Thread: Mouse cursor invisible

Default Mouse cursor invisible

Actually it flickers barely but mostly invisible. I did a quick search on this for troubleshooting--any quick answers? Windows 7. Wireless mouse. Thanks.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex

Default Re: Mouse cursor invisible

Welcome to TWC!

It might be useful if you provide any more information, if possible. Such as, does it flicker all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    Welcome to TWC!

It might be useful if you provide any more information, if possible. Such as, does it flicker all the time?
    Thanks for the welcome. The flicker is constant. If I put the game into Windows mode the cursor works fine; however the screen is truncated. I've also tried different screen resolutions.
    Thanks for any help.

I am attempting to run the game on a 1680 x 1050 monitor and this seems to be causing the mouse problems. Lower settings and the cursor is visible but with the game improperly adapted to the screen. I'll also try a cord mouse today as mine is wireless, to see if that helps.
    Last edited by Frunk; November 04, 2017 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Posts merged.

Artifex

Let us know how you go. I don't have Napoleon installed so I can't help much beyond troubleshooting.

Have you tried changing both the in-game screen resolution and the computer's own screen resolution?
    Are you able to try another monitor?
    Most importantly, are both your graphics drivers and keyboard and mouse drivers up to date?

Both mouse and graphics card are updated. The selected screen size of 1680 x 105 0for this monitor displays as it should. The only problem is a flickering, mostly invisible, cursor. I'm using a cordless mouse ( checked battery charged up) and am wondering if that is the issue; unfortunately I don't have a cord mouse to test with and am loath to buy one.

I've also tried the different in-game view options and toggled around with every other option available...

And then I tried various mouse pointer options and finally got it working. Everything else with the game worked just fine so it had to be the pointer somehow.

AGEOD's Wars of Napoleon unfortunately proved to be buggy and unsupported so I came back to the old tried and tested Total War series. Looking forward to diving into this--thanks again for your help.

Artifex

Great to hear that you got it working!