Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: A Map of Ice and Fire

Morrowgan's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [Project] A Map of Ice and Fire

Great to hear! You're working quite fast and well, you should do maps for more mods tbh.
    Last edited by Morrowgan; May 13, 2017 at 01:43 PM.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

SoulGamesInc's Avatar Valar Dohaeris
    Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Morrowgan View Post
    you should do maps for more mods tbh.
    I'll do other maps like Essos, Jade Sea and/or more defined sections of Westeros. Anything Non-Westeros? I'm a fan of Dragon Age... not sure if we have a mod for that already...

Morrowgan's Avatar Biarchus

I only know that EBII has a finished map though they're always open for improvements because theirs is very similiar to the outdated EBI one, when you look at how western Europe looks for example. I don't think that there's a Dragon Age mod in the works.
    Last edited by Morrowgan; May 14, 2017 at 11:44 AM.
    Member of the Beyond Skyrim Project

Make a fantasy map of the US! :p.

This is looking fantastic. Keep up the good work!

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Nono soul is busy for the next six months doing westeros maps

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    I'll do other maps like Essos, Jade Sea and/or more defined sections of Westeros. Anything Non-Westeros? I'm a fan of Dragon Age... not sure if we have a mod for that already...
    What about a new map for The Elder Scrolls?

Content Staff Citizen

We already have a decent map of tamriel and I think somebody has already made a skyrim map? Regardless, one gigantic time consuming project at a time me thinks...

I would love a Dragon Age mod.

How about a Genebackis map?

Content Staff Citizen

184 regions and Westeros is filled. I'll add some additional regions depending what kingdoms benefit but Essos naturally needs some love too, will have a 'regions' update/preview once the map is full.

Content Staff Citizen

I've expanded on Essos to allow for more mountains/rivers/detail. Free Cities will include Braavos, Pentos, Myr, Tyrosh and Lys. I'll also have two or three regions for the Stepstones to allow for pirates and a Blackfyre Invasion scenario at some point. The eastern continent will be limited, due to the region cap nearing in Westeros, so it'll mostly be the Free Cities and Stepstones alongside the odd extra place of note.
    Expanded Essos

In other news, there's a lot of work left to do but I'm finishing up regions now and will be done with that shortly. What's next? Essos needs a paint job before anything else but afterwards I've a hole lot of polish and adjustments to make prior to tackling climates and finally getting around to 'smoothing' the maps edges to make the hole thing look that much nicer. It's progressing slowly but nicely...

We march to victory, or we march to defeat. But we go forward. Only forward. - Stannis Baratheon SoulGamesInc, adding extra work to an already daunting task
    Last edited by SoulGamesInc; May 20, 2017 at 09:04 AM.

Well done soulgamesinc it looks like the best map in any mod
    When is your estimate for a release date, i don't mind when your finished, I just want top know an estimate date for me to check on this mod again

Dux's Avatar Warden of Westeros

Great work Soul. This will be a great improvement of the current Westeros maps.

Amazing work so far SoulGameInc. This will be the definitive map for all GoT mods to come.

Question, and I know you mentioned limitations on the map mapping (region cap I think it is, I'm not familiar with that term), but is it possible for you or any other modder to make a full map of Essos to include Slaver's Bay, Vas Dothrak, etc and allow for more scenarios to be played out? I know it would be probably too big to include both Westeros and Essos (I know Medieval II is limited with the space you have on the map unlike Empire where crossing continents is easy and built into the game) since they're both enormous continents. But theoretically could it be done with both continents at their full size or is it safer/better to have just Westeros and the east coast of Essos?

Meant west coast of Essos.

Content Staff Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by WadesWorld25 View Post
    is it possible for you or any other modder to make a full map of Essos to include Slaver's Bay, Vas Dothrak, etc
    I intend to do a map for Essos, going as far as Slaver's Bay, then another map for the Jade Sea going far as Asshai. There are secondly projects a long ways off. I also want to do one massive map of the North with 200 regions. A map of everything is also doable but the overall scale would need to be shrunk excessively and regions spread out thinly; ultimately harming the overall look. I think cutting Essos down the middle with 2 maps is the ideal way to tackle it.

None of that will be done until Westeros is done, and even then I'll be working on my submod and helping Parafix with Dream of Spring etc so other map projects are a long way away.

Hey Soul i have a question and btw i love your reviews, i've read you're planning to release a new version of the War of Conquest with the new map, new units and various details. I know you're still developing the awesome new map but as for the new units and the other new things, can you share anything?

Sounds good to me thank you!

I intend to do a map for Essos, going as far as Slaver's Bay, then another map for the Jade Sea going far as Asshai. There are secondly projects a long ways off. I also want to do one massive map of the North with 200 regions. A map of everything is also doable but the overall scale would need to be shrunk excessively and regions spread out thinly; ultimately harming the overall look. I think cutting Essos down the middle with 2 maps is the ideal way to tackle it.

None of that will be done until Westeros is done, and even then I'll be working on my submod and helping Parafix with Dream of Spring etc so other map projects are a long way away.
    So wait, how erm, far extejded will the main map be?

Content Staff Citizen

The Westeros map only reaches as far east as Myr, beyond that are hole separate projects for the distant future.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast