Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you enjoying the slow death of TWC?

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: How are you enjoying the slow death of TWC?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Personally, I don't visit anymore because I no longer feel like part of the community, and considering I joined in my teenage years, I think it's natural: people change, there's new priorities, responsibilities, and the like. I joined in 2008, that was 8 ago, and I was 16 then. I think that many other active users also joined during that time, which was a crucial one for the TW franchise, mind you: this was around the same time that "Empire" came out, after all. Assuming most of that new blood were teenagers, I think many are currently in the same boat as me: 20 somethings in the process of building their own lives. I also think that while the website has always had a propensity for attracting nationalists and right wingers, the recent alt-right trend has only made things worse for people like me, who are opposed to this sort of thing and would rather fight it irl as opposed to on a forum.
    Hobbesy!

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
    It's 'replenishment', guys. Not 'replentishment' or 'replishments'. No wonder we can't replenish our ranks.
    I too believe that 5am spelling mistakes by non-native english speakers are the downfall of this forum.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Exactly, one language for all is the most important requirement for our people. How can one community speak in so many different ways without creating confusion in communication: the most important and basic factor in Human society? What we need is a powerful dictator who shall resolves all of our problems.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

As long as he makes the trains come on time I'm good comrades.

Double A's Avatar person man

man I jumped ship to CFC like four years ago

bring back GSTK and we can talk
    Jon had taken Donal and Benjen’s advice to heart: Sam may be fat and pathetic, but he is still a member of the watch, and one of the few black brothers who isn't a rapist or thief. (out of context, this sounds ridiculously racist)
    super awesome music thing | political profile
    GSTK member - Join today! (We're restarting. Again.)

Patrician

And by "resolve all of our problems" I just mean kill all of the non-English speakers.

Also I think this is a good time to say that I cannot understand these abbreviations and hence why I hate them.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    I too believe that 5am spelling mistakes by non-native english speakers are the downfall of this forum.
    And you'd be right. It's an English language forum. If you don't want to write in English, fine. You can use the sub-forum dedicated to foreign languages.

Patrician

We should abolish sub-forums as a breeding ground for treason. Foreign language sub-forum users are not even real site members so they should be perma-banned.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
    And you'd be right. It's an English language forum. If you don't want to write in English, fine. You can use the sub-forum dedicated to foreign languages.
    I'd buy that for a dollar

Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    so they should be perma-banned.
    You're growing soft, Oda. What happened to your earlier stance that they should all be killed?

In think it's safe to say that the consensus here is that people have grown older and moved on to different things in life than debating on a gaming forum. Still, I think TWC has great value for political and historical discussions. That's becoming less certain, though, as membership and activity continues to dwindle.

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Toss them off the Tarpeian Rock.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    You're growing soft, Oda. What happened to your earlier stance that they should all be killed?
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying TWC." - Harris Total
    I believe Oda is becoming... tolerant.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

This place would be incredibly less rich if its participants were only english native speakers. To suffer some (or many) spelling and grammatical errors is worth it.
    (Yes, apologies for the serious pro-multicultural note).

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ View Post
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying TWC." - Harris Total
    I believe Oda is becoming... tolerant.
    Totalwarian ethics, by Harris Total
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    We should abolish sub-forums as a breeding ground for treason. Foreign language sub-forum users are not even real site members so they should be perma-banned.
    But then i wouldnt receive all these emails about spanish bad language!

Also, i grew away, these days im just nostalgic about how much i wanted to become a citizen, and i cant even put it on my CV

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    But then i wouldnt receive all these emails about spanish bad language!

Also, i grew away, these days im just nostalgic about how much i wanted to become a citizen, and i cant even put it on my CV
    See the mods can't even effectively moderate the foreign language threads. It is also a breeding ground for crime!

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post

In think it's safe to say that the consensus here is that people have grown older and moved on to different things in life than debating on a gaming forum. Still, I think TWC has great value for political and historical discussions. That's becoming less certain, though, as membership and activity continues to dwindle.
    I'm just weighing my options y'know. Not everyone needs to die. Some just need to live in perpetual exile.

My activity really went down in the VV cause I was super busy and a lot of threads did not really interest me, or it was a topic that we already covered long ago.

mishkin's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Blog Entries

Seriously, the places I usually visit (D&D, Thema Devia) lately look like the wasteland. I can not imagine anything less attractive. Time for a chicks thread?
    Last edited by mishkin; April 27, 2017 at 04:47 AM.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

A HP forum I visit has a Prisoners of Vagkaban thread. That's the kind of degeneracy we need.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by mishkin View Post
    Time for a chicks thread?
    Only if they're fashionable.

"First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Patrician

We should resettle users from other sub-forums to the areas that have the least activity.