Thread: The Elder Scrolls Total War- Adding Hordes of Oblivion

Default The Elder Scrolls Total War- Adding Hordes of Oblivion

Hi guys, I have problem with my little sub-modification to TES TW 1.2. It could be hard to solve this topic, but I want to try.
    I've decided to add Hordes of Oblivion as playable faction. The units and and possibility to recriut them have already exist. Hordes of Oblivion appears in 80 turn. Before that they don't exist. I want to make them playable and give them two small armies, one in Fort Sungard. I've read tutorial on this forum how to add Mongols to campaign. I thougth it would be good idea because Mongols appears later in campaing as Oblivion i TES TW. However, after modification, when I try to start campaign game crashes. I don't know what am I doing wrong and if it is possible that crashing is caused by something diffrent. I added descr_strat.txt and campaign_script.txt and comunication which I have received after crashing. Hordes of Oblivion is HRE faction. any help will be appreciate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Przechwytywanie.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

AntonisTheGreek's Avatar Senator

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls Total War- Adding Hordes of Oblivion

Perhaps you forgot to change the faction leader's name in descr_strat:
    Code:
    character Genghis, named character, male, leader, age 40, x 178, y 221
    I assume that the name Genghis does not exist in the name list for the Oblivion in descr_names.txt.Find a name for Oblivion's faction leader from descr_names,and replace Genghis with that.

I've renamed this character from this file which you mentioned (Santhe) but it still appears to crash The same mistake

What does your error log say?

Wow, now this is strange o.0 Here's system.log, but I don't understand why there is so many errors to many faction I have just edited Oblivion (HRE) faction.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Cant open the files now, as Im on phone right now. However, the reason why it crashes is most likely the fact they dont have intro video, while the campaign script says they do. So just delete the lines in the script, and it should work. Will check the files once I get home.

I will be in home tommorow because of lectures but i will try as soon as possible. But i will be appreciate if you cold Look info these files latem too as you said. Maybe the case ogłoszenia problem is difrent.
    P.S. sory for my English

Gaming Emeritus

Well, tried the files, it still crashes. However, I have a modifed version of TES, so there might be something else causing a crash for me. Anyway, I have been using the oblivion faction in several of my custom scenarios with no problem. Only thing that needed to be done was the issue with the intro I have mentioned above ( tho credits for this one goes to Gigantus).

So once you get to your pc, try that and lemme know. Perhaps it will be enough for you

Maybe deleting all the stuff regarding the spawning of the Oblivion from campaign_script would eliminate the CTD?

Removing event of spawning HoO didn't work.
    Can you tell me how to edit this campaign intro? Because I can't find script with it.

Gaming Emeritus

Its in the beginning, right after the seasons

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType hre
    and not IsFactionAIControlled
    historic_event wealcome_to_tes_obl
    terminate_monitor
    end_monitor

Or you can simply try to remove the entire campaign_script and see what happens.

I found it and deleted it but it still CTD. However your second advise (deleting campaig_script) give more intresting result.
    I've removed campaign script txt. But it's still the same CTD. Nothing change, but it is clue too. It appears that CTD is not caused by campaignscript.

Have you any ideas which file could be connected with HoO and cause it? Sry for two replies but i can't find edit option :/

Gaming Emeritus

Hmm, I have tried several other things im my folder, but it still keeps crashing. Not sure what is the problem. Sorry

But heads up, my work shall be published in a week, so you will be able to play Oblivion soon.

It's great news and congratulation of your work I can't wait to play as Oblivion. Can you tell me where on this forum I will find your sub-mod when it will be released?

Gaming Emeritus

Everything TES related can be found here http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...olls-Total-War

Great, thanks, I can't wait for your updates

Please help I need original descr strat and campaign script