Thread: Battle animations and dust

baselhun's Avatar Civis

Icon4 Battle animations and dust

How do I remove dust when units walking an running? It slows down my game. Also where can I find the battle animations of third age total war? Or maybe that was divide and conquer feature? I want to implement these animations to my other mod, since it kinda fixed the 2 handed bug.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Battle animations and dust

Dust: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post10981350

TATW's animations are no longer avilable on their own, KK's upload of them been dead for long.
    Perhaps someone has them and can reupload?
    While I do not know what's the 2H-bug is supposed to be to begin with, otherwise you can always extract the animations from where you know it works as it should, and then transfere it; http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...different-mods

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

baselhun's Avatar Civis

Well since I have TATW I have it, the problem is I don't know where is it. ALso 2 handed bug is, since their animation is slower, they keep getting stun blocked thus causing them to be less effective than their stats.

KK never actually uploaded the animations, not unpacked anyway, everyone already has the unpacked animations. I have all but one of the vanilla TATW unpacked animations, Osgiliath Pikemen from 3.0-3.2 I think. I never uploaded them though, if KK wanted people to have the unpacked ones he would have done it properly I think. Also there is a good amount of animation work in TATW there that is mine and others and was not ready to be released, so not all are even vanilla TATW animations making permissions tricky I reckon.

You can speed up their attack animations in the .edu a little bit, google for a edu tutorial and it will point it out for you. Warman made some animation mods, dac probably uses these. TATW did but removed them for some reason. They are still in the files so dac probably just assigned them without having to mess with the animations.
    Last edited by alreadyded; April 23, 2017 at 02:05 PM.

baselhun's Avatar Civis

So can we find the animations and implement them to other mods or not?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Since you do not even has the manners to thank anyone who taken their time to answered your questions so far, you really do not deserve any further respons what I'm concerned - but it entertains me to make this final exception: No.
    If you want to release the mod the answer is no to implementation, unless the mod is a TATW submod, or you can get permission directly from the animator(s) behind the animation(s) you want to use.
    And as for "find", if you do get permission, learn to unpack the animations from the animations-folder. You already got the tutorial.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by baselhun View Post
    So can we find the animations and implement them to other mods or not?
    I already said the animations are in TATW, no need to add the actual files. Just download warman's mod and use winmerge to move the difference in code into TATW and that will assign them since they are already in the game. Any further questions on this should be posted in the mod workshop. No one here know's about this stuff except for me and I am not nearly as helpful as the people that hang around the workshop answering questions. I am selfish, I really only care about my own mods and getting them tested. It is easy to mod though, just copy and paste certain parts in certain places and winmerge will point out exactly what if you know what to look for. There are tutorials as well, google it.
    Last edited by alreadyded; April 25, 2017 at 02:56 PM.

baselhun's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by alreadyded View Post
    I already said the animations are in TATW, no need to add the actual files. Just download warman's mod and use winmerge to move the difference in code into TATW and that will assign them since they are already in the game. Any further questions on this should be posted in the mod workshop. No one here know's about this stuff except for me and I am not nearly as helpful as the people that hang around the workshop answering questions. I am selfish, I really only care about my own mods and getting them tested. It is easy to mod though, just copy and paste certain parts in certain places and winmerge will point out exactly what if you know what to look for. There are tutorials as well, google it.
    Thanks mate I'd give it a try, but links are dead it seems.
    Last edited by baselhun; April 26, 2017 at 06:32 AM.

Ask Araval, he seems to have everything.