Thread: Petition CA to optimize and patch Attila

Default Petition CA to optimize and patch Attila

So, since CA more or less ignores the countless threads on poor performance, making the game unplayable, I thought I would Hail Mary and start a petition. It basically asks CA to keep its promise for making Attila "future computer friendly". I believe CA released an unfinished product that needs attention for the sake of paying customers.

If you would sign it I would greatly appreciate it, every signature counts! Thanks,

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/834/0...ila-total-war/

Default Re: Petition CA to optimize and patch Attila

It's WAAAAAY too late for this, and all they're interested in is pushing product, they've moved way past Attila......... People have been crying about this for years ever since Rome 2 release came out absolutely terrible, Attila wasn't much better... especially after CA's YouTube series where they brag how they worked with "Intel" to make the game playable for all systems.... which was obviously a lie... and and even bigger lie was when they said Attila was made for "future computers" as you put it, that was an obviously hilarious cover for their inability to really do anything with Warscape.

So they lied with Rome 2 and doubled up with Attila when they were talking about performance the real fans of the series know this but the noobies don't, and they seem to cater to noobies more in recent years as they know they pissed off a lot of hardcore fans, especially when they left history for fantasy with Warhammer.... it's why many of their longtime hardcore fans like myself won't pay for their products going into the future.

And on an interesting note their official forum is ruled with a quiet but iron fist when it comes to performance talk, they let trolls troll but when someone posts something legit they cut it off, as I have had numerous threads over the years and comments deleted and all of them were eloquently put with even videos as proof which literally prove their problems. Many other members on that forum tried for a long time to get results with the performance problem but never got anything more than the generic response from CA and the mods always replying back "Please attach your DXDIAG" I can't tell you how nuts that small sentence drives me every time I see it coming from a mod or CA guy literally lying through their teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post
    It's WAAAAAY too late for this, and all they're interested in is pushing product, they've moved way past Attila......... People have been crying about this for years ever since Rome 2 release came out absolutely terrible, Attila wasn't much better... especially after CA's YouTube series where they brag how they worked with "Intel" to make the game playable for all systems.... which was obviously a lie... and and even bigger lie was when they said Attila was made for "future computers" as you put it, that was an obviously hilarious cover for their inability to really do anything with Warscape.

So they lied with Rome 2 and doubled up with Attila when they were talking about performance the real fans of the series know this but the noobies don't, and they seem to cater to noobies more in recent years as they know they pissed off a lot of hardcore fans, especially when they left history for fantasy with Warhammer.... it's why many of their longtime hardcore fans like myself won't pay for their products going into the future.

And on an interesting note their official forum is ruled with a quiet but iron fist when it comes to performance talk, they let trolls troll but when someone posts something legit they cut it off, as I have had numerous threads over the years and comments deleted and all of them were eloquently put with even videos as proof which literally prove their problems. Many other members on that forum tried for a long time to get results with the performance problem but never got anything more than the generic response from CA and the mods always replying back "Please attach your DXDIAG" I can't tell you how nuts that small sentence drives me every time I see it coming from a mod or CA guy literally lying through their teeth.

Trust me, you are preaching to the choir here. Ive been a Total War fan since the beginning. It is their censorship, or complete ignoring of performance issues that spurred me into making the petition. As futile as it may be, if we get enough signatures it may send a kessage to them for future ges even if they dont fix Attila. You are actually doing CAs work for them with your post, so either sign, or quit attacking it.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

Can I ask what's your overall PC specs?

However, If I were you I wouldn't hope for anything for Attila. You can still hope for DLC's though XD. Since DLC's makes profit, and CA loves profit.

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

I think The Last Roman DLC is very optimised and on my desktop runs much smoother especially in sieges and battles with many thousands of troops. In contrast the default TWA slows to a crawl in sieges of walled cities with thousands of troops. So it should be possible and I support the petition.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

While I realize this comment isn't particlarly helpful; I've never found Attila: Total War to run poorly, and I'm playing on a 5 year old rig. What kind of rigs are people trying to play this on that they're seeing 10-25fps frame rates? Could it be a user end config problem?

Praetorian_BGX's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Lin117 View Post
    While I realize this comment isn't particlarly helpful; I've never found Attila: Total War to run poorly, and I'm playing on a 5 year old rig. What kind of rigs are people trying to play this on that they're seeing 10-25fps frame rates? Could it be a user end config problem?
    On 5 y old rig? if your settings are on low i can understand this statement

Did you tried to zoom in during battles? you will receive 10-20 fps.

Ever played long enough to open half of the map ? map lag becomes horrible.

Since game was released i updated most of the hardware and its still terrible so "future hardware" was CA crap

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must
    ."
    -Thucydides

Indeed. I was shocked how well my comp. performes with Warhammer. Its like night and day when compared Attila

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

CA probably pulled their tech guys into Warhammer optimization the day after Attila got released So if you care about having a playable historical epic you're a sad little snowflake to CA now -- they cater to the orcs, elves and dragons crowd.

p.s. your "petition" is trolling for email and street addresses.
    Last edited by Huberto; May 04, 2017 at 09:05 PM.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by no2morrow07 View Post
    So, since CA more or less ignores the countless threads on poor performance, making the game unplayable, I thought I would Hail Mary and start a petition. It basically asks CA to keep its promise for making Attila "future computer friendly". I believe CA released an unfinished product that needs attention for the sake of paying customers.

If you would sign it I would greatly appreciate it, every signature counts! Thanks,

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/834/0...ila-total-war/
    1. Game is running well and well optimized that it doesn't need any big changes at all. Maybe time to upgrade your PC if cant handle?

2. Patches will come in time, when they will announcement Attila DLCs in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post
    1. Game is running well and well optimized that it doesn't need any big changes at all. Maybe time to upgrade your PC if cant handle?

2. Patches will come in time, when they will announcement Attila DLCs in time.
    1. Or maybe its just bad on technical level? Considering how Steam discussions are full of these. Or maybe all these people have +10 years old computers? Or as CA said, this game was made for future hardware, so five years from now, all these whiners can easily run this thing.

2. Yeah, teh next update is behind corner. Last update was like, what? In febuary 2016. dont' really hold my breath for this. This next update is going to make all mods unstable and people don't bother to update them anymore.

Did you get your "video card of the future" yet? Maybe CA can give us a 10% discount with Warhammer 2 DLC content? CA has multiple DLCs for a game in which the siege equipment does not work for the defenders in the campaign. That's a core function of the battles. CA just couldn't fit it in to their patches **cough (DLC$$$ updates$$$) cough** just no time.

I'd also like to thank CA for their working mod tools, that's just an extra incentive as promised.
    Last edited by stevehoos; May 23, 2017 at 09:10 PM.
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

Garensterz's Avatar Senator

I'm still waiting for "Legends says" jokes.

Nizam's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Noif de Bodemloze View Post

1. Game is running well and well optimized that it doesn't need any big changes at all
    are you serious?

Ottoman Total Overhaul received the 2nd favorite Overhaul/Compilation Mod - 2016 award!
    by_TotalWarTurkiye

Sir Althfons's Avatar Civis

Attila's campaign is utterly brooken beyond hope and will not doubt be leaved like that. It crashes always at some point and there's no way to solve it. Conclusion- Failed game.

FrozenmenSS's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sagat View Post

You talk about the censorship for more optimisation? Just look at the pointing out how messed up the Huns by using outdated Nationalistic theories and Pop Culture from the 19th century(Asian looking Nomads with Modern Hungarian names) and Eastern Europe with lack of the Slavs for more than an year and then see the real censorship.

Fast example: Link a Youtube video from a Documentary film from 1981 on the subject on their forums - removed because of Coppy right... yeah right....

Petitions nowadays dont work. The best solution? Vote with your wallets.
    Last edited by Tango12345; June 21, 2017 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Censor bypasses removed