Page 75 of 501 FirstFirst ... 2550656667686970717273747576777879808182838485100125175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 10017

Thread: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: The Chat Thread (Read OP)

Mount & Blade: Napoleonic Wars is where its at man. Playing Commander Battles and having 20 hussars under your command as you flank the enemy's army and destroy their riflemen, then run away before the heavy cavalry can get you.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey I of Leuven View Post
    Oh, boy! Short weeks and astronomical wages? Where do I sign up?

EDIT: Is anyone else getting random SQL errors?

EDIT 2: Halp.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

EDIT 3: Apparently, it's resolved itself lol.
    It seems to happen sometimes when you are making a post using the WYSIWYG editor (the default one). Switching to Source Mode is a workaround.

I think there was a thread about it in Q&S or the Tech Bazaar, but I can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    It seems to happen sometimes when you are making a post using the WYSIWYG editor (the default one). Switching to Source Mode is a workaround.

I think there was a thread about it in Q&S or the Tech Bazaar, but I can't find it.
    My post from July probably. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15368628

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Yep, that's it, and Vet's thread.

If any body likes proxy wars and colonial Africa then put your hands up.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

I can not type if I put my hands up. Because of you right now I am going through a tremendously disconcerting situation. Ideas?

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

I only like proxy wars in modern Africa. Mostly I just like to see Rwanda kill everything.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...y-norse-thing)

Another piece of lousy advertisment.This is a great story.

Patrician

I actually started it. I'll see if I can read it when I have time.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    I only like proxy wars in modern Africa. Mostly I just like to see Rwanda kill everything.
    It's hard to imagine how they managed to kill nearly a million people in little more than three months over there.

Also, mishkin, as a Belgian I can probably get you an extra pair of hands somewhere.

Blog Entries

It would be excellent if they could be accompanied by the attractive body of a woman. Thirty-year-old, minimally friendly and reasonable.

Patrician

More the time when Rwanda successfully fought off Uganda and Congo, but genocide works too.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfrey I of Leuven View Post
    It's hard to imagine how they managed to kill nearly a million people in little more than three months over there.

Also, mishkin, as a Belgian I can probably get you an extra pair of hands somewhere.
    As a Begian,you should read it,this must be the only story on the internet which isnt about the natives as being angels and Belgian as a huge satanical cult of devils.I have shown that while Belgian was evil,the native Arab Slavers were no better.

Blog Entries

African slavers were worse - Masacres forgiven.

Interestingly, this is the kind of thing people who criticize twentieth-century "moral relativism" do: Hitler was bad but communism killed X millions, in Europe we treat women/gays much better than in Arabia, etc.
    Last edited by mishkin; November 11, 2017 at 03:47 AM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    African slavers were worse - Masacres forgiven.

Interestingly, this is the kind of thing people who criticize twentieth-century "moral relativism" do: Hitler was bad but communism killed X millions, in Europe we treat women/gays much better than well unlike in Arabia, etc.
    fixed

BTW you do realize what happened in Belgium when the king's humanitarian relief mission made it to the press?

Blog Entries

Why you ask?

Patrician

Because you seem to think that the atrocities carried out by Belgian mercenaries in Congo are completely overlooked or something. When in fact one of the biggest events commonly associated with colonialism was the Congo Free State. You also incorrectly interpreted his statement as African slavers being worse and Belgian mercenaries being a'okay, now whether he believes that or not isn't the point so much as his statement being that they were no better and so there really is no reason to interpret that way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Because you seem to think that the atrocities carried out by Belgian mercenaries in Congo are completely overlooked or something.
    I never said that. I said that comparing those with other atrocities was ridiculous or malicious if the intention is to excuse someone.

Patrician

You said "African slavers were worse - Masacres forgiven." in response to mad orc. Then you went on a rant about moral relativism. Despite the fact that mad orc hints nowhere that he was in favour of the Congo Free State.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; November 11, 2017 at 02:57 PM.

I like the bit where they cut off peoples hands for not reaching the rubber quota. It's a surefire way of increasing efficiency...