Thread: Starting Position

Default Starting Position

Hello everybody,

how do I change the starting position of a clan using PFM or DAVE, especially if it concerns a faction which is not contained in the main game, but got added through the Morning Sun-Mod?

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Starting Position

Hello strombat,

Unfortunately, we can't modify mods in the official tools. Its impossible. You can however change a modified mod's start_pos from the ESF window in PFM!

Read husserlTW's introduction to start_pos modding, find the change region ownership tutorial, read very carefully and do your best, and ask if you have questions. I already know, these are Empire tutorials you say; so when you get to the part where he asks you to find two integers in lines 14 and 15, you'll actually find those integers around lines 18 or 19 for Shogun 2. Don't be intimidated, just please read the steps very carefully, you may even want to grab a pen and paper, but you will be fine. There is another way. It requires you to download a library of jruby kernels, do some dos commands, wait a lot, and Notepad++. If you're only changing one region's owner, I recommend the former. If you are changing many regions, you will definitely want the later.
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

FrunkSpace | Mod Announcements | Colonies & Empires

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. I am the proud patron of:

atthias | PaulH | Athos187

Default Re: Starting Position

hello Strombat,

Back when i was working with startpos modding, I remember PFM not being the best tool for this.
    I found using Tweak, building what you want in there, and generating a new Startpos file was much easier than tinkering around with PFM. (altho PFM is great for other edits)

i would strongly recommend looking into downloading creative assembly's modding kit which includes Tweak and BoB. Theres tons of guides on here, take a look around!

Edit: just saw your post about wanting to move a modded faction from morning sun mod, this will drastically complicate things for you, and PFM might be a easier solution in this case. Just open the Morning sun mod, navigate through the files and find the faction you are looking for. Start there