Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you enjoying the slow death of TWC?

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Default Re: How are you enjoying the slow death of TWC?

Correlation is not Causation. On the other hand, if you want to fight climate change, you best do it by flying the joll roger it seems...

"Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

The Irish have all the rep, it's a conspiracy I tell you!

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    Yes, wich imo is linked to the decline of TW games quality over the years, and the less suport to mods with each title released, Since M2TW.

Sadly.
    that is a lie it dropped indeed because they had to learn how to make moddingn toools on their new engienie
    with attlia we are nearly back to MTW2 moddability
    the only things we cannot do are music [and even that seem to be cracked although the persian mod team does not want to share the secret without working for their team AFAIK]
    and the number of building slots for cities and the campaign map
    so CA just need to do these and we are back to MTW2 level
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Moderator Emeritus

Really? What about modifying the terrain/geography of the map?
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    Really? What about modifying the terrain/geography of the map?
    This has already been done. See the greener Persia mod, which changes the terrain in Persia to be more historically accurate:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...rchtext=persia
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

Moderator Emeritus

That is just the terrain type/texture, I was thinking about actual map modifications as in M2TW where you could determine land, water, elevation, etc.

Patrician

Changes to the actual map are extremely difficult. I was working with Uanime on the Morning Sun Mod for Shogun 2 and I experienced this first hand. The fact that Uanime figured out how to alter the Shogun 2 campaign map is practically a miracle and says lots about his ability to mod. Even then the map isn't really working as it should be.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    That is just the terrain type/texture, I was thinking about actual map modifications as in M2TW where you could determine land, water, elevation, etc.
    not possible in atilla
    only cosmetic changes like the persian mod bigdaddy1204 linked to

D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Then it is not M2TW level.

not possible in atilla
    only cosmetic changes
    And every frigging other TW game with warscape engine....

You realy only need to take a look at the type of mods for M2TW and the rest of Warscape series.

Pretty much.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    I said close not are

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Heaven View Post
    And every frigging other TW game with warscape engine....

You realy only need to take a look at the type of mods for M2TW and the rest of Warscape series.

Pretty much.
    look at shogun 2 please before saying that that please

thank you very much in advance

PS sorry if this feels rude that is not my intention

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

izzi has created this Shogun 2 mod which seemingly has a modified campaign map.

Patrician

You can change the map but it doesn't really work the way it is supposed to...

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I said close not are
    I've been starting to learn to mod units so I can have mesoamerican factions in Attila, but It'll be nothing more than a visual overhall without map changing. I have seen the Shogun Imjin Mod, but it doesn't really work properly and is a far cry from Roma Surrectum, Third Age total war and the like. Changing the campaign map may sound like one small thing, but it is so essential to the Total War experience that lacking it ultimatly means future mods will never, ever be even close to M2 levels again.

Patrician

Well the Korea map still works. Main issue is with the rest of the Mainland where parts of China are really screwed up.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

We all know the one true, Korea is waiting for the glorious leader to take charge.

Patrician

Of TWC or modding?

This thread is like that activity where one person tells a story to another, and then to another. By the time it gets to the last person, it is virtually unrecognizable.

Yeah it really did usurp the Chat Thread, strangely.

Probably because lots of people we don't see around these parts came to post in it, whereas in the Chat these days it's like a bunch of criminals who have all been living in the same cell for a decade.
    Last edited by lolIsuck; May 14, 2017 at 08:14 AM. Reason: obscene comment removed

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

We need to post in unposted areas .Do not be afraid to revive long gone threads or forums and try something new .

Do not be afraid to try something new that traditionalists will not like .Do not be afraid to enjoy TWC your way.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer