Hi guys,
    I created a brand new campaign map with Korea, Outer Manchuria and the Far East Russia for Fall of the Samurai (that will be used later in my mod Total FotS). I also added some new regions (lik 9 or 10) to Vanilla Japan map. I added all my raw data, for everyone that is interesting in building there mod with the Total FotS map.
    Some clans have their regions changed (Tsu owns all new territories), but you can change it they way you want in Tweak.
    Not everything is perfect, but you as a modder can make it your own mod.
    This is just the RAW data, my mod will be totally different with the new map.
    What i only ask is to give me credit for it if you use the new campaign map in your own (released) mod.
    Pics:
    Click to view content: 

Link to the map and data.
    Included is the db XML files (for Tweak), 2D map for heightmap and supertexture (PSD file for Photoshop), 3D map for 3dsmax (2010 and 2013 version), Border/Roads/Rivers splines and CS2 files (for Tweak).
    Enjoy!

Could you reupload by any chance?

I never knew this existed and it would be a great start for a Russo Japanese War mod

I will try to reupload it. As i lost some files some while ago.

Senator

Is it just me, or has no one made a Darthmod compatible expanded map after all these years?

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    Is it just me, or has no one made a Darthmod compatible expanded map after all these years?
    Nope, Darthmod (fots) is just vanilla campaign map.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by izzi View Post
    Nope, Darthmod (fots) is just vanilla campaign map.
    I know; my point was it's surprising that no one has tried to make one of the expanded maps compatible with it. That would be the dream!

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin View Post
    I know; my point was it's surprising that no one has tried to make one of the expanded maps compatible with it. That would be the dream!
    I don't know why no one tried something with it. I was hoping that some (startup) modders could use the campaign map, to make a mod for themselves and share it with the community.

Hazbones's Avatar Senator

Izzi, what software do you use to modify the map?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast