Thread: Unit Size

Default Unit Size

Hi Everyone!

I am fairly new to this mod and I must say I am really love it.There are nearly any mod around cover this era and you guys did great job.

I dont know about if there is any explanation around it but I think there is some issue unit size-price aspect.As far as I see in custom battles.I am not really sure how its work on campaing.

I made a few try.The best unit of celts have 20 man and berserk ability cost 300 d.I use them agaist sassanid lowest tier unit paigan which is cost 120 d and has 100 man on it.And the result is paigan is just destroy that unit.And that kind huge size differences make some units really not cost-effective.

And we think about unit cap of 20.İts really hard to competition between this two faction.(Its just a example tho.I mean all that size differences from all factions.)

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by karasis; April 18, 2017 at 06:41 AM.

Default Re: Unit Size

Also I need to say someting off-topic if some developer sees it.I am really concentrate to sassanid testing right now.I think cataphracts with bows shouldnt have that ability 'use missle weapon before charge' it make hard to skirmish with them.And it would be nice not many of them have a mace as secondary instead of bow.That make them really decent in close combat to.

Pustigbans are only one have secondary but its sword.Maybe changing that to mace would fit better sassanids.

Edit : Saharan custom map seems broken
    Last edited by karasis; April 18, 2017 at 04:17 AM.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Unit Size

Hello, I can tell you only about the upcoming new Version (IB Ruina Roma). It is a completely overhauled game. You will not have the problems told us above anymore.

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/