Thread: Hunnic Hordes Spawn Nokkors with 65 Melee Attack

Default Hunnic Hordes Spawn Nokkors with 65 Melee Attack

Fall of the Eagle is up and running on my hard WRE campaign and out of nowhere I run into this monstrosity. Is there anyway for me to disable or mod Hunnic Nokkors myself? I've checked PFM and it's not under any nomadic FotE rosters. I wouldn't want to overburden Dresden so if anyone can give me any leads I can fix it myself.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HunsWTF.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	467.4 KB 
ID:	344681

Default Re: Hunnic Hordes Spawn Nokkors with 65 Melee Attack

This one? att_nom_nokkors

It's entry no. 551 in land_units in vanilla. FoTE uses vanilla units too, I believe.

(Yeah, 65 melee attack is a joke, but that one's on CA not FoTE).

Forgot to answer your main question. You can do two possible things.

1) Easy and crude method: Literally change the value, save and exit PFM. I'm not a fan of changing vanilla files like this though because it's better to keep the game's original values as a base from which to build other mods.

or...

2) Watch Magnar's RomeII and Attila modding tutorials on youtoob and begin making your own mods. Takes a few hours to learn, but well worth it.

Good luck.

Thanks Theramines, I solved it! What I did was copy att_nom_nokkors from the vanilla game and pasted it into the FotE mod pack. Added some new values and adjusted some weapons. To my surprise it actually worked. FotE never modified Nokkors which are spawned by the weird Hunnic Army generator.