Thread: Where to deliver the one ring

Default Where to deliver the one ring

Hi.
    I read multiple threads, but still cant find answer, so I hope someone will help me
    I play campaing and dont know where to deliver ring. First time I got ring, pop-up said "Barad-Dur", but ring was stolen. Now i get it, but ( I didn't paid enought attention/there was no pop-up ) i dont know where to deliver it. I came to Barad-Dur, but after like 7 turns i got pop up "You didn't delivery the ring on time". So searched forum, and i find out that 80% of threads says "Black Gate". So i loaded old secure-copy save, and gone to Black Gate insted of Barad-Dur - same result. So i loaded this multiple times, and (fast skipping turns) i checked every Mordor setlement on "black lands" (waiting with ring in every settlement one turn ofc) - nothing. So i wonder - is there any way to show hidden missions/spot sauron/get to know with city should I go?

Now I'll take even cheat-based solution. I dont like it, but i just want to go on...

I will be really grateful if someone will try to help

Default Re: Where to deliver the one ring

Go to the volcano and idle for a few turns with that army. If you are playing a submod the script might be bugged, ask in that submods thread.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

According to the script (vanilla TATW 3.2) you must end turn anywhere in the Black Gate region ("Udun") and both Barad-dur and Black Gate must be owned by Mordor.

If you're playing as Mordor (are you?) then, instead, anywhere in Barad-dur region ("Gorgoroth") and you must own Barad-dur.

I do play as Mordor (sorry, I didnt say it clear enought), I do own Barad-Dur, and I did end multiple turns in this region. My general has ring (and Gollum), but there is no effect. Don't i have to click anything to give ring to Dark Lord? or maybe there is any hidden rule, for example, that my general with ring has to be Nazgul or something?

I dont use any submod either.

Go to Barad Dur as Mordor, the Black Gate is for other factions since they can't 'simply walk into Mordor'.

Use the console to give your general the relic_ring ancillary I suppose and then move him to Barad Dur, that should do it. My scripts are different than TATW's so I am just assuming. I also never destroyed the ring... it is precious to me. Nor have I obtained it as Mordor.
    Last edited by alreadyded; April 18, 2017 at 08:52 AM.

I do own Barad-Dur, and I did end multiple turns in this region
    Then that should be enough if he has the ring ... he definitely has it? "The One Ring"? I don't know why it isn't working.

(Screen on ImgBB)

https://ibb.co/eYk8Fk

So, The Guy is in Barad-Dur, he has The One Ring, I own this city. Next turn: nothing. I cant skip turns till i get pop-up "You didn't deliver One Ring in time-limit". And still nothing : <
    Did i missed anything?

I looked at the script and there is no way to make it kick in with the console other than what I wrote above that I can tell. Try moving him out of the settlement and/or moving the ring to a different general if possible. Or use the console to remove it and add it again. Not sure if these will have any affect but it is worth a try. Last time I played vanilla TATW, which was only once, there wasn't a ring script yet. So I can't help much since I have zero experience with it and my mod is different.
    Last edited by alreadyded; April 18, 2017 at 06:17 PM.

Oh... wait...

First time I got ring, pop-up said "Barad-Dur", but ring was stolen. Now i get it, but ( I didn't paid enought attention/there was no pop-up )
    You got the ring a second time? The scripts that handle the showing of the message (and setting a counter) and its delivery to Barad-dur (which needs that counter) are terminated the first time you get the ring and deliver it (or fail to). It won't work. It can't work. Script is assuming that the ring can only be found once. That it lets you find it a second time must be a bug.

Specifically, the problem is here...

The deliver the ring script:
    Code:
    ;#########################Mordor Player brings One Ring to Barad Dur 

monitor_event CharacterTurnStart CharacterIsLocal
    		and I_LocalFaction england
    		and AgentType = named character
    		and HasAncType relic_ring
    		and IsRegionOneOf Gorgoroth_Province
    		and I_CompareCounter deliver_ring_evil = 1
    That counter is set here:

Code:
    ;#########################Mordor Player: Advisor requests to deliver the ring
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionReligion catholic
    	and FactionType england
    	and not IsFactionAIControlled
    	and I_CompareCounter ring_possession_evil = 9
    	and I_NumberOfSettlements england > 0
    	historic_event deliver_ring2
    	set_counter deliver_ring_evil 1
    	terminate_monitor
    end_monitor
    But that monitor terminates (dies) the first time it fires; the first time you find the ring and are told to bring the ring to Barad-dur. So the second time you're not told to do that and the counter isn't set to 1 so that first monitor will never fire. Because the counter was set to 0 when the ring was stolen by Gollum, so it's now stuck on 0.
    Last edited by Withwnar; April 19, 2017 at 04:55 AM.

Ohhhh. A bit strange rule (I think it would be more interesting to make "eternal war for Ring"), but it explains everything. Im happy to know what is going on. Thank you guys, have a good day

I'd say it's a bug more than a rule. Well, I suppose that the can-only-try-delivering-it-once thing was by design, so a rule, but then script should not allow the ring to be found again, which is a bug. I edited the above post with details.