Thread: Victory Ratings

Default Victory Ratings

How does the victory rating system work here? I just won this battle for which the auto-resolve gave me 20 - 40% chance of victory. How can this be a close victory?! This keeps happening to me in my wood elves campaign.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

warl0rd13's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Victory Ratings

I think it's because there is no 'Clear Victory' rating, so the game chooses between Close or Decisive, how beat up were the other Bretonnian armies? Might be the reason why.
    Stabber, Ikanan teen.
    Silias "Twitch Tethers, Ordonian ranger

You can see how beat up they are. They lost 75% of their number, where I lost 5%.

When they show the auto-resolve "chance of winning" it is as if they can field their entire army all at once. When you fight the battle they can't so their chance of winning is far less.

Påsan's Avatar Hva i helvete?
    Citizen

Yeah its pretty dumb how the rating system is calculated. But basically you cant win a heroic victory beacuse your army is too good.

Just look at all those peasants... I guess losing 113 highly trained elves to that = shameful dispray

RedGuard's Avatar Protector Domesticus

aren't there achievements that require you to get heroic victories? How?

I am not interested in heroic victory. My question was why it is rated a close victory. It seems to me the victory rating also takes into account expended ammunition. Other people on forum.totalwar faced similar situations. So an archer focused army will likely end up getting lower victory ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Just look at all those peasants... I guess losing 113 highly trained elves to that = shameful dispray
    There are two other armies you cant see.... I guess assumptions for the sake of trolling = shamefur dispray

Sebidee's Avatar Artifex

The victory rating system has been pretty random for the last few games. Sometimes I would pull of incredible victories against armies that outnumber me 4 to 1 and get a "close victory". Sometimes I will be playing a routine battle against a weaker enemy and get a "heroic victory" for no reason. I think it's best just to ignore them, they don't make much sense to me.
    Hey! Check out my mods!
    Over 60 mods on the workshop, and a mod group in steam. Click the icons to see them for yourself!