Thread: GUYS Help me! Uesugi can't trade with takeda

Default GUYS Help me! Uesugi can't trade with takeda

NOw I'm chellenging uesugi legendary campaign in original. I didn't modify anything didn't install any mods.

but the ing takeda didn't want to trade with uesugi. Even relationship is very friendly, he doesn't want to trade.

so i couldn't maintain alliance. Everytime takeda smash my back hardly plz is it normal?? do i need to reinstall?

Spear Dog's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: GUYS Help me! Uesugi can't trade with takeda

I think the harder Uesugi campaigns are the most difficult in the game. I gave up on winning that campaign, beaten on about five attempts at V.Hard. You just can't get any traction, attacks never stop and income never improves as no-one will trade and there is no cash (or time) for a navy to grab a trade node or to build economic assets over military units. As a result you end up defending a low tier castle with ashigaru units in a losing campaign of attrition. In one campaign I upped stakes, abandoned Echigo and took all units down to capture the Ikko Ikki regions and castles of Echizen and Kaga with their resources and weapons/armour bonuses. It was a close run thing but I succeeded. Unfortunately the Ikko Ikki had already expanded into a couple of other regions and came at me with strong full stacks. Echizen and Kaga are two of the best castles in the game and I successfully defended them several times and I think I was starting to win the war when the next attack turned up with less than full stacks of depleted units (my units were also suffering from insufficient recovery time) when a rebellion supplied them with 2 or 3 (it was a while ago don't quite remember) stacks of strong fresh and ranked up units. I fought to my last man, the Daimyo, but was ultimately completely wiped out.

I was close with the Ikko Ikki gamble, maybe you'll do better. Good luck.
    Last edited by Spear Dog; April 19, 2017 at 11:20 PM.

KEA's Avatar Senator

Takeda have horses. Horses are considered the most valuable trade resource in S2TW. Means, when you have horses everyone is dying for a trade agreement, when the AI has the horses it will never trade with you unless you lay an really insane amount of money on the table.

the harder the difficulty the less the AI will agree to a trade, even some factions appear to have hidden modifiers for who they are willing to trade with, break alliances with, attack etc.

It can be very frustrating, I know lol