Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Epeiros as alternate Hellenistic factions (Massalia and Syrakousai)

Civis

Default Re: [Submod] Epeiros as alternate Hellenistic factions (Massalia and Syrakousai)

I'm starting a campaign as Syrakousai right now!

Default Re: [Submod] Epeiros as alternate Hellenistic factions (Massalia and Syrakousai)

The Syracuse patch works on launch, will give a game at some point. Cheers for this, always wanted to play as western greeks!! (Btw the governments for sycruse are still called massillian governments.)

Oh, well I've got a shipping hole to fix, so I'll correct that with v3.

I've updated both files, they're now aligned with the current 2.2m (unreleased for the moment) and have various little changes. Shardin and Korsim can now recruit fleets, which they couldn't do before. Though not everywhere can hire heavy fleets any more.

Does the factions have special reforms and/or governments? I might start a Syrakousai campaign when I have time.

Quote Originally Posted by MagusCaligula View Post
    Does the factions have special reforms and/or governments? I might start a Syrakousai campaign when I have time.
    Massalia has a scripted "recover our old colonies" thing for Alalia and Emporion, which gives ColonyPoints.

Syrakousai doesn't have anything besides the usual Hellenistic ones.

Both have new native pools in their factional governments, variant units in their top tier government and a change of bodyguards (since you can't recruit Molossians).

Anyone else playing this? I have a game going as Syracuse, KH are kicking arse. Moving out Epioros seems to have majorly challenged the balance of Greece. Turn 50 and KH owns everything south of Illyria / pella. Also when I kicked Carthage out of Sicily (short but very bloody war) they then concentrated on spain / masallia which was cool. Wondering if anyone else is seeing similar effects.

In my Massalia game, I definitely saw KH rushing north towards Illyria. Though Makedonia bounced back a little later and took northern Greece off them.

As Syracuse am I supposed to have effectively KH unit selection? I can recruit elite hoplites and not phalanxes. (Plus now thesalonika hippies from syracuse which is a bit unusual, the KH have taken Thesalonika so I'm roleplaying them as exiled nobles granted land in Sicily!) However i can still recruit macedonian elite peltisita. Did you change the recruitment at all Quintus?

Quote Originally Posted by sigurdr View Post
    As Syracuse am I supposed to have effectively KH unit selection? I can recruit elite hoplites and not phalanxes. (Plus now thesalonika hippies from syracuse which is a bit unusual, the KH have taken Thesalonika so I'm roleplaying them as exiled nobles granted land in Sicily!) However i can still recruit macedonian elite peltisita. Did you change the recruitment at all Quintus?
    I did change elite recruitment; Agema Phalangitai without a base of phalanx tradition doesn't really make any sense, so they were removed. Hypaspistai were a little too Makedonian-styled, and Syrakousai already has its own Greek heritage, so I swapped them for elite hoplites. I thought about switching the Peltastai Makedones for a new "elite Kretan Peltstai", but that seemed to big a stretch.

Same goes the Molossians - again if you don't have Epeiros, its silly to still allow you to recruit them. So I swapped them for Thessalians, Syrakousai still had links with Hellas.

KH wouldn't have stopped the Thessalian elites from shipping out elsewhere - they were being used as colonists by the Seleukids in Syria for example.

Are there any variants for Syracuse flag?

Quote Originally Posted by Vledis2 View Post
    If you mean if it got a new flag, probably not. But I guess you can easily change with one you would think fits better Syracuse. You can easily swap flags in "descr_sm_factions.txt" file in data folder. I would swap with Pergamon flag probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Vledis2 View Post
    I don't do graphical stuff, so no. Feel free to make one if you're able, and I'll include it in future versions.

Civis

Playing Syrakousai v3, I've just built a Basilike Patris, but I can't recruit Epilektoi Hoplitai. I didn't have this problem on the previous version.

I re-used the EDU from the Massalia submod, and forgot to give Epeiros ownership of the unit again. I bet if you check your error log, the first error will be that. Don't right-click on them, it causes a CTD.

I'll issue a fixed version soon, though it won't be savegame compatible.

I've decided when 2.3 hits, I'll do this again for Syrakousai, though I'm not sure about Massalia.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    I'll issue a fixed version soon, though it won't be savegame compatible.

I've decided when 2.3 hits, I'll do this again for Syrakousai, though I'm not sure about Massalia.
    No problem, I've reinstall EBII anyway because I wanted a clean installation.

Why this decision?

It's annoying having three zips to keep updating (2.2x, Epeiros-as-Massalia, Epeiros-as-Syrakousai) every time I amend the dev build, and I think the Syrakousai one is less fantastical.

Civis

I understand. Thank you for the Epeiros-as-Syrakousai introduction pop-up by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Saz View Post
    I understand. Thank you for the Epeiros-as-Syrakousai introduction pop-up by the way!
    I wondered whether I should put that in the campaign description. Probably better where it is, though, it's more prominent.

EDIT: If you're starting again anyway, all you need to do to fix the elite problem is add f_epeiros to the ownership row of the Epilektoi's entry in the EDU.
    Last edited by QuintusSertorius; May 02, 2017 at 11:54 AM.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    EDIT: If you're starting again anyway, all you need to do to fix the elite problem is add f_epeiros to the ownership row of the Epilektoi's entry in the EDU.
    I'll do that, thank you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast