Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: MA Student proposes temporary suspension of white men's suffrage.

Default Re: MA Student proposes temporary suspension of white men's suffrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    I think this discussion is overy focused on the "probable" and forgetting about the "cause". Anyone who is targeted for no other reason than their race most certainly has reason to feel aggrieved regardless of statistical correlations.

Stop and Frisk was certainly unconstitutional, as applied to anybody of any race, because it was done without any reasonable articulable suspicion that a crime had been committed, was being committed, was about to be committed, or that the "suspect" was armed and dangerous.

But in light of the unconstitutionality of the program, as a practical matter of mathematics/statistics/numbers, if you were going to run an unconstitutional stop-and-frisk program in NYC, with the idea being to totally forget about the requirement for reasonable articulable suspicion [this, rather than "probable cause" is the standard to conduct a Terry Stop] and simply shake down random people to try to turn up guns as a way to reduce gang related shootings, it would have been justifiable, mathematically/statistically, to completely ignore white people because white people were only committing 2% of the gang-related shootings in NYC despite being the largest population group [40%+] in NYC.

With that said, the fact whites were targeted for about 9-10% of searches, despite the fact that they only accounted for 2% of gang-related shootings, that is to say they were being targeted at 5x the rate they were committing the gang-related shooting, suggests that the program, as unconstitutional as it was, lacking any reasonable articulable suspicion, was not a mere "let's shake down dangerous brown people and see what we can find" program motivated by racism.
    "God is, as man conceives Him, the reflected image of man himself." Albert Pike in Morals and Dogma (33° AASR)

Ignore list [to save time]-
    Ferrets54, Hanny, Harith, mongrel, Setekh, Gaidin, Bismarck1899, antaeus, empr guy, Enros

Quote Originally Posted by ArBo View Post
    Would you then be so kind as to point me towards this expression of ignorance of mine?
    Well I would start with assumption that affirmative action is 'anti-white' legislation in the same vein as miscegenation or jim crow laws. We have plenty examples of white people expressing unwarranted fears of anti-white legislation. Many Jim Crow laws were "justified" with the argument that, if they couldn't abridge the black vote, blacks would pass anti-white legislation in areas with high black populations. Of course, that never happened.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

ArBo's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by The spartan View Post
    Well I would start with assumption that affirmative action is 'anti-white' legislation in the same vein as miscegenation or jim crow laws. We have plenty examples of white people expressing unwarranted fears of anti-white legislation. Many Jim Crow laws were "justified" with the argument that, if they couldn't abridge the black vote, blacks would pass anti-white legislation in areas with high black populations. Of course, that never happened.
    I never said AA is in any way as bad as the anti-black laws history has known. It does, however, treat people differently on the sole basis of their race/gender/*fill in your privilege*, which is the very definition of racism/discrimination. As for the rest, your "point" about how Jim Crow laws were justified seem unrelated to the subject so I won't waste my time responding to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ArBo View Post
    I never said AA is in any way as bad as the anti-black laws history has known. It does, however, treat people differently on the sole basis of their race/gender/*fill in your privilege*, which is the very definition of racism/discrimination. As for the rest, your "point" about how Jim Crow laws were justified seem unrelated to the subject so I won't waste my time responding to them.
    Well no, I am saying that AA doesn't belong anywhere near the camp of jim crow. That is, you can't simplify AA into the phrase "anti-white" in the same way jim crow laws are simplified into "anti-black". What's more, I don't think AA is really "anti-white" in any way of the term, at least not in any way that seems measurable. AA doesn't work solely on the basis of race, btw. If anything, it is more ethnic or culturally based than race, though race is often tied to those criteria. Still, I can't really see it as counting as "anti-white" and I don't think it is thought of that way in academic fields. I have never heard of it being discussed in such a way among sociologists or anthropologists.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Default Re: Progressives now want to remove the right to vote for white men

Quote Originally Posted by Acco View Post
    In what way does a blog post by a South African college student speak for an entire political group? Thread titles in this forum are so dramatic, almost clickbait in orientation.
    I agree, the theme is so obviously non relevant, politicaly or even socialy. And i cant say im suprised to see a thread about this in here. It aint the first thread of its kind.

Honestly the theme is a non issue. It reminds me of an Also south african student advocating for the banning of Science and Western medicine on the account, of anti colonialism.

There is also the academic context and its rethoric to consider, wich posters here usualy completely forget, when this sort of themes, and debates or issues arise.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7