Arachir Galudirithon's Avatar Head of DaC

Default DaC - Installation and Download

2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
    Most Popular Sub-Mod Winner!

Latest Download - Patch 1.2

DaC on Discord:
    https://discord.gg/ymad4eY

Introduction
    Welcome to the download and installation thread! Here you will find all relevant material to getting the game working for you. If you have any questions, just ask!

Part 1:
    Mediafire - Mod DB

Part 2:
    Mediafire - Mod DB

Part 3:
    Mediafire - Mod DB

Patch 1.2
    Mediafire - Mod DB

Installation Guidelines:
    - You need a fresh (no mods present) Third Age Total War 3.2 installation (3.0 plus 3.2).
    - No other DaC files are required. Only Version 1 Parts 1, 2 and 3 and Patch 1.2.

1) Please disable Windows UAC (User account control) - ElvenKind's Guide : AG's Guide
    2) Download each file - Do not do anything else on your computer whilst you download
    3) Run them as an administrator in numerical order. - Right click and then select 'run as administrator'
    4) You shouldn't have to change the destination folder unless you have MOVED YOUR STEAM or you have the disc version, the installer defaults to the default Med 2 steam location.
    5) When asked about overwriting files, always click 'yes'.
    6) PART 2 ONLY - When asked about 'read-only' files, click retry for all and it will work fine (about 15 times you have to click the button)
    7) Please read the final page of the installation process and act accordingly if you have the disc version. Or watch the videos below for full details.

Installation Video Guide:
    Third Age Total War 3.2 - DaC Version 1 - DaC Patch 1.2

Changelogs
    Version 1.1:
    Change-log

Version 1.2:
    Change-log
    Regards
    DaC Council
    Last edited by Arachir Galudirithon; September 14, 2017 at 02:22 PM.

Default Re: DaC - Installation and Download

what is going on? new thread? why?
    [url=http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?1680-The-TWC-Modding-Awards]

hello can we please get a torrent upload

when will version 2 be released or is this not subject jet in the developerteam of DAC?

It will be a long time. V2 is not anywhere near complete.

this is going to sound really stupid but is there a really good way to know if you have everything installed correctly? hahaha, cause somehow i just realize my previous installation was wrong. I was still on 1.0 even though i had installed the patch but i was totally able to play the campaign far into 100+ turns without any issues except crashing on Carn Dum defense as Grey Havens.....

I have since reinstalled it and now the game shows as 1.2 but now i am totally worried.

Quote Originally Posted by RyuNoKami View Post
    this is going to sound really stupid but is there a really good way to know if you have everything installed correctly? hahaha, cause somehow i just realize my previous installation was wrong. I was still on 1.0 even though i had installed the patch but i was totally able to play the campaign far into 100+ turns without any issues except crashing on Carn Dum defense as Grey Havens.....

I have since reinstalled it and now the game shows as 1.2 but now i am totally worried.
    If you have two Khazad-Dum's (East and West) you are golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf612 View Post
    If you have two Khazad-Dum's (East and West) you are golden.
    see...this is where it gets tricky....in my previous 1.0 installation that i thought was properly updated, there was two Khazad-Dums....hahahhaa

well, poking about the campaign map....i DO see the unique buildings like the one in Imladris now. it wasn't there before.

Laetus

Hello i downloaded and watched your installation videos on mod db and the only issue im having is actually starting the game i made a shortcut to for the third age bat. and placed it on my desktop. and i get windows cannot find kingdoms exe. i ran as Administrator and followed every key step. what did i do wrong. thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by klawlor93 View Post
    Hello i downloaded and watched your installation videos on mod db and the only issue im having is actually starting the game i made a shortcut to for the third age bat. and placed it on my desktop. and i get windows cannot find kingdoms exe. i ran as Administrator and followed every key step. what did i do wrong. thank you.
    steam or disk? do you have the kingdoms expansion. There is a chance that you have it at the wrong place installed as the reference to kingdoms.exe in the bash file depends on the current directory of it. If you open medieval2/mods do you see a folder third age and the third age.bat inside of that one?

Quote Originally Posted by klawlor93 View Post
    I had the same problem and I realized it occurred because I ran the shortcut as administrator. All I did was double-click the shortcut instead and it worked.

Laetus

Never mind got it to work thank you loving this mod so far! i just renamed the file to crusades because i still couldnt figure it out

is there a release date in sight for version 2? or still plenty of work?, i'm getting hyped about it

No. It will be a long time. Think in terms of next year.

Hey, I followed every instruction exactly with the 1.2 patch downloaded from both ModDB and Mediafire and it's just not installing. Straight 1.0 has installed fine, but it's just not updating, and despite it appearing to go through the install process fine, nothing has changed after and it's still 1.0.

Sorry, but realised I'd made a mistake, it's now working absolutely fine. Tried installing in a different location and copying over, which didn't work, but then thought that installing properly again might afterwards... At which point I noticed that the 1.2 default path is the overall mod folder, whereas the one for the three parts of 1.0 was the data folder, and I'd been copy pasting the location as I don't have it in C:.

But other than my cock-up, all good so far. Nice work!

Hey i tried to download dac today and ran into a problem in the instillation, installing part 1 floods my ram usage and crashes the operating system randomly when its installing. the other parts i then tried to install, they went fine, and I returned to part 1 a few times to retry, and it for whatever reason eats up all my memory and fails to install.

Any advice? Fixes?

ElvenKind's Avatar Enjoy your life!

Quote Originally Posted by Elsneakatora View Post
    Hey i tried to download dac today and ran into a problem in the instillation, installing part 1 floods my ram usage and crashes the operating system randomly when its installing. the other parts i then tried to install, they went fine, and I returned to part 1 a few times to retry, and it for whatever reason eats up all my memory and fails to install.

Any advice? Fixes?
    What are your system specs?
    TATW Local Moderator
    Proud supporter of TATW,MOS,PCP, DaC!! -
    TWC Guide for new members by
    Shankbot- EK`s Install Thread - * Under proud patronage of one and only StealthFox *
    Want to be a new Justin B ?
    Want to learn pro photo editing?
    Start your own business, and enjoy it!

I have an hp envy h8-1534

AMD six core Fx-6200
    10gb ram
    AMD Radeon hd 7570 graphics card

Its all off the factory line

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast