Thread: Napoleon Total combat Bug - Game crashes on loading campaigns

Default Napoleon Total combat Bug - Game crashes on loading campaigns

Hi all,

I recently installed napoleon total combat it works great the first time but as soon as i close the game and come back later the game will start up and when i try to load my campaign it crashes. I tried uninstalling napoleon total combat mod and then checking the games cache integrity through steam to no avail. ive also tried deleting the preferences scripts and also copying the preferences from a fresh vanilla install of the game and pasting them into the preferences, that did not work either. ive also tried adjusting the video memory settings in the preferences script as some people said that could be an issue but that did not work as well. This problem only occurs after i play the mod for the first time. on a fresh install of everything the game and mod work perfectly i just dont know why it stops working after that, any help would be greatly appreciated

System specs, I7-7700K, GTX1070, 32GB of Ram

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: Napoleon Total combat Bug - Game crashes on loading campaigns

I have no problem running NTC, so I don't know what your issue is.

Before I can help you, I need to ask you;

1. Did you tried running NTC without having other mods installed or did you tried starting a new campaign without mods, even without NTC, try to do that first?
    2. Are you using other mods e.g DarthMod Napoleon or Napoleon Total Factions, just to mention a few popular mods?
    3. What campaign did you pick, NTC/NTF/NTW campaigns, there is a help section by clicking the Information button in the NTC launcher?

Also make sure you have updated the video driver and the sound driver, sometimes using outdated drivers could be an issue.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I have no other mods installed at this time and i have re-downloaded a fresh version of ntw from steam and only installed NTC. I have the latest drivers from Nvidia and i also made sure my soundcard drivers were up to date.

I am having this problem with the Death or Glory campaign with 40 army stacks. so far what i have figured out is, I can play NTC perfectly fine on a fresh install but if i shutdown my computer after playing and then restart it and try to play again the game will crash when I try to load any campaign or even the tutorial. however, if i only put the computer to sleep it will work perfectly fine. so far the easiest solution i have found is to uninstall NTC restart my compuer and then reinstall it because if i dont restart it after uninstalling it the game will still crash.

Ah, I think you had just answer your own question. Click on the "Information" button in the NTC launcher and there can you read how to start a "Death and Glory" campaign.

Anyway, I copied the section about "Death and Glory" and below is what you need to know.

HOW TO START A DEATH OR GLORY CAMPAIGN:

1. Click 'START NEW CAMPAIGN' to begin as new Death or Glory Campaign. Next,
    select the Theatre of Operations you wish to start the new campaign in.

2. Then choose the Army Size and Faction you wish to play. The game will automatically start
    and the appropriate game save will then be loaded to the NTW game saves folder.

3. After the game starts, click 'Single Player' at the main menu and then click 'Load Game'

4. Find and select the game save titled '- NTC Death or Glory -' to start the Death or Glory
    campaign you have configured in the steps above.

Please Note: You only have to do the above steps to start a Death or Glory Campaign!

HOW TO CONTINUE A DEATH OR GLORY CAMPAIGN LATER:

Click the "CONTINUE DEATH OR GLORY" button. This button will be active after
    you have started your first Death or Glory campaign.

This is to insure that all the required files are loaded properly.

The game will start and after that, simply load and continue your Death or Glory campaign
    as per usual.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

No that is not the issue. I am aware of having to start the mod and then hit continue death or glory. i do it every time and the game will still crash

Also another interesting thing i have found is that after i uninstall NTC and restart my computer, if i do not open NTW and start a campaign before i reinstall NTC, NTC will still crash after resarting and reinstalling it. i am also deleting my preferences scripts before i restart as well if that was something you were thinking could be wrong as well

Did you installed Steam in the default folder e.g C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam?

If so did you also installed NTC in the Steam folder. Should you have both Steam and NTW in the default folder then read this.

Hi mate,
    Did you solve the problem? Because I have exactly the same issue, and I dont know what to do.
    I used to play NTC for hours and hours with out problem but then I stopped to play it for almost two years, and then a couple of days ago I decided to restart playing it , but when I iniciated the game, I found the same issue that you have.
    I reinstalled all the things, but only works once with the fresh install and then always crash again.

If you figuered out how to solve it, please let me know. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by juanpebete View Post
    Hi mate,
    Did you solve the problem? Because I have exactly the same issue, and I dont know what to do.
    I used to play NTC for hours and hours with out problem but then I stopped to play it for almost two years, and then a couple of days ago I decided to restart playing it , but when I iniciated the game, I found the same issue that you have.
    I reinstalled all the things, but only works once with the fresh install and then always crash again.

If you figuered out how to solve it, please let me know. Thanks!
    Have you tried to first launch NTW before installing NTC?

Also, make sure you can start a new campaign in vanilla and doesn't use mods that's preventing you from launching NTC and one of those mods could be Napoleon DarthMod.

If you use NDM then open the NDM launcher and click on the Utilities menu then click on the "Restore vanilla" option and exit the NDM launcher after some files had been copied.

I know NTC is compatible with NTF, so it's safe to use both mods together.

Remember, always have Steam Client running in systray otherwise neither NTW or mods will work properly.

Yeah, I tried first launching the NTW vanilla before installing the mod, and it works just for once like the mod.

I have never used the NDM.

What do you mean with "always have Steam Client running in systray"? Sorry, I speak spanish so my english its not so good, I canīt figure out what "systray" means in this context.

Thanks for the answer, hope you can help me

Quote Originally Posted by juanpebete View Post
    What do you mean with "always have Steam Client running in systray"? Sorry, I speak spanish so my english its not so good, I canīt figure out what "systray" means in this context.
    Do you see the icon for the speaker, sound and the clock (digital e.g 01:00) in Windows?

The posted pictures here will show you what systray (to the right at the bottom) is.