Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: A Map of Ice and Fire

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Project] A Map of Ice and Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis TheMannis - Baratheon View Post
    No High Hermitage for Dorne? Also shouldn't Yronwood be a little norther? and by that i mean south of the causeway that connects it with Wyl thus creating a chockepoint...
    High Hermitage didn't feel necessary, Starfall and Blackhaven felt more than enough for that section of the Red Mountains. Yronwood we didn't want to have as a final checkpoint, mainly for hotseat purposes. Forting the pass + adding a choke Fortress in Dorne would make it far stronger than we'd like. (it's already super strong)

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    High Hermitage didn't feel necessary, Starfall and Blackhaven felt more than enough for that section of the Red Mountains. Yronwood we didn't want to have as a final checkpoint, mainly for hotseat purposes. Forting the pass + adding a choke Fortress in Dorne would make it far stronger than we'd like. (it's already super strong)

Fair enough and i get what you mean about both topics, but the nerd in me screams for Yronwood's possition not being the same as it's in the books. Well House Yronwood will have to slightly adjust their house words from "We Guard the Way" to "We Watch the Way from a mountain near the (cause)Way"

Citizen

Blog Entries

Easily can block the passage.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by HannibalExMachina; August 05, 2017 at 04:40 PM.

Easily can block the passage.

And again, fair enough. Also cool traits. By the way i have a question ( it may be a lil' stupid ) but am i right to assume that A Dream of Spring will also have a single player campaing aside from the hotseat one?

SoulGamesInc's Avatar Valar Dohaeris
    Content Staff Citizen

words from "We Guard the Way" to "We Watch the Way from a mountain near the (cause)Way"
    Where in the books does it state that Yronwood is inside the Boneway? It guards it below the pass. That's 1 square narrow, if somebody sneaks through it without Yronwoods garrison seeing someone isn't doing their job. You don't even need the x2 forts as Para showed, one does the trick, more than in range for Yronwood to lift any siege attempted. As for High Hermitage it wasn't practical given that Dorne is already a powerhouse.
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; August 05, 2017 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    if somebody sneaks through it without Yronwoods garrison seeing somebody isn't doing their job.

Clearly you've never seen 20 good men in action, sorry couldn't contain my self there, but yeah i get what you mean.

Citizen

Blog Entries

And again, fair enough. Also cool traits. By the way i have a question ( it may be a lil' stupid ) but am i right to assume that A Dream of Spring will also have a single player campaing aside from the hotseat one?
    It's being designed for both, but we currently don't have anyone who can 3D model for units, which is going to take a way a lot from the single player aspect. I'll be patching quite frequently, so hopefully we'll gain some interest once the beta is out.

Hi, is anyone updating unit models so the mod can be used in SP? Sorry if this question has been answered before.

Morrowgan's Avatar Biarchus

Tower of Joy as a landmark would be neat if possible.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by der_baba123 View Post
    Hi, is anyone updating unit models so the mod can be used in SP? Sorry if this question has been answered before.
    Pretty much answered that in the post above yours. We don't have someone who is capable of doing so at the moment. We're hoping with BETA release we'll gain some interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    Tower of Joy as a landmark would be neat if possible.
    Believe Soul wants to do that in an update on the map.
    Last edited by Parafix; August 05, 2017 at 05:24 PM.

It's being designed for both, but we currently don't have anyone who can 3D model for units, which is going to take a way a lot from the single player aspect. I'll be patching quite frequently, so hopefully we'll gain some interest once the beta is out.

Perhaps a trade could be made between Soul and the GoT:TW team, a map for units. Good models and maps are hard to come by.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Perhaps a trade could be made between Soul and the GoT:TW team, a map for units. Good models and maps are hard to come by.
    We had talks with Mr_Nygren about that when we first started. I believe they want their project prioritized, and very focused on the show / personal preferences. With them mainly focused on model work would make sense for them to join our project and leave the map / coding to us, but /shrug.

Content Staff Citizen

We'd use GoT's unit models but naturally I'd want my map releasing on Dreams / Our project(s) before it was released on GoT. If Nygren is fine with that I'm sure we could 'trade' well enough.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

We had talks with Mr_Nygren about that when we first started. I believe they want their project prioritized, and very focused on the show / personal preferences. With them mainly focused on model work would make sense for them to join our project and leave the map / coding to us, but /shrug.
    As we got into trouble with the real update and will have to re-do a large amount of implementation etc of units - we could probably agree to join you guys. The problem would be if your project has other factions than the ones we have created units for - i personally wouldn't want a mod without House Bolton playable for example, because their units are awesome.

Houses like Manderly or Frey isn't as important and we could just include the units for other factions to use. And what about the Dothraki? They have only four units currently so probably they should just be a part of Daenary's army.

I am open for joining you guys and will help implement all the units then. We need to move ship anyway, because the current base-mod is so unstable.

Edit: And VltimaRatio, the creator of the models - had similiar ideas.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; August 05, 2017 at 09:12 PM.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Content Staff Citizen

I started playing with the Necks texture(s) and fear this is quite the rabbit hole, it's something I could screw with forever. A WIP naturally.

Citizen

Blog Entries

Wonder where he got that idea from

So a merger between your two mods is coming, well christmas came early this year... Good luck to all of you guys, i'm waiting eagerly for the end of the month!

PeaMan's Avatar Foederatus

The neck is looking awesome!

Content Staff Citizen

Just screwing with textures since I'm in the mood for some photoshop work. Very WIP. I'm aiming for a mid/half-winter feel once you pass Last Hearth etc.

Last edited by SoulGamesInc; August 11, 2017 at 07:49 PM.

Love the 'The One True King' for Stannis the mannis.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast