Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you enjoying the slow death of TWC?

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Default Re: How are you enjoying the slow death of TWC?

Shaken or stirred my good man?

Niles Crane's Avatar Dux Limitis

Filthy barbarians, all of you. Good Australian sparkling wine (beats most Champagne any day) is all I need.

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    took an arrow to the knee

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Pff, a dry white Chateauneuf is what we need. While we wait for that a nice red Cotes-du-Rhone or a fresh Riesling will help us pass the time.
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Well, you can't get much better than Australian if Riesling is what you want. Most Alsace Riesling is overrated.

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Some wine mixed with cider gets your fair sloshed if you're feeling particularly posh.

Hmm, might try that. I mixed my beer with whiskey the other day which is also a good way of getting fair sloshed.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    Shaken or stirred my good man?
    Neither, blaze it.

http://st.depositphotos.com/1550529/...splash-and.jpg
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; May 02, 2017 at 12:27 PM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Niles Crane View Post
    Well, you can't get much better than Australian if Riesling is what you want. Most Alsace Riesling is overrated.
    Not sure. Do you have the necessary steep slate slopes to give the wine the brilliant mineralic taste of a Mosel(le) Riesling?
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Australia has way too many lethal insects/fish/bizarre beings to be considered as part of civilized places
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

It's nice that this thread lamenting the death of TWC temporarily revived its user base. I've never seen the TD so active outside the Chat Thread.
    Wow, has it really been THAT slow around here? I remember Chat threat eating trough 3 pages in one day at times, especially at the very end pages where people would just spam it up to end it.

Also, I will be having one Rum with pepsi, lime and 2 pieces of ice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Fair enough about your family values preventing you from drinking, my family values prohibit me from not drinking.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    Australia has way too many lethal insects/fish/bizarre beings to be considered as part of civilized places
    Don't worry, we've sent many a greek colonists there, to civilise that barbarous southern land...
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

They are all called Bruce over there, I'm told.

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    They are all called Bruce over there, I'm told.
    Put another shrimp on the barby

Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    Australia is a beautiful place, Kyriakos. You're just uninformed. Here are some pictures I took when I went on vacation there:

Patrician

The last time I went to Australia I found an island full of criminals and turned it into a top 10 country.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Root causes:
    -Total War series is dead
    I think this is the big one. Just look at the "currently viewing" figures for the forums. You'll see the Medieval II Kingdoms Hosted Modifications is the most popular forum by far. Right now, there are 362 people viewing. The next biggest forum after that is the original Rome Total War (2004) with 128 viewers. Then Shogun 2 with 101. Then 79 on Rome II, then 68 on Attila, and just 17 people viewing Warhammer.

That truly says it all. More than 10 years after release, the number of people viewing Medieval II is 20 times higher than viewing Warhammer. That's the death of the TWC forums, right there. Game over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

Huzzah! I suggest we set up a Curial Committee AND a new staff branch to organise the apocalypse and imminent downfall of basically everything. We will also need a dedicated Hex member for doomsday affairs to head the new branch and we need to amend the Constitution to properly account for eschatological eventualities.

Patrician

We should all drink cyanide so that the spaceships can take our souls back to Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by Iskar View Post
    Not sure. Do you have the necessary steep slate slopes to give the wine the brilliant mineralic taste of a Mosel(le) Riesling?
    Yes. Go to South Australia.

Maybe I will, one day. For the time being both the Mosel(le) valley and the Alsace are much easier to reach. Perhaps I can find an Australian Riesling at the wine merchant, though. In that case, I'll give it a try.