Thread: Windows 10 Compatability mode

Default Windows 10 Compatability mode

Hi all,

I've just got into rome II again after a break. The last time I played it was on windows 7. I'm now on Win10.

The game frequently crashes, windows encountered a problem and needs to restart. All my drivers are upto date and only seems to encounter issues when playing rome. I figured I'd put it into compatibility mode to see if it could be any happier.

Oddly when I do them game fails to launch. If I run as admin, win 7 or win 8 the game will not launch. Fires up fine if I turn compatibility mode off. Is there a trick I've missed to get the compatibility to work with rome? i'm not changing it in steam with launch options I'm just going into the rome2.exe in D:\Applications\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War Rome II

Any tips would be appreciated

OdinSon's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: Windows 10 Compatability mode

I'm also running Windows 10 and have had no problems at all. I am on an Insider build though so maybe that has something to do with it?

Sorry I can't offer anymore help and I hope you get it all working fine.

Thanks, do you have any compatibility settings set?

Is insider build a beta release? is it an open beta or do I need a passcode?

OdinSon's Avatar Foederatus

No compatability settings at all, just straight Win 10.

For Insider head to your PC settings, Update & Security then Windows Insider Programme and sign up, no keys needed. Hope that helps.