Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: [Amendment] Removing Section II and Condensing Section III

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderation Mentor Citizen

Default Re: [Amendment] Removing Section II and Condensing Section III

Footnote numbering order has been sorted.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi

Under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Neadal, Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Sheridan, Bercor and Higo Chumbo. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

Lifthrasir's Avatar Carnival Season is over
    Content Director Citizen Curator

Blog Entries

Support
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader

- Results published!!!

Frunk's Avatar Moderator
    Citizen Curator

Support.

Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. Proud patron of atthias.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Support.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Sorry for my absence Iskar, very rude of me considering you were kind of to wait a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    Tango already made a pretty strong case about this one (see above) and I agree with him. The point is that a non-binding VonC is en effet not a VonC at all, having no effects. If the unlikely case arises the same can be achieved by passing a "Decision" stating that the Curia recommends the removal of XYZ staff member. Separately listing this possible scope of a Decision under an additional label as "non-binding VonC" does not enhance the Curia's role, as it does not add anything.
    Eh I could have gone either way - I do prefer Tango's version above so glad to see it included.

That was an amendment some months ago, when we were facing a shortage of Magistrate candidates and it was reasoned that the citizen time requirement only made sense for offices dealing with citizenship matters themselves, while Magistrate only concerns ToS matters, knowledge of which can be considered independent of citizen time served. Number 3 is just the compilation of the current candidacy requirements from section IV.
    Numbers 1 and 2 are just copied from the current text. I personally would vote to remove them if the amendment was brough up, but currently they are standing regulations on the use of the Curia Main and Proth, so I'd keep them in for the time being, since the scope of this amendment is not policy change, but just restructuring of the document.[/quote]
    As you're the one doing I don't mind how you want to approach it, both of these things can be sorted out with further amendments then.

In the current text there are three or four passages both for elections and bills saying that the poll will last one week. Number 5 is just the simplest possible formulation of that so it covers all cases without having to repeat it four times. Also, how long votes take is indeed a regulation/procedural question, so I would keep it in the R&P, while the basic principle that things are voted on in general appears in the main text.
    Fair enough.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Flinn's Avatar In Dude We Trust!
    Content Director Citizen

I'm sorry but I din't have the time to read everything, I just noted a mention about VonC for staff members, which is something I strongly oppose, no matter if this is just a suggestion or whatever.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 of the Imperial House of Hader.

I, too, would favour the removal of this wording from the Constitution, but it has now been discussed at length and there is too much resistance to its removal to include it in this amendment, given that its scope is not primarily policy change. If it puts your mind at ease, the VonCing of staff members is advisory only, merely a curial resolution expressing discontent with a staff member, and for practical reasons likely to never happen.

I'll be happy to put up an appropriate amendment to deal with the remaining wording issue, if this one here passes.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi

Under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Neadal, Squeaks, Makrell, Kaiser Leonidas, Sheridan, Bercor and Higo Chumbo. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

Flinn's Avatar In Dude We Trust!
    Content Director Citizen

yhea I actually missed that this was in the constitution since ages, my bad

please ignore my previous comment, I support the actual proposal
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 of the Imperial House of Hader.

May we have a vote on this in 1:40h?

Frunk's Avatar Moderator
    Citizen Curator

Frunk's Avatar Moderator
    Citizen Curator

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4