Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: DaC - Bugs, Crashes and FAQ

Default Re: DaC - Bugs, Crashes and FAQ

Hey I'm not 100% if this is the correct place to put this (I'm a bit new here) but on the fourish times I have defended in the settlement Cameth Brin the enemy army bugs out and gets stuck in the walls and the battle ends in a draw.

Default Naru n'Aru lag my game!

First of all my problem probably has to do with my pc, for it is not exactly great.. But it still confuses me. I recently have been playing a lot as Umbar, and when the barracks event finally arrived I immediately started building an army primarily using Naru n'Aru units. However the very first battle using this army I started lagging every time I looked at them. I've fought plenty of battles where more than four full stacks where on the field, yet only four units of the archers and/or royal guard seem to be to many! Is this a know problem, and is there maybe something I myself can do, so I can go full ber-elite? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Conhair View Post
    Hey I'm not 100% if this is the correct place to put this (I'm a bit new here) but on the fourish times I have defended in the settlement Cameth Brin the enemy army bugs out and gets stuck in the walls and the battle ends in a draw.
    Welcome, indeed it is. Did it happen only once? Does reloading the battle fix the issue? The settlement is a vanilla castle, with different textures, so it just might be a random bug.

So, before you jump down my throat, I know this mod is not meant for hotseat, yes, I can see it highlighted on the front. But I did get it to work by fiddling around with a few files and was about 80 turns in with a friend. Unfortunately I ruined my folder when I reinstalled reforged patch 0.9 and cant for the life of me find the tutorials I used before on this site. Can you guys point me to those tutorials or just tell me how to modify what file to get it working again.

So my game crashes when ever the siege of Hornburg ends. I'm playing as Isengard but when ever i take Hornburg, as soon as i get back to the campaign map my game crashes. It comes up with a error msg then shuts off the game. I legit cant take that province. Does this happen to anyone else?

Hello guys! So heres my problem. I have the game who work well but in every campaign, once i get a large realm with a lot of settlements the game crashes "unspecified error" message. At the beginning it his but very often (like every 10 turns or so) but now its every turn or 2 turns. Is this have To do with the download/installation because i downloaded it many times....

Quote Originally Posted by ItsPandaa69 View Post
    So my game crashes when ever the siege of Hornburg ends. I'm playing as Isengard but when ever i take Hornburg, as soon as i get back to the campaign map my game crashes. It comes up with a error msg then shuts off the game. I legit cant take that province. Does this happen to anyone else?
    Try killing or capturing every enemy unit.

I am getting fatal graphics errors causing CTD after a campaign siege battle. I tried restarting my computer. I was able to quit out of a battle almost as soon as it started, and then it loaded properly when transitioning to the campaign map.

My specs are good with i7700 HQ @2.8 GHZ and GTX 1060 for GPU. Screen Res is 1920x1080. Game runs very smoothly and looks great until the CTD after the battle ends.

Before I even had DaC installed, default Windows 10 froze on starting screen until I ran with Win 8 compatibility. I played a couple battles in Med II vanilla with no issues. Someone suggested trying Win 7 compatibility, so I will give that a try later (too late in the night now) if there isn't a definitive fix.

Hopefully that is enough info. I followed install instructions and everything worked great until after I fought my first campaign battle.

As Imladris I destroyed the ring and i got the cutscenes but after that the part above and under the screen turned black. Because of that it is impossible to play cause you can open settelments or move units out of settelments.

Can some1 please check my save? I can not pass ai turn even I tried reloaded many times, even older saves. Probably something with ai siege. Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello there! So I have been having some crashing issues even though I have followed the download instructions and videos word for word. I am running Windows 10 so I took Elvenkind's advice and tried changing the compatibility of the medieval2.exe to see of that solved the issue. I am not totally sure if it has yet but what has started to happen is the loading screen images will disappear after about a second and the loading screen will just be black with the loading bar. Not a huge deal I know but I would like to look at some pretty pictures while the game loads. If anyone knows a fix let me know!

Two things:

First, in my Dale game, almost every time I end turn and it becomes the Dwarves of Ered Luin's turn, the game crashes. This has only ever happened with this Dale game, and usually the game proceeds as normal after I reopen the game, but it crashes on the next turn. It also doesn't happen when I use the toggle_fow cheat for the entirety of their turn. I'd provide the crash log, but this lead me to my second question.

My \logs folder is completely empty. It stays that way no matter how many times the game crashes. If it weren't for this I'd provide the crash log.

Third, surprise question! How do I upload a save game to a post? I figure if I post it here one of you guys will be able to do something useful with it.

atthias's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Fidget The Scout View Post
    Two things:

First, in my Dale game, almost every time I end turn and it becomes the Dwarves of Ered Luin's turn, the game crashes. This has only ever happened with this Dale game, and usually the game proceeds as normal after I reopen the game, but it crashes on the next turn. It also doesn't happen when I use the toggle_fow cheat for the entirety of their turn. I'd provide the crash log, but this lead me to my second question.

My \logs folder is completely empty. It stays that way no matter how many times the game crashes. If it weren't for this I'd provide the crash log.

Third, surprise question! How do I upload a save game to a post? I figure if I post it here one of you guys will be able to do something useful with it.
    as for you second question check your virtual store [if you dont know how here is how http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-pictures-!-) do everything from step 3 in the first spoiler box] after that let the game crash again and see if it does now provide a log

as for you third question zip it [7zip is freeware http://www.7-zip.org/] upload it somewhere and post the link here
    Total War - Rise of Mordor

Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?
    If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!

DO you want some uints back in MOS 1.7 then install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    it adds back units who are deleted from campaing in MOS 1.7
    namely the Winged swordsmen the Citadel guard archers and the gondor dismounted bodyguard.

under the proud patronage of Frunk of the house of Siblesz

ElvenKind's Avatar Enjoy your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Narrows View Post
    Can some1 please check my save? I can not pass ai turn even I tried reloaded many times, even older saves. Probably something with ai siege. Thank you.
    I`ve tested your save game, and had past the turn. You had lost Aldfuc which was under siege by Isengard. Sorry.

Also, Dol Amroth attacked you, but I had moved one of your diplomats next to Dol Amroth city, negotiated quick ceasefire and a new/old alliance. Here is a new save game:https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7j2c84ymr...ndor1.sav?dl=0
    TATW Local Moderator
    Proud supporter of TATW,MOS,PCP, DaC!! -
    TWC Guide for new members by
    Shankbot- EK`s Install Thread - * Under proud patronage of one and only StealthFox *
    Want to be a new Justin B ?
    Want to learn pro photo editing?
    Best food in your own kitchen!
    Start your own business, and enjoy it!

I'm having a very weird crash which I think has to do with the Corsair script. Playing as Dol Amroth and the Corsairs raid both my settlement in Methrast and Gondor's Pelargir. When I click end turn the battle alert fires as it should and shows my army. Pressing anything (either manual battle or auto resolve; or even right clicking on the enemy general's portrait to view his army) makes the field of view change and zoom in onto Pelargir instead of Methrast. Giving manual battle results in a Gondor captain shouting "For the White City" while being zoomed in on Pelargir and then the game gets stuck in the loading bar for the battle. Auto resolve makes the game freeze on the strat map with both battle sounds and campaign music playing. The only way to exit from there is the task manager.
    I successfully did the battle for the second time after reloading (the first time the game just got stuck in the loading bar again) and decided to go back and check out the reason for it. Hope this can help to avoid further crashes in that regard.

On seems to be missing the ReligionStarter trait upon his creation after Khazad-dum is captured. Might be related to the issue with him gaining dread for no apparent reason.
    Similarly Vidusith (starting General of Esgaroth) and Araphor (starting General of Amon Sul) are missing the LoyaltyStarter trait.
    Last edited by Hadhod; June 28, 2017 at 01:22 PM.

I have tried several things to stop fatal graphics errors and unspecified CTDs on Windows 10. Tried lowering graphics settings, running Win 7 and 8 compatibility mode, deleting map and geography files, turning off auto daylight savings time, etc. I still ended up with crashes after playing for a bit, so I decided simply to save the game, quit to the main menu, and then return to the game after every turn or two and before/after battles. It is a bit inconvenient, but I was able finally to play for hours without a CTD at least. Hopefully most people have better luck than I did, but this works for me.

Also, I tried The Elder Scrolls mod for a bit as well and had the same CTDs, so I think this issue may be more with Steam/Med II itself rather than the mods. However, I haven't played Med II vanilla besides a couple quick battles, so that is more conjecture than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesto11 View Post
    I have tried several things to stop fatal graphics errors and unspecified CTDs on Windows 10. Tried lowering graphics settings, running Win 7 and 8 compatibility mode, deleting map and geography files, turning off auto daylight savings time, etc. I still ended up with crashes after playing for a bit, so I decided simply to save the game, quit to the main menu, and then return to the game after every turn or two and before/after battles. It is a bit inconvenient, but I was able finally to play for hours without a CTD at least. Hopefully most people have better luck than I did, but this works for me.

Also, I tried The Elder Scrolls mod for a bit as well and had the same CTDs, so I think this issue may be more with Steam/Med II itself rather than the mods. However, I haven't played Med II vanilla besides a couple quick battles, so that is more conjecture than anything.
    The base game and kingdoms runs without crashes normally. I hvae played over hundret hours without hvaing a crash in a non modded campaign. Mpst crashes are either caused by a small codeding inconvinience as mod normally are far more difficulat on the scripts or by memory problems. That is why some crashes happen when you play to long at one time. Mostlikely modds do have some memory leaks or more better quality graphics. But there are stable mods like Stainless Steel withvthe right setting.

Arachir Galudirithon's Avatar Head of DaC

DaC adds so much more to the game and it stretches the engine to its limit:
    We have more regions, more detailed stratgey models, a bigger map, more factions, more scripts, more buildings, more relationships and far better quality units ---- than the base game. The game engine is really old it can not utilise modern PC's correctly and with minor quirks between all of our pc's some people just cannot run the game crash free without additional intervention.

Have a look at this thread, and make your own conclusion about what to do next with Medieval II TW and its memory limits of modern age.

BUG:
    Carn dum has horrible pathfinding issues. And you can't use ladders or siege towers. When a ram reaches the gate, the gate's info will display the player's faction. Even when it's not breached yet. When it is, directing troops through the gates will make them walk another direction (via the mountains, as there's a valid path). Please fix this, thank you.

Nonetheless, this submod is awesome! It's one of the best I've ever played. I really feel I'm ruling a kingdom in Middle-Earth. Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Quintillius View Post
    BUG:
    Carn dum has horrible pathfinding issues. And you can't use ladders or siege towers. When a ram reaches the gate, the gate's info will display the player's faction. Even when it's not breached yet. When it is, directing troops through the gates will make them walk another direction (via the mountains, as there's a valid path). Please fix this, thank you.

Nonetheless, this submod is awesome! It's one of the best I've ever played. I really feel I'm ruling a kingdom in Middle-Earth. Thank you so much!
    Tried a couple of battles, didn't experience any of those issues.

Units walk a bit funny here and there as expected, it's actually a pretty decent pathfinding. I can also use siege towers and ladders just fine (not the AI though, only rams), gates display the correct faction ownership and units pass through them without problems.
    Not sure what's going on in your game.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast