Thread: When i download part 1/2 it opens up in adobe reader

Default When i download part 1/2 it opens up in adobe reader

like the title says it turns into some strange Adobe Reader file. I dont know how this is, nor do i know the function of Adobe Reader. what i do know is that this is hindering me from downloading this mod.

Default Re: When i download part 1/2 it opens up in adobe reader

Hi there, and welcome to TWC forums

Answer these few questions, so that we could try and help you:

1) What Windows do you have?

2) From where did you download these files?

3) What Internet browser did you use to download these files?

4) Is your M2TW a Steam, or non Steam version (needed for installation instructions)?
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

1) how do i check?
    2) http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-3-2-Released
    3) Explorer
    4) steam

I've watched Arachîr's installation guide. Were mine deviates is when ive downloaded the files they are only readable, not runnable.

Internet Explorer is your issue, since IE is known to screw up .exe file Registry entry in your Windows version, a version which you can check by right-clicking on your Computer icon, and go to Properties, and there you will find your Windows version.

Now, these are your options:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - Re download all files by using either Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Opera.

- Reset Internet Explorer settings:

Go to Control Panel / Internet Options then Advance.

Click on Restore advance settings. Under that you see reset Internet Explorer settings. Click on Reset and delete user settings. This will remove your home page but it should fix the issue.

- Try to fix Windows Registry entry for .exe files ( but first, make a Registry backup, in case you screw up):

1. Press Windows icon + R on your keyboard, it will open RUN window.

2. Now provide following command to open Registry Editor:

regedit

3. Now goto following key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe
    In right-side pane, change value of Default key to exefile

4. Now goto:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command
    In right-side pane, change value of Default key to:
    "%1" %*

5. Now exit Registry Editor and restart your Windows. You should be able to open EXE files without any problem.

Good luck!
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Trying the first one now. Thanks for actually helping me!

IT WORKED!

Thank you so much!

Next on the list, DaC...